'15 GA DT Quay Picou (UT Signee 2/4/15)

You continue to come out of the closet more and more, HG, with your true colors of being a Vol fan. Now, you're even watching our recruits play to see what they look like. Go ahead and ask Freak for a name change to HialeahVol.

But please keep your Avi. :)

Picou had 4 tackles yesterday, including 2 TFL and a sack. He also broke up a pass and had his 2nd fumble return for a TD (10 yards). Future Vol Austin Smith forced the fumble.

Reactions: 2 people
The awesome thing about it is this guy is considered to be our 3rd best DT recruit this cycle and is a total stud. Kinda reminds me of some of Florida's past d-line hauls.

Biggest difference is Barnett. Dude will be the best DE in the country next year. Having dominant D-linemen inside will let him go ballistic. It's about to be nasty up front for us. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully Tuttle, Mckenzie, Smith, Picou, and gang don't get homesick and leave after less than a year

Hopefully Tuttle, Mckenzie, Smith, Picou, and gang don't get homesick and leave after less than a year

Literally no way McKenzie gets home sick in Knoxville. I am willing to bet the farm. Starters and winners don't get homesick either.

Picou had 4 tackles yesterday, including 2 TFL and a sack. He also broke up a pass and had his 2nd fumble return for a TD (10 yards). Future Vol Austin Smith forced the fumble.

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see him feast on some SECe opponents!

Is there a replay of the game available? I've looked around and haven't found one.

Maybe one of the most dominant hs defenses of all time.I think they gave up like 85 points all year.

Not surprising, there is a TON of talent on that defense.
I think some one said they had like 6 or 7 D1 players on their defense alone.I think they could have beat most of the 5a and 6a teams.The Georgia HS Athletic Association keeps moving them up in class but they still keep winning and dominating.

I think some one said they had like 6 or 7 D1 players on their defense alone.I think they could have beat most of the 5a and 6a teams.The Georgia HS Athletic Association keeps moving them up in class but they still keep winning and dominating.

Yeah, Buford can compete with any team, regardless of classification, in this state.

This kid is very good. Sawyers better get his stuff together because I see more talented players coming in at his position.

Top "sleeper" recruits (from the SEC list) according to an ESPN article.

DT Quay Picou, Tennessee

With ESPN 300 DT commits Shy Tuttle and Kahlil McKenzie in Tennessee' class it can be easy to get overshadowed, but the Volunteers have another interior defender to keep an eye on in Picou. The high three-star is a good, tough player from a successful high school program. The Buford High product has good hands, displays very good playing strength, good initial quickness, and is capable of being a well-rounded and productive player in the trenches. He needs to continue to develop, but could quietly become a key contributor to the Vols' D-Line.

Reactions: 13 people
I think a rotation between KMack, Tuttle, Sawyers and Picou will be a beautiful thing...especially with the DE talent coming in. We 'bout to turn "3rd Down for What?" into "3rd Down for Naught!"

tumblr_n7i53sMIAn1smmsbuo2_500.gif

After watching his videos and considering the talent that we are getting at DE I have to wonder if this kid is not a way under valued commit. This kid is a monster in the middle and will give us a very effective two deep on the defensive front.

After watching his videos and considering the talent that we are getting at DE I have to wonder if this kid is not a way under valued commit. This kid is a monster in the middle and will give us a very effective two deep on the defensive front.

It's been said by some whom I forget that he is a way undervalued recruit and should turn into a very good player for us. Said he needs to work on his technique some but with good coaching, he should be really good. Strip will take care of that.

This kid is seriously one of my favorite additions. Like I've said before, during Alabama's run they have been known as a team that is dominant against the run between the tackles. They've been exposes by spread offense and hurry-up offenses.

With guys like Mckenzie and Tuttle, we are building a defense with similar dominance in the middle. But Picou may be even more suited to go against those offenses that like to spread out and go hurry up, which we will go against if we make the playoffs (see Ohio State and Oregon). Plus, we're shooting for 15-game schedules, so we'll need plenty of depth.

Buford also has 2 five stars in 2016. Hope Quay and Smith are on them. Though looks like Nuata might be too far gone.

VN Store

Back