'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

He must have told them he was going to bama but he wouldn't announce till January
Maybe he is a silent commit now. Or maybe updating the status is a matter of selecting among the various status options and someone clicked on the wrong one, and then corrected it.

Last edited:
From Garcia: Labryan Ray, a top 100 DE from Alabama, has worked more inside than outside this week. He has still been very productive (No. 94)

From Corey Bender:
DL Labryan Ray has been dominant in one-on-ones. Exploding and utilizing his athleticism at 6-5, 270. Can't draw them up much better either.

-Per Scout

Last edited:
-Per Scout
Ray's 247 page shows 255 lbs. Scout saying 270 lbs. Maybe 247 info is older and he's bulked up by 15 lbs. If he's added 15 lbs and it's mainly good muscle weight, that's a nice plus concerning being more ready for college level FB.

Last edited:
Ray's 247 page shows 255 lbs. Scout saying 270 lbs. Maybe 247 info is older and he's bulked up by 15 lbs. If he's added 15 lbs and it's mainly good muscle weight, that's a nice plus concerning being more ready for college level FB.

How long you been a Bama fan?

How long you been a Bama fan?
Since the early 1960s. Went to school at Bama in mid 1970s. My Dad's best buddy was a UT alum and his son I were close friends growing up too. We all went to the TSIO games together back in the 60s. I've always respected and liked the Vols, but of course want the Tide to beat 'em. Coach Bryant considered the UT game as the measure of how good his team was. He told his players, "You find out what you're made of when you play Tennessee."

Reactions: 1 person
Since the early 1960s. Went to school at Bama in mid 1970s. My Dad's best buddy was a UT alum and his son I were close friends growing up too. We all went to the TSIO games together back in the 60s. I've always respected and liked the Vols, but of course want the Tide to beat 'em. Coach Bryant considered the UT game as the measure of how good his team was. He told his players, "You find out what you're made of when you play Tennessee."

I remember Bear Bryant. Dirtiest coach in college football history.

Trying to get the #1 player away from Saban is almost as hard as getting the #1 recruit in LA to choose somewhere else besides LSU.

Bama lock people.

Reactions: 3 people
You are going to confuse some of the apologists. They think that it's only me that posts "He Gone"

But you're right........he gone

Not an apologist, but most people on here realizes there is more than one imbecile that posts 'he gone'. We also realize most of you are over 12 even though posts like 'he gone' would suggest otherwise.

Reactions: 5 people
So how're things looking with Ray, do we have a legitimate chance and who all is he planning on visiting before NSD?

Callahan:

Ray is planning to visit Tennessee the weekend of Jan. 13, Alabama the weekend of Jan. 20, Florida the weekend of Jan. 27 and apparently Mississippi State at some point for a midweek visit. I do think the Vols have a legitimate chance — probably a slightly better chance than most are giving them — but it still would be a bit of an upset if he doesn't end up Alabama, considering the Crimson Tide's recent history of landing the top prospects in Alabama that they actually want.

Reactions: 2 people
10 minutes after Akers commits to FSU, you fall all over yourself to get over to this thread to post this crap? Will you be proud of yourself if he does go to Bama? Will you come back here and admit you were wrong if he comes here?

No not happy if he's Bama bound. Do you think we get Ray? I think out of Corker Akers and Ray that Ray was the biggest long shot. If I'm wrong I'll come back to this thread a say I was wrong.

LABRYAN RAY

Defensive Lineman

6-4, 260 pounds

James Clemens High School, Madison, Ala.

One of Tennessee’s longtime top targets, Ray already has visited the Vols four times within the past year and is planning to take one more look at them the weekend of Jan. 13. It will be the first of a few important visits this month for Ray, who’s also planning to travel to Alabama the weekend of Jan. 20 and Florida the weekend of Jan. 27 in addition to taking a midweek visit to Mississippi State. Alabama is widely believed to be the favorite to land Ray, but many close to his recruitment believe Tennessee remains the Crimson Tide’s primary competition for the top-50 defensive lineman.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 4 people
I feel like we're discussing two separate points.

1) of course Bama has more players in the league, it corresponds to their recruiting rankings over the last 8 years. They have they most talented roster in CFB.

2) where you go to college doesn't determine making it to the league. Whether Ray goes to Bama or Toledo, if he is good enough to play in the NFL, he will find his way there regardless of college.

Perhaps we were, can't disagree with any of that.

VN Store

Back