'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Right now the only guy on that list who has shown they can compete at a very high level vs SEC competition is Saulsberry. I have no idea how you guys can diss him like that. He's better than O'Brien by a pretty wide margin and I doubt very seriously he's going to be pushed out by a JUCO.

Reactions: 3 people
Right now the only guy on that list who has shown they can compete at a very high level vs SEC competition is Saulsberry. I have no idea how you guys can diss him like that. He's better than O'Brien by a pretty wide margin and I doubt very seriously he's going to be pushed out by a JUCO.

Duuuh...he’s only a 3-star. Jeez, I thought you were better than that.

He has surprised me, but I think O'Brien makes a similar jump next year, as Saulsberry did this year development wise. Just my opinion, I like Saulsberry and I will be just fine if you are correct.

You're being sarcastic. Those people that are predicting these freshmen and JuCo's to immediately if at all push him out aren't.

Well that's exactly what Couch and McCullers did, and that why coaches generally recruit JUCOs. So you can leave me out of your general assumptions.

Well that's exactly what Couch and McCullers did, and that why coaches generally recruit JUCOs. So you can leave me out of your general assumptions.

Nah I'm not really arguing the JuCo's come to play right away part. But they aren't going to replace them. The two JuCo's will be playing as often as Saulsberry and Danny O' due to the amount rotations and substitutions we use. But I wouldn't go as far to say they're better and will get the bulk of playing time.

Love that someone would think Mosely would jump ahead of Saulsberry and O'Brien. He has no experience and isn't even in college football shape, but he's going to jump two of our better guys playing meaningful snaps.
Yep. Their "experience" as backups don't mean they'll be ahead of anyone next year. Plus, fighting a backup with "experience" ain't the same as trying to move a 350lb DT. That extra 50lbs makes a big difference.

That's why the Titans made a lot of moves on the DL this year to get....BIGGER. It's made a lot of difference, already.

Danny O has been coming on very well as the season has progressed. At times he is very disruptive up front. He will be even better next year with another offseason of S&C, as well as more time under the tutelage of Stripling.

Danny O has been coming on very well as the season has progressed. At times he is very disruptive up front. He will be even better next year with another offseason of S&C, as well as more time under the tutelage of Stripling.

Exactly. Even elite HS DT prospects should get a chance to redshirt and not be expected to have to contribute until their sophomore year. That's the true goal..... Roster stability and experience makes all the difference

Reactions: 2 people
Love that someone would think Mosely would jump ahead of Saulsberry and O'Brien. He has no experience and isn't even in college football shape, but he's going to jump two of our better guys playing meaningful snaps.

Agreed. Mosley needs to redshirt to change his body a bit.

To be honest Im not craxy about taking Mosely either. I know big guys are double and triple teamed, but that doesnt seem to be the situation here. And to all of you all claiming his BAMA offer, it was widely considered that he would commit, on the spot, if he had a scholarship offered to him. I believe the only reason he isnt at Bama is that Saban backed off, as well as many others. So all of you that keep bringing up Saban and Richt.. they arent pursuing him nearly as much as before the season, which is why I think he ends up a Vol. Yeah, its good to keep these kids instate, but I think there are more talented guys on our board that fight harder than this guy. Stats for a guy this size should be out of this world. JMO tho and all det..

To be honest Im not craxy about taking Mosely either. I know big guys are double and triple teamed, but that doesnt seem to be the situation here. And to all of you all claiming his BAMA offer, it was widely considered that he would commit, on the spot, if he had a scholarship offered to him. I believe the only reason he isnt at Bama is that Saban backed off, as well as many others. So all of you that keep bringing up Saban and Richt.. they arent pursuing him nearly as much as before the season, which is why I think he ends up a Vol. Yeah, its good to keep these kids instate, but I think there are more talented guys on our board that fight harder than this guy. Stats for a guy this size should be out of this world. JMO tho and all det..

Yep. So all of the people just dying to sign Mosely, are people satisfied with taking other teams leftovers. UT obviously doesn't have to do that anymore. The in state thing is the only thing that makes it make sense to me because this class is so heavy legacy and in state. He fits into the class that way to me.

fyp. I still think Mosley will be in the 2 deep rotation. If we land Reed as well, we could have us a nice DT group.

Lambert (Starting)
Reed (Starting)
Mosley 2nd
Carr 2nd
O'Brien 3rd
Saulsberry 3rd

Saulsberry will start next year, at a minimum he rotates in the 2 deep. Butch has said he was playing better than any DL this year before his injury.

lets turn the 6'3", 310+ lber away. youre right, this is our teams strength anyway.

no offense but i could care less what bama is gonna do. or what theyre up too! for all we know saban is out at eos.

any highly rated kid thats big enough to help us on OL or DL is a take right now. and, im not so certain that Mosleys future isnt on OL?

UT had no one when those guys came in and started. Saulsberry was better before the injury than McCullers has been at any point since he arrived.

Reactions: 1 person
AR DT Josh Frazier committed to UA tonight. Elam still looking good for UA. I would not be surprised that Mosley commits to UT before the weekend is out. He seems to be all UT anyway.

VN Store

Back