'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

“i was actually going to take my official visit for that game, but they told me they want me to take it later on in the year. But that was a game i didn’t want to miss,” said mosley

“everything was great. I got there around 2:30, so i just went straight on to the stadium and met up with everybody — all the recruits and everybody there. But from beginning to end, the whole time i was there, it was great. I mean, i loved the whole atmosphere, the game and everything.”

“the first time i was there, it was amazing,” he said, referring to his visit to tennessee for its 31-24 win over south alabama on sept. 28. “the second time i was there, i was like, ‘whoa.’ it was a whole type of different atmosphere, completely.

“i have never been to a game like that at all. That’s the best college game i have ever been to. That’s the loudest (crowd) i’ve ever heard.”

“they didn’t know i was coming ‘til i was, like, halfway there,” mosley said. “i didn’t tell them ‘til i was halfway there that i was showing up, so it was kind of surprise for coach jones and them. ... They were just telling me it was great to see me back. They were happy to get me down there the first time down there for a game. For me to come back two weeks in a row, they were like, it was great to see me and stuff.”

Reactions: 5 people
Bingo. Hubbs and Fortenberry have said many times Mosley is at the top of the board, he's a take all day long. If he wasn't they would say so just like with the DL the staff passed on.

I am leaning more toward him waiting on Bama than him not being a take

Last edited:
There are only 2 explanations for the staff postponing the kids OV that I can think of.

He isn't a take now

Or

We want him to OV later so we have a chance to compete against a Bama late push

Anybody got any other explanations

Also from the 247 article:

“Every time I get down there, I just get more and more excited about getting back down there,” Mosley said. “Me and Coach Jones are still building a great relationship and all that, and I’m really just liking Tennessee, man. It’s hard not to like it. You go down there and see great games like I’ve been to, it’s just hard not to fall in love with it.”

He's trying to visit Auburn, UGA, and Ole Miss before the end of the season. He is going to take all of his OV's after his HS season, and then he will decide.

Our staff probably wants the last OV to ensure we land Mosley. No need to burn the OV if he's making the trip on his own dime (for the second straight week).

So you think it's a battle for his commitment??

If so I agree and Bama is what he is waiting on

There are only 2 explanations for the staff postponing the kids OV that I can think of.

He isn't a take now

Or

We want him to OV later so we have a chance to compete against a Bama late push

Anybody got any other explanations

We host numerous OVs that are not takes...so that is not a valid reason. Your second reason is the only logical explanation...and you like logic.

I think we have a comfortable lead, but he wants to take some OVs. I think Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and several other schools want him and would take him now. Unfortunately for those schools, there's a new sheriff in K-town. Butch Please.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe he wants to commit but still take visits. Coach Jones says you're not committed if your still taking visits.

We host numerous OVs that are not takes...so that is not a valid reason. Your second reason is the only logical explanation...and you like logic.

Not a take now is very different than not a take at all. We could be saving his OV for a push for a commitment after potentially missing on a juco DT

Like I said I lean toward this being a Bama thing. IMO the reason he states us as his leader is because Bama isn't taking him ATM.

Reactions: 1 person

Why can't it be a battle and still be the leader? Of course it's a battle, HE'S A REALLY GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER. OTHER GOOD PROGRAMS WANT HIM. JUST BECAUSE HE HASN'T COMMITTED TO HIS LEADER YET DOESN'T MEAN HE'S WAITING FOR BAMA. HE COULD HAVE COMMITTED TO BAMA ALREADY. SMH.

Reactions: 4 people
Why can't it be a battle and still be the leader? Of course it's a battle, HE'S A REALLY GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER. OTHER GOOD PROGRAMS WANT HIM. JUST BECAUSE HE HASN'T COMMITTED TO HIS LEADER YET DOESN'T MEAN HE'S WAITING FOR BAMA. HE COULD HAVE COMMITTED TO BAMA ALREADY. SMH.

Stop Yelling!!!!

Not a take now is very different than not a take at all. We could be saving his OV for a push for a commitment

Like I said I lean toward this being a Bama thing. IMO the reason he states us as his leader is because Bama isn't taking him ATM.

I really think you are over-analyzing Mosley's recruitment. I think we lead, he wants to visit other schools to see what those schools are like, he will visit Tennessee again this season for an OV (his 3rd visit to Knoxville for a game this year), and then he will make his decision. It's kind of a big decision for him, and he should be given the time.

Reactions: 2 people

Ron

If he has a commitable offer to Bama as a DT then I am completely wrong. I know its been said Bama wanted him but as a DT I am not sure

VN Store

Back