'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

Where you hearing that?

My people, my people talk...

Feels he can't be the big fish at Bama and McElwain can't find hisself out of a wet paper sack in recruiting. True or not, Butch needs to be negatively recruiting Fla with the paying players story (and getting caught) that is floating out there. Can Butch close him?

My concern would be he folds to the pressure in that state of staying in state.

Last edited:

Feels he can't be the big fish at Bama and McElwain can't find hisself out of a wet paper sack in recruiting. True or not, Butch needs to be negatively recruiting Fla with the paying players story (and getting caught) that is floating out there. Can Butch close him?

You do realize that was a fake story that's been debunked by several recruiting sites right? If we try to use that, we look stupid. We are Tennessee, we shouldn't ever have to negative recruit to get someone.

We are Tennessee, we shouldn't ever have to negative recruit to get someone.

Thank you, Governor Romney.

If course we have to negative recruit. There are lots of reasons to reject Florida or Bama or Clempson or anywhere. Failing to point that out is a disservice I think.

Reactions: 4 people
What are the chances we actually land this young man?? Butch has pulled off crazier things.. pray the good Lord above sends the feller to Rocky top.

G B O 🍊

Personally, I'd put landing Ray at about 40%. Bama being ~60%. Yes, I'lll be praying too the Lord sends Ray our way.

I know the Lord works in mysterious ways, and I'm not going to tell anyone what they should pray for, but praying for a recruit to commit to your school seems weird by a lot.

Reactions: 16 people
I know the Lord works in mysterious ways, and I'm not going to tell anyone what they should pray for, but praying for a recruit to commit to your school seems weird by a lot.

I pray for lots of things. I think the Lord concerns himself with other things. If Ray comes to UT I doubt it will be our prayers that did it. Maybe Ray and his family ask for God's guidance and they were pointed toward UT somehow but I doubt the fans prayers will have the effect we hope for in this matter. That being said, pray on fellas.

Reactions: 8 people

Works for me.

you need to get out more. **** happens at least once a week in small town 'Murca.

No doubt..I saw at least 37 drug buys go down one day in Jellico right on the main street, not 200 yards from the police station. It was fascinating...Before you ask, I was waiting on a client who was having outpatient surgery at the hospital there.

Nick Saban moving up his in home is definitely an indication UT is doing a really great job here. A lot of ppl call out Thig but this is where he comes into play. This guy can go in a living room and flat out do it with the best of the best. What many fail to realize is the battle to win these kind of recruits is harder at UT due to the past 10 yrs and the teams you face for them being more successful more recently. Per my sources barring anything changing on Tuesday this will be a signing day pick with either staff not knowing until the moment of truth when Ray announces. Btw Wells is a guy who has it too, and he's a very well needed piece for this staff. I think adding him will boost the OL recruiting too.

Reactions: 14 people
Nick Saban moving up his in home is definitely an indication UT is doing a really great job here. A lot of ppl call out Thig but this is where he comes into play. This guy can go in a living room and flat out do it with the best of the best. What many fail to realize is the battle to win these kind of recruits is harder at UT due to the past 10 yrs and the teams you face for them being more successful more recently. Per my sources barring anything changing on Tuesday this will be a signing day pick with either staff not knowing until the moment of truth when Ray announces. Btw Wells is a guy who has it too, and he's a very well needed piece for this staff. I think adding him will boost the OL recruiting too.

Go VOLS!

Who doesn't realize this? If anything, I'm pretty sure most of us are painfully aware of that fact.

Reactions: 3 people
Man, have to wonder for real if we are actually going to land him. Trey is doing work.

Yep got to give props to several if we land this but the biggest props will go to Wells for setting all this up to be in this situation.

A lot of people can bash recruiting underrated players sometimes but there are those times where taking a guy can lead to a bigger relationship down the line. See Ole Miss taking Treadwells best friend the year before and Nkemdiches brother leading to big coups a year or two later. We may have walked into one here with Wells recruitIng and coaching Rays brother at Western KY a few years ago. Relationships can go a long way

Reactions: 2 people
Do you have reason for that or just reading this articles?

I have a reason I know some people on the staff... I am pretty sure I said it on this board a couple days ago... I'm not claiming to be an insider because I am not but based on what I heard from them... We are in a very good position to get him.

Reactions: 7 people
Yep got to give props to several if we land this but the biggest props will go to Wells for setting all this up to be in this situation.

A lot of people can bash recruiting underrated players sometimes but there are those times where taking a guy can lead to a bigger relationship down the line. See Ole Miss taking Treadwells best friend the year before and Nkemdiches brother leading to big coups a year or two later. We may have walked into one here with Wells recruitIng and coaching Rays brother at Western KY a few years ago. Relationships can go a long way

I don't know how much of an upgrade Wells would be over Mahoney as far as position coach, but I definitely never remember Mahoney recruiting as well as Wells seems to have done this year.

Hopefully Trey talks to Ray some more in these next couple days . Wouldn't that be something , having the #1 OT & the #1 DE in the same class .

Reactions: 7 people

More importantly, never underestimate the all mighty dollar. They flow freely down there in Mississippi :salute::salute:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back