'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

3ff0f39ce107a7cf41e924698778370e.jpg

I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to imagine how to put his sentences together. It's not working.

Yea the OL played so well who could imagine such a ludicrous thing.

The key here is Blair. If he can come in and lock down a tackle spot, as a prototypical tackle, that allows everyone else to slide into their natural positions.

Reactions: 1 person
The key here is Blair. If he can come in and lock down a tackle spot, as a prototypical tackle, that allows everyone else to slide into their natural positions.

I think Blair has the potential to do just that. Mosley also has potential to step in at a Guard spot. I expected to see improvement with our OL throughout the year but can't say I did. It's a mess. We may have manufactured depth on the OL by playing them out of their natural position but we really need continuity along the front. Hope we can get that in the Spring and Summer.

Whoever the starting OL is next year they will be better because of two simple things...

We get bowl practices woot woot!

And

The DT class coming in will be hungry and light years ahead of what they practice against inside day to day now. This is going to force them to get better and get them used to finally seeing SEC caliber talent before Saturdays. Not trying to knock Danny O or J Williams but Danny is not explosive hes just a plugger. Jordan has been playing out of position and did well but a long way away from a true SEC DT.

I think Blair has the potential to do just that. Mosley also has potential to step in at a Guard spot. I expected to see improvement with our OL throughout the year but can't say I did. It's a mess. We may have manufactured depth on the OL by playing them out of their natural position but we really need continuity along the front. Hope we can get that in the Spring and Summer.

Mosely has the length to play OT.

Reactions: 2 people
Random, I know, but just wanted to ask how you have been doing, MV?

I'm doing ok. You have no idea how much you asking that today means to me though. This first week of December is always a hard one for me. Today, December 1st, is the anniversary of my dads death and then Wednesday, December 3rd, is my little brother's birthday (died of cancer).

God bless you man.

I'm doing ok. You have no idea how much you asking that today means to me though. This first week of December is always a hard one for me. Today, December 1st, is the anniversary of my dads death and then Wednesday, December 3rd, is my little brother's birthday (died of cancer).

God bless you man.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers this week and throughout the holidays. God bless you bro.

God bless you man.

Heard that. December 14th will be a year since my uncle's death (Lymphoma). It will be very hard on our family and his middle school-aged son

Another year in our S&C would help his athleticism, cut weight, and improve his foot speed IMO.

Albert Toenia may have the biggest lineman OL ever at UT and he struggled against speed rushers..Seems guys that are that big can only play on the right side

Mosely has the length to play OT.

I get his foot speed is lacking to play T

I heard that he has good footwork but IDK. I just see him being a better Guard than Tackle. Turning his run blocking assignment to the middle and walling off the non-playside D-linemen allowing the center and/or Guard to pull playside.
I can imagine great things from him. Hope he don't let me down. lol

God bless you man.

Prayers with you, brother.

How many true OT do we have? 2?

You ever question why Sanders never got a shot at RT? Thomas, a natural C, gets a shot, but not Sanders? Sanders even played T in high school, and he's a big guy too. Plenty big enough to play RT. We have to pray that Jones and Stewart get a chance to play RT here and excel at it, or we are going to have to obtain at least one JuCo OT next year. 2016 is our year, and right now, we don't have the depth to make a huge run in the East if one of our OT goes down. If Jones and Stewart both play RT, that will give us four true T players on our team. We still need at least two more long and tall LT prospects. Everyone else in the SEC has some, I think we should join suit. We already have a solid LT prospect in Johnson committed for next year that's 6'6", so that's a good start.

Now, as already noted, the LT recruiting is really bad right now. On top of that, everyone thinks Blair is the savior for the position. Unfortunately, I believe Blair is best suited at RT. I saw Blair play in JuCo, and he never played anyone who could challenge him off the edge. He proceeds to come here out of shape, and ends up redshirting. But, being out of shape wasn't the reason he got redshirted... Blair's hand placement and footwork needed major work. On a scale of 1-10, Blair was a 9.5 in run blocking, and a 6.5 pass blocking. Guess what our biggest weakness is on our o-line? Pass blocking...

You ever question why Sanders never got a shot at RT? Thomas, a natural C, gets a shot, but not Sanders? Sanders even played T in high school, and he's a big guy too. Plenty big enough to play RT. We have to pray that Jones and Stewart get a chance to play RT here and excel at it, or we are going to have to obtain at least one JuCo OT next year. 2016 is our year, and right now, we don't have the depth to make a huge run in the East if one of our OT goes down. If Jones and Stewart both play RT, that will give us four true T players on our team. We still need at least two more long and tall LT prospects. Everyone else in the SEC has some, I think we should join suit. We already have a solid LT prospect in Johnson committed for next year that's 6'6", so that's a good start.

Now, as already noted, the LT recruiting is really bad right now. On top of that, everyone thinks Blair is the savior for the position. Unfortunately, I believe Blair is best suited at RT. I saw Blair play in JuCo, and he never played anyone who could challenge him off the edge. He proceeds to come here out of shape, and ends up redshirting. But, being out of shape wasn't the reason he got redshirted... Blair's hand placement and footwork needed major work. On a scale of 1-10, Blair was a 9.5 in run blocking, and a 6.5 pass blocking. Guess what our biggest weakness is on our o-line? Pass blocking...

Really did not have a big push on 3rd and 2 or less.. Running was SO SO as well

Really did not have a big push on 3rd and 2 or less.. Running was SO SO as well

I just think it's going to take 4 years or so to get this system down. I'm not a huge fan of the zone read, but it's what college is going to. We've been a power football team for years and years, and now we have flipped the script 180 degrees. Butch needs 4 years to prove what he's made of, but next offseason would be the time to evaluate the staff outside Jancek and Bajakian. 2016 there are no more excuses. We must have 9-10 wins at least.

God bless you man.
I'm sure it's a tough time for you man. Just know VN homies are here for you if you need us. Vol family

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back