'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

I guess it's not surprising he is confused with 3 great recruiting staffs on him hard. It also doesn't sound like Saban has moved on like bama fans tried to say

Reactions: 1 person
I have a bad feeling about this

Well in that case...

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

Calling TW: which NT might Bama be hoping to get ahead of Mosley? Elam?

Our sites are reporting that he spoke with Saban this week and that Saban told him we are still looking for DL. So I assume that means we are recruiting him at DL. He is also supposedly visiting UA for both the UT and LSU games. A Bone says he is still a priority for UA, but any site that has mentioned him this week all have said the same thing that UT is still his leader.

Elam is our top target for DT but our sites are starting to lean more to him staying instate. Which makes sense for the strong push now for former UF commit JUCO J Reed who visited last week and will take an OV this fall. We are also still pushing for JUCO Abu Lamin for his last OV.

Just don't see THIS not being a take.

IMO, he's a take everyday of the week and twice on Saturday's if it's for no other reason but his size. Once he gets here, everything else will take care of itself, strength and conditioning and such.

But I can also understand why some of you won't be upset if we don't land him. Take a JUCO in his place.

Also, another point was made that Butch may have some bigger fish in the pond and that would be ok too.:)

I have been the only one pumping the he isn't a take angle here. If I had to bet on it I wouldn't be that is the case here.

IMO the reason he isn't a vol yet is one of two things:

He is holding out for a commitable offer from Bama.

Or

He isnt a take for us right now.

I am 75/25 on this being a Bama issue.

One thing I would bet a large amount of money is this has nothing to do with him just wanting to take free trips. He has had time for that.

Fwiw mr. Zona I have worked plenty with recruiting age kids since that's part of the qualifications of being able to comment on speculating on recruiting in this forum.

"I loved it. I told my coach that's what I had been waiting to see for a long time, a good atmosphere and to see them play hard. That's what I had been waiting on," Mosley said. "That topped every visit I'd been down there on."

"Everything was good. We got to meet everybody down there and most of all the Vol commits and all the other top prospects," Mosley said. "I got to meet Dillon Bates and his dad and I looked up Bill Bates and his dad was bad."

"I believe in what he's saying," Mosley said. "If I didn't believe in what Butch Jones was saying they wouldn't be my number one school and I believe in what he says and what he's got going. Saturday he just showed that Tennessee is going to be great again."

"When coach Jones sat me down in his office and we talked about his plan and what he has going on I believed in it from then and Saturday it showed it," Mosley said.

-VQ

Reactions: 7 people
Damnest recruitment I have ever followed. It would be fun to know exactly what was and is happening throughout this entire process

Maybe it's as simple as Mosley wants to take some OVs, and Butch won't let commitments OV elsewhere ala Brady Hoke. I think you're overanalyzing this.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe it's as simple as Mosley wants to take some OVs, and Butch won't let commitments OV elsewhere ala Brady Hoke. I think you're overanalyzing this.

Bingo. Hubbs and Fortenberry have said many times Mosley is at the top of the board, he's a take all day long. If he wasn't they would say so just like with the DL the staff passed on.

It's been discussed many times. He has had plenty of time to do that. He hasn't been to another campus since August 24th

VN Store

Back