'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

If we are talking about OT, but I think Mosley will supplant Robertson. I'd rather move Robertson to C or backup Jackson at LG. Mosley gives us the road grader we desperately need. I hope Crowder doesn't get to see another start, at UT. He's way undersized for the SEC and gets blown up a few times every game.

We need some big hosses that can move the pile and open holes. Bama has a big DL and we need an OL that can hold up against them. Mosley is one good answer. Just wish we had another 2 or 3 like him. :)

Don't be so modest man. Crowder get blown up on every snap. He is constantly sitting in the QBs lap on every play.

There is no way he's been in any weight room this past off-season. The worst part is that he's suppose to be the leader on he O-line.

My guess would be:

Blair LT
Jackson LG
Crowder C
Kerbyson RG
Kendrick RT

Obviously my opinion is worthless, but that is just what I think would be the best line. We'll be a lot more experienced. Nobody will be playing out of position. If we are lucky enough to stay healthy, maybe the freshman who have struggled this year would be able to RS.

Don't be so modest man. Crowder get blown up on every snap. He is constantly sitting in the QBs lap on every play.

There is no way he's been in any weight room this past off-season. The worst part is that he's suppose to be the leader on he O-line.

:eek:lol:

How is it possible people don't learn from what they see this year. One of the biggest causes for our OL troubles is that they have no experience. Mosley has not spent one college practice as an OL. He won't just walk in and start and be great next year. It's the same ol back up QB thinking. Now he could end up being a great OL. But give him time to develop.

Reactions: 1 person
Mosley should get a RS if depth wasn't an issue. That said he will likely be in the rotation. It might be 2017 before our oline is dominant. Fair to middling in 2015 is all I am asking.

Mosley should get a RS if depth wasn't an issue. That said he will likely be in the rotation. It might be 2017 before our oline is dominant. Fair to middling in 2015 is all I am asking.

He got a redshirt this year. He will be playing next year but will need time to develop. Hopefully, he was preparing mentally and studying the schemes while rehabbing.

If he got a medical RS this year, could he use a regular RS next year? How does that work? He may not need one anyway. He could end up starting.

If he got a medical RS this year, could he use a regular RS next year? How does that work? He may not need one anyway. He could end up starting.

He's getting a normal one this year. My understanding of the way medical redshirts work is that they can be applied for in a situation where a player needs a 6th year of eligibility a la the Skove (sp?) kid from Stanford a few years back.

He's getting a normal one this year. My understanding of the way medical redshirts work is that they can be applied for in a situation where a player needs a 6th year of eligibility a la the Skove (sp?) kid from Stanford a few years back.

Thanks. So if any injury occurs and you never used your normal RS, you use it?

My hopes for next year

LT - Blair
LG - Jackson
C - Crowder/Thomas/Weisman (camp battle)
RG - Kerbyson
RT - Kendrick

Doesn't look half bad to me.

Reactions: 1 person
My hopes for next year

LT - Blair
LG - Jackson
RG - Kerbyson
RT - Kendrick

That's exactly how mine looked a few posts back. Nobody playing out of position and a lot more experience. I like it. There is no excuse for our OL not being our most improved unit next season.

My hopes for next year

LT - Blair
LG - Jackson
RG - Kerbyson
RT - Kendrick

Mine would be:

LT - Blair
LG - Jackson
C - Thomas/Weisman (camp battle)
RG - Mosley
RT - Kerbyson

I would have Robertson backup Jackson and prep to replace him after next season. I think Zach Stewart will make a push for RT by the start of next season. He's supposedly an EE, and even as a freshman, he's already SEC OT size. Reminds me a lot of Eric Fisher:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBshiEvgeEc[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXfh8l29aEs[/youtube]

IMO it will be like this

LT - Blair
LG - Jackson
C - Crowder
RG - Robertson/Kerbyson
RT - Mosley

A senior that has experience and started all season (and was probably our most consistent OL) battling for a starting spot and a RS-Fr who is coming off an injury and has not spent one day practicing on the OL yet starting? Yep, seems legit. Seriously, some people just seem like they can process. What happened with the OL this season was not just due to physical limitations. MOST of it was due to inexperience. Playing 2 true freshman, a center in his first year starting, and Gilliam in his first year starting, Kerbyson in his first year starting.

VN Store

Back