'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

And yet Tennessee still has like 20 more player drafted to the NFL than Alabama

50 years ago doesn't really matter as much as the current staff's ability to put guys in the league. No one cares about all time records or how many players went to the league over the entire history of the program. No one cares that we used to be WRU before most of these kids were born. History is for older people whose program isn't good anymore.

Reactions: 2 people
Bama isn't personal anymore recruiting kids. All I hear is "they don't treat you good down there". It's like well we are Bama either take the offer or keep it pushing.

Fans are becoming the same way. It's an expectation to be the best each and every year at this point. It's almost as if some fans don't even pay attention to the team or their performance until something goes wrong. I had some folks that live in Alabama tell me that their fans aren't traveling that well anymore, and their presence at the Iron Bowl was way down compared to previous years.

Of all those that cover the Vols I trust Danny Parker on injuries. He broke the JRM story even said the day surgery was happening. Jones got pissed about it and said he was wrong but it wasn't until after the surguery that it was confirmed he was spot on even down to the day. He doesn't have the same volume of info but when he reports something it's accurate. He said Tuttle wouldn't be ready for the start of the year and might not play at all next season.

JimmyH didn't report it until after Parker did.

I don't like Danny Parker that much. I thought he was a bit of a jerk when I was a Scout subscriber. I don't know how reliable he is on injuries, but it seems pretty bold of him to claim he might not play at all.

I don't like Danny Parker that much. I thought he was a bit of a jerk when I was a Scout subscriber. I don't know how reliable he is on injuries, but it seems pretty bold of him to claim he might not play at all.

He isn't bold at all with his info. That's why I trust him. He can be somewhat of a jerk at times but his info can be trusted IMO.

Very true that the coaches know more about who will be available this year. My ideal roster is probably something like this:

QB - 4
RB - 5
TE - 4
WR - 8
OL - 18
DL - 18
LB - 12
DB - 13
ST - 3

So, to me, you recruit to keep this balance. Some years, you'll be heavier in certain areas, but 20+ seems excessive in any area. No way we would pass on Ray (obviously), so I'm just curious if we would ask someone else to walk at this point. That's all.

there's mine. I think you go a little heavier on the DL, OL, and LB due to higher rates on injuries at those positions and because of this being a "In the trenches" league.

Lol. The exact post you quoted had two reports in it. You have a real issue with comprehension.

The post I quoted was you rambling. Technically, there were 0 reports in your post. You just paraphrased what Danny Parker supposedly said. I brought up Hyams. No comprehension issues on my end. You're just not very bright.

Reactions: 3 people
He's had over 50 players drafted since 2009

That's a good number. A lot of it is due to the level of talent that they recruit more so than 'coaching them up'. But your inference was that any kid that went to Bama would have a shot at the NFL and that's not an accurate take.

Reactions: 1 person
there's mine. I think you go a little heavier on the DL, OL, and LB due to higher rates on injuries at those positions and because of this being a "In the trenches" league.

I think you have to be at least 3 deep, with a spare if possible, at every position. So, 9/10 WRs, 15/16 DBs minimum. The OL doesn't rotate the same as other positions, so taking from there and keeping the DL a little heavy is fine. But think about it - 16 is 4 deep at every position on the DL. If a RS is planned, then taking extra would make sense. Otherwise, too many.

One of you will be right, then you can come back with the OCI style bump. Until then, we getting Ray or nah?

I don't care enough to do that. Just gets old watching the same fools making definitive comments when they are talking out of their backside.

And nothing knew on Ray that hasn't already been discussed.

The post I quoted was you rambling. Technically, there were 0 reports in your post. You just paraphrased what Danny Parker supposedly said. I brought up Hyams. No comprehension issues on my end. You're just not very bright.

This is exactly why your presence here on VN is a detriment to people that want to get info. You state your own opinion as facts.

You see "by all accounts" means "by all accounts". Not just one account. In this case Hubbs is the only account but you want to believe it's "by all accounts". You apparently aren't willing to read any post or report that doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy.

Hubbs says Tuttle is fine while JimmyK and Parker say he isn't. If you want to say that Tuttle is fine "by all accounts" then you are flat out being a liar.

Reactions: 3 people
I think you have to be at least 3 deep, with a spare if possible, at every position. So, 9/10 WRs, 15/16 DBs minimum. The OL doesn't rotate the same as other positions, so taking from there and keeping the DL a little heavy is fine. But think about it - 16 is 4 deep at every position on the DL. If a RS is planned, then taking extra would make sense. Otherwise, too many.

It does look like you are four deep but in reality you are only two deep if you consider that on both lines you would have about half that are freshman or sophomores. In the SEC you really shouldn't be counted on until you are a Junior unless it's an extremely exceptional athlete on both the DL and OL. Whereas at the skill positions you can usually contribute by your sophomore year if not your freshman year. Take Drew Richmond as an example. He just finished his true sophomore year and while he did improve, he struggled mightily. Those guys in the trenches really need two years in the S&G program to be solid contributors. All JMO.

It does look like you are four deep but in reality you are only two deep if you consider that on both lines you would have about half that are freshman or sophomores. In the SEC you really shouldn't be counted on until you are a Junior unless it's an extremely exceptional athlete on both the DL and OL. Whereas at the skill positions you can usually contribute by your sophomore year if not your freshman year. Take Drew Richmond as an example. He just finished his true sophomore year and while he did improve, he struggled mightily. Those guys in the trenches really need two years in the S&G program to be solid contributors. All JMO.

You're right to an extent. But the younger guys should be able to provide depth, just not be relied upon. I think in a perfect world, you take 3 OL every year. And you RS all 3. So, you end up with 5 classes, making 15. The upperclassmen are your starters, your underclassmen are your depth. Similar with DL, although I don't think RS should necessarily be a goal there. Just if needed. You'll typically have more DL declare early also, making RSing counterproductive.

Neither one of you or any of the dudes you mention truly know so can it.

I don't know and am not claiming to know, but what I do know is "all accounts" don't say Tuttle is good to go by fall.

Perhaps dune should have just said "by the only account I choose to believe(Hubbs)" Tuttle is going to fine. Instead he got caught lying.

Reactions: 1 person
You're right to an extent. But the younger guys should be able to provide depth, just not be relied upon. I think in a perfect world, you take 3 OL every year. And you RS all 3. So, you end up with 5 classes, making 15. The upperclassmen are your starters, your underclassmen are your depth. Similar with DL, although I don't think RS should necessarily be a goal there. Just if needed. You'll typically have more DL declare early also, making RSing counterproductive.

All good points. This past season has got me gun shy about DTs and OL and LBs.

giphy.gif

50 years ago doesn't really matter as much as the current staff's ability to put guys in the league. No one cares about all time records or how many players went to the league over the entire history of the program. No one cares that we used to be WRU before most of these kids were born. History is for older people whose program isn't good anymore.

Yep, and in Butch Jones first eligible class we're about to get a bunch drafted.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know who you're hearing that from, but if you think about it some more it shouldn't seem very believable.

How appealing do you think an uncaring, impersonal environment and recruiting approach would be to recruits and their parents?

I can assure you that you've been misinformed, but you don't have to take my word for it:

Four-star DB recaps Alabama official visit

Actually hearing it from kids with offers from Bama. But yeah.....

Reactions: 4 people
He still has a lot of rehab ahead of him, since it was a "dual injury", which means bone and ligament damage.

This is why I think he won't play next year and would be better serve to get back up to 100 percent with strength, conditioning and be in full beast mode.

VN Store

Back