'15 GA DT Quay Picou (UT Signee 2/4/15)

If we are lucky he wont have to see the field for a while

Are you kidding?? I hope we play like 10 DL a game going forward as long as they're ready...LSU used to play 8 a game think about how fresh the guys will be!! Depth and talent are great to have a defense cannot be worn down or hurt by injuries like ours has been the last few years

Reactions: 1 person
Are you kidding?? I hope we play like 10 DL a game going forward as long as they're ready...LSU used to play 8 a game think about how fresh the guys will be!! Depth and talent are great to have a defense cannot be worn down or hurt by injuries like ours has been the last few years

Exactly. Another point I would add to that is that our D-Line class has an extremely versatile set of skills. That means in a year or two we're going to see these guys coming on and off the field depending on what defensive scheme we're using for that play. That's why having 4 DEs committed is not a problem, if one gets tired or is under-performing you can replace him with somebody that is going to give the opposing linemen a whole different kind of challenge.

Buford also has 2 five stars in 2016. Hope Quay and Smith are on them. Though looks like Nuata might be too far gone.

Nauta's father got transferred to Jacksonville, so that are moving soon if not already. Many UGA followers see him as a lock to FSU.

I know this is going to sound like blasphemy but I have this weird feeling that Quay will have a impact sooner than Shy.

I could be way off but I feel like they are this years Ethan Wolf and Daniel Helm.

Reactions: 2 people
I know this is going to sound like blasphemy but I have this weird feeling that Quay will have a impact sooner than Shy.

I could be way off but I feel like they are this years Ethan Wolf and Daniel Helm.
I agree. Tuttle's film is lacking imo. Quay looks like he's a stud.

I think everyone is underrating how good SHY will be by the time he leaves here. He's very athletic for a big man.

I think he could be amazing but he's very raw. However, that is exciting because coach stripling is one of the best dline coaches out there so I have faith he will help Tuttle live up to the 5 star potential

I love the way this kid pushes the offensive line into minus yardage. That will be great for KMac and the DE's.

I think you're off. Not based on talent but because Tuttle is an EE. That's very important at a position like DT.

KMac is ready now, but Shy and Picou be rotation ready by fall. They will see significant playing time as freshmen.

I think you're off. Not based on talent but because Tuttle is an EE. That's very important at a position like DT.

Agreed. EEing as a DT is absolutely huge...especially for a guy like Tuttle IMO. Now, if Picou were an EE as well, I would be more inclined to agree that he would contribute sooner. IMO both are going to be big time though so it all works out in the end.

It's been said by some whom I forget that he is a way undervalued recruit and should turn into a very good player for us. Said he needs to work on his technique some but with good coaching, he should be really good. Strip will take care of that.

Of course he is, he's a 3* committed to us, so he must be an overlooked can't miss guy... I'm mostly just playing, but this same thing is repeated in every single freaking thread of any 3* who commits. Unless he is a small guy from Knoxville strangely enough...

This kid is seriously one of my favorite additions. Like I've said before, during Alabama's run they have been known as a team that is dominant against the run between the tackles. They've been exposes by spread offense and hurry-up offenses.

I didn't see much of OSU v Bama, but OSU absolutely took the Ducks to school between the tackles.

Shy is exactly that. He is a silent worker and I believe stripling won't let him live down to his rating. I don't think he will start this year but by 2016 he will be in the starting lineup.

VN Store

Back