'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

Ryan, do you think we have just a puncher's chance at Ray - like 10% or something, or more of a 35-40% chance? Best guess in this single point in time, of course.

Callahan:

It's hard to play the percentages game with things like that sometimes, so I don't often do it, but I would say somewhere between those two. Maybe a little more than a puncher's chance, but I've continued to hear pretty strongly that Alabama is the favorite.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't. I was giving a new longer example of saying, he gone.✌️

This particular gentleman, which The University of Tennessee Knoxville is seeking to recruit for a sports team, is moving in the opposite direction of which we wish, with an increasing velocity, in regards to his decision about where to play sports in the future.

I regret nothing.

Do you think that we have a chance with Ray still? I know he's on campus this next weekend or is supposed to be.

Brice:

I do; any time the Vols get a guy on campus, their staff is so good and guys like Kahlil McKenzie are so personable that the Vols will have a chance as long as Ray makes it in.

Reactions: 8 people
tennessee’s chances: Average. Alabama is widely believed to be the favorite to land him, but the vols appear to be the crimson tide’s closest competition. He’s scheduled to visit tennessee this weekend.

Reactions: 4 people
How involved is Thig in Ray's recruitment?

Callahan:

He's pretty involved, but he's definitely not the only one involved. The interesting thing about the way Tennessee has recruited Ray — and this is sometimes the case with high-priority targets — is that there's not any one person who seems to be his main recruiter. Walt Wells has been involved. Thigpen handles Alabama, so he's involved. Stripling has been involved, since he's the position coach. Larry Scott even went on an in-home visit with Ray last month, and Butch Jones obviously talks with him. So if you're wondering about the possible impact of a Thigpen departure or something along those lines, I don't think that would be the end of the world because multiple guys are recruiting Ray for the Vols.

Reactions: 8 people
Ray, easily Tennessee’s top remaining priority, will host offensive line quality control assistant Walt Wells on Thursday. With offensive coordinator Mike DeBord leaving for Indiana, Wells, quietly a key recruiter for Tennessee, has been placed on the road with the staff opening.

Wells recruited Ray’s brother to Western Kentucky and has been a valuable asset in Tennessee’s relationship with a number of prospects (Trey Smith, K’Rojhn Calbert) including the Top-100 defensive end from James Clemens (Ala.).
Jesse Simonton

Reactions: 3 people
So, Wells goes on the road as a QC assistant to see our top remaining target, and Mahoney goes on the road to see a RB that is most likely staying instate to play for LSU. Yeah, pretty easy to read the tea leaves with this.

Reactions: 4 people
I had a couple classes in high school with his older brother. I don't have anything else to add but that basically makes me an insider. I do know his sister -in-law is a diehard LSU fan.

So, Wells goes on the road as a QC assistant to see our top remaining target, and Mahoney goes on the road to see a RB that is most likely staying instate to play for LSU. Yeah, pretty easy to read the tea leaves with this.

Ha yeah that was easy to figure out along with G visiting Lovett instead of Ettiene

Probably has a lot more to do with the fact that Wells has a prior relationship with Ray, Besides, why would we send an OL coach to see a DL prospect, unless they have a prior relationship.

Ignont, who’s scheduled to take his official visit to Knoxville next weekend, said he’s also planning to be there this weekend to spend time with Ray, whose high school is located approximately 30 miles from Ignont’s school, and try to convince Ray to join him in playing for the Vols
RC

Reactions: 19 people
Wow!! What a revelation! Do you venture that far out on a limb very often?

I don't think all the negas can fit on that same limb. They are trying though.

panda-falling-out-of-tree-o.gif

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back