'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

A senior that has experience and started all season (and was probably our most consistent OL) battling for a starting spot and a RS-Fr who is coming off an injury and has not spent one day practicing on the OL yet starting? Yep, seems legit. Seriously, some people just seem like they can process. What happened with the OL this season was not just due to physical limitations. MOST of it was due to inexperience. Playing 2 true freshman, a center in his first year starting, and Gilliam in his first year starting, Kerbyson in his first year starting.

In August I bought into the idea the OL was inexperienced and would suffer through some growing pains. The fact that 12 games later and all those reps/practice time have them looking exactly the same or even worse in some ways, it's tough for me to buy it. A kid who is young and inexperienced on the OL should IMO show massive improvement as he gets more time/reps in. They should not regress as the year goes along IMO.

In August I bought into the idea the OL was inexperienced and would suffer through some growing pains. The fact that 12 games later and all those reps/practice time have them looking exactly the same or even worse in some ways, it's tough for me to buy it. A kid who is young and inexperienced on the OL should IMO show massive improvement as he gets more time/reps in. They should not regress as the year goes along IMO.

Not if they are out of position and limited in talent. I know someone who has spoken to Kerbyson, and he said his best position is at guard and that is what he was recruited to play. Maybe young players at their correct position should improve. But Kerbyson and Thomas were playing out of position.

Reactions: 1 person
Hoping this kid can drop 40 pounds and be a LT. We are running out of options on the recruiting trail. Gonna have to get creative if this OL is gonna improve.

Losing Crowder was a huge blow to the line. They were looking somewhat improved before he went down. Our communication and snaps have been a mess since then.

Apparently he was on his way to seeing weight and competing next year for an OT spot but now after his unforntae car accident and being out of football I'm wondering how well he can adapt to have a chance to play there. Dude seems very talented and could be an awesome OL with his size.

Mine would be:

LT - Blair
LG - Jackson
C - Thomas/Weisman (camp battle)
RG - Mosley
RT - Kerbyson

I would have Robertson backup Jackson and prep to replace him after next season. I think Zach Stewart will make a push for RT by the start of next season. He's supposedly an EE, and even as a freshman, he's already SEC OT size. Reminds me a lot of Eric Fisher:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBshiEvgeEc[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXfh8l29aEs[/youtube]
He's gonna get a lot of flack from schools once he's puttin them in the dirt and using that good ole tennessee accent. I hope this guy does very well on our team. Go Vols

My guess would be:

Blair LT
Jackson LG
Crowder C
Kerbyson RG
Kendrick RT

Obviously my opinion is worthless, but that is just what I think would be the best line. We'll be a lot more experienced. Nobody will be playing out of position. If we are lucky enough to stay healthy, maybe the freshman who have struggled this year would be able to RS.

Coleman was recruited as a C wasn't he? I feel like we can do better than Crowder.

Mine would be:

LT - Blair
LG - Jackson
RG - Mosley
RT - Kerbyson

I would have Robertson backup Jackson and prep to replace him after next season. I think Zach Stewart will make a push for RT by the start of next season. He's supposedly an EE, and even as a freshman, he's already SEC OT size. Reminds me a lot of Eric Fosher

Where is Mosley coming in and taking anyone's spot? He hasn't even practiced. I'd say Weisman KK Sanders would all start before he would.

I think Coleman Thomas is a huge sleeper at C.

He has the most potential there on the roster.

Also doesnt have to worry about verticle set where he got killed this year.

Mosely will be an OT if he can shed some bad weight IMO.

I saw Charles after the game Saturday and my son and I both coomented that he did not look like he weighed 350 pounds.
I am sure that he can and will get in better shape as he progresses in his rehab, but he was very trim looking for someone of that size.

Mine would be:

LT - Blair
LG - Jackson
RG - Mosley
RT - Kerbyson

I would have Robertson backup Jackson and prep to replace him after next season. I think Zach Stewart will make a push for RT by the start of next season. He's supposedly an EE, and even as a freshman, he's already SEC OT size. Reminds me a lot of Eric Fisher:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBshiEvgeEc[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXfh8l29aEs[/youtube]

I agree on Stewart. Jones and Stewart should be our RTs for the future. We still need some LT prospects. We are probably going to have to obtain another JuCo OT come 2016 for depth purposes. We could have used one this year as well.

Big Charles will likely be OG next year, but just not sure if he starts. I am guessing he is in the 2 deep though. Here is my two deep prediction for next year.

LT - Blair/Richmond (If he comes to UT)
LG - Jackson/Mosley
C - Crowder/Weisman
RG - Kerbyson/Robertson
RT - Kendrick/Thomas

Big Charles will likely be OG next year, but just not sure if he starts. I am guessing he is in the 2 deep though. Here is my two deep prediction for next year.

LT - Blair/Richmond (If he comes to UT)
LG - Jackson/Mosley
C - Crowder/Weisman
RG - Kerbyson/Robertson
RT - Kendrick/Thomas

I'll go:
LT - Blair/ Kendrick
LG - Jackson/ Kerbyson
C - Crowder/ Thomas / Weisman
RG - Robertson / Kerbyson
RT - Kendrick / Jones

I could also see Blair at RT while Kendrick holds down the LT spot. Don't foresee Robertson losing his spot considering he is the only OL to start every game.

Do you even English??

3ff0f39ce107a7cf41e924698778370e.jpg

I'll go:
LT - Blair/ Kendrick
LG - Jackson/ Kerbyson
C - Crowder/ Thomas / Weisman
RG - Robertson / Kerbyson
RT - Kendrick / Jones

I could also see Blair at RT while Kendrick holds down the LT spot. Don't foresee Robertson losing his spot considering he is the only OL to start every game.

Much more reasonable. I just don't see where all the hype is coming from for an overweight freshman who didn't even practice this year. He's not taking spots of anyone barring injury, IMO.

Much more reasonable. I just don't see where all the hype is coming from for an overweight freshman who didn't even practice this year. He's not taking spots of anyone barring injury, IMO.

Yea the OL played so well who could imagine such a ludicrous thing.

VN Store

Back