'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

If someone came in here in December before his signing day and said DB was going to be the next Reggie White what would have been the reaction? Nobody has any clue at this stage.

I woulda said "nah, Barnett is a DT all the way." I fully expected him to put on some weight and move inside.

If someone came in here in December before his signing day and said DB was going to be the next Reggie White what would have been the reaction? Nobody has any clue at this stage.

While that is true, Barnett is one of the greatest Vols in longggg history.

The likelihood anyone is on his level for awhile is slim. There is a chance, though.

Reactions: 2 people

The likelihood anyone is on his level for awhile is slim. There is a chance, though.

No disagreement from me there. The odds are we don't see another DB anytime soon, I'm just saying that nobody thought DB was going to be what DB became when they were projecting the class 3 years ago.

In my opinion, DB was/is the best DE pass rusher we've had since Leonard Little. Little was taller & bigger & probably somewhat faster but DB developed into a run stopper as well.

He wasn't just an edge pass rusher his whole entire time spent here. He ran down RB's from behind in just about every single game this season.

In my opinion, DB was/is the best DE pass rusher we've had since Leonard Little. Little was taller & bigger & probably somewhat faster but DB developed into a run stopper as well.

He wasn't just an edge pass rusher his whole entire time spent here. He ran down RB's from behind in just about every single game this season.

They're the same height and Barnett is actually bigger

We probably never thought we would get a DB type of player, until we did. This guy would be a huge get. He has elite written all over him.

I would love for us to get him too but most recruiting services have UT no higher than 4th on his list at this time.

Plus, we're now limited on numbers for scholarships to get people until/unless we drop a few commits.

I would love for us to get him too but most recruiting services have UT no higher than 4th on his list at this time.

Plus, we're now limited on numbers for scholarships to get people until/unless we drop a few commits.

Quit worrying about numbers, nobody knows how many ut can sign, not volquest or 247, only the coaches do and they take and drop whoever they want

Reactions: 3 people
If we somehow land LaBryan Ray and pair him with Matthew Butler, we'll be set for the next 3 years at DE.

These guys have 1st round NFL potential IMO.

If we somehow land LaBryan Ray and pair him with Matthew Butler, we'll be set for the next 3 years at DE.

These guys have 1st round NFL potential IMO.

My understanding was that butler was gonna become a DT. Sooooo...I'm guessing u think that's a bad idea?

My understanding was that butler was gonna become a DT. Sooooo...I'm guessing u think that's a bad idea?

I think he can play DE. He's got similar burst off the edge to Barnett.

I guess we could move him. But I would try him out at DE first.

VN Store

Back