'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

Yep got to give props to several if we land this but the biggest props will go to Wells for setting all this up to be in this situation.

A lot of people can bash recruiting underrated players sometimes but there are those times where taking a guy can lead to a bigger relationship down the line. See Ole Miss taking Treadwells best friend the year before and Nkemdiches brother leading to big coups a year or two later. We may have walked into one here with Wells recruitIng and coaching Rays brother at Western KY a few years ago. Relationships can go a long way

The relationship stuff had little do with Ole Miss success in recruiting at all. The Treadwell situation it might be possible but Nkemdiche bros was *in my best Randy Moss voice Straight Cash Homie

Reactions: 2 people
The relationship stuff had little do with Ole Miss success in recruiting at all. The Treadwell situation it might be possible but Nkemdiche bros was *in my best Randy Moss voice Straight Cash Homie

Laremy Tunsil as well. Ole Rev. Freeze has offered more than prayer candles over the last couple of year to get some big fish in his pond.

Thank you, Governor Romney.

If course we have to negative recruit. There are lots of reasons to reject Florida or Bama or Clempson or anywhere. Failing to point that out is a disservice I think.

Agree. Negative recruiting is part of the game/process. Everyone does it to one degree or another, including Tennessee. Just wanna be credible with the negative recruiting points you're making.....don't make stuff up, just point out shortcomings of other programs and why the player wouldn't be a good fit there, as opposed to why Tennessee is the best place for that player to commit to.

I have a reason I know some people on the staff... I am pretty sure I said it on this board a couple days ago... I'm not claiming to be an insider because I am not but based on what I heard from them... We are in a very good position to get him.

Check his stats .

This surprises you? Why would they ever paint us in a favorable light, I mean the name gator country kinda gives it away no?

Just saw it in twitter and read it, was just hoping for more promising quotes from him I guess. It's the only info out on a free site so far

I'd say if we get Ray #1volfan needs to stop being so negative... Or go back to the Alabama boards

The only time I'm on the bama boards is when I lurk (banned from Tidefans for bleeding orange) after a bama recruited player commits to ut or another school (like ignont... of course they say he's sorry cause we landed him). I also lurk on there when they lose. It's pretty fun to what the evolution of a game thread where they lost. Or what a game thread from UT. The UT/fla game was gold. They were almost as salty we won as some of the posters in this thread are at my ownage of them. True story.

Reactions: 1 person
From GC...free content

Written by
ANDREW SPIVEY, JANUARY 29, 2017, 0 COMMENTS,
Print Friendly
The Florida Gators hosted a dozen official visitors this weekend for the last official visit weekend of the 2017 cycle.

One of those official visitors was defensive end LaBryan Ray (6-4, 260, Madison, AL. James Clemens) who says the visit was a successful one.

“The visit was great,” Ray said of his official visit. “Me and my family had a great time. I’m not going to lie; I enjoyed myself down there this weekend. We all enjoyed it down there.”

Ray was joined in town by many family members and the defensive end says the family liked the visit as well.

“It was good because they treated me well,” he said on how his family liked it. “The people down there are great and they’re passionate about the university.”

The defensive end had two hosts over the weekend including one from the state of Alabama.

“The first night it was Jawaan Taylor and the second night it was Lamical Perine,” Ray said on his host. “He [Perine] was telling me that I can be different and be somebody from Alabama that went to Florida and did great. He pointed that out and said they’re going to be better in the future.”

Defensive line coach Chris Rumph had the chance to sit down with Ray and explain the need for him in Gainesville.

“He said there’s a chance to play early and a lot there,” he said Rumph’s message. “He says that he thinks that I can be a great player for them and that he wants me.”

Head coach Jim McElwain also had the chance to speak with Ray before he left the visit this weekend and the message was simple.

“Coach Mac said that I fit in there and that would play early,” Ray said of McElwain’s message to him. “He was saying that I could be a good player for the university and that he was going to look after me there.”

Now that Ray has finished his visit, he’s done with official visits and he says the Gators improved their chances.

“They helped themselves, it was a great trip, all of my visits were great,” he said. “It was a lot of fun and I definitely enjoyed things. This visit was different for me and it’s going to be a tough choice.”

Florida has one thing helping them out and that’s that Ray has family in the Gainesville area and he says that’s a plus.

“It’s good to have them there,” Ray said of his family there. “I think it would make things easier because you would have someone else there for you to talk too and be around.”

The only thing left for Ray to do now is to make a final decision and he knows when he will let the coaches know of his decision.

“I plan to let the coaches know the night before signing day,” he said. “I’m going to announce at 11:15 or 11:30.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Ray says he will decide between Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee. The feeling I’ve gotten is that this is a Florida/Alabama battle heading into signing day.

From GC...free content

Written by
Print Friendly
The Florida Gators hosted a dozen official visitors this weekend for the last official visit weekend of the 2017 cycle.

One of those official visitors was defensive end LaBryan Ray (6-4, 260, Madison, AL. James Clemens) who says the visit was a successful one.

“The visit was great,” Ray said of his official visit. “Me and my family had a great time. I’m not going to lie; I enjoyed myself down there this weekend. We all enjoyed it down there.”

Ray was joined in town by many family members and the defensive end says the family liked the visit as well.

“It was good because they treated me well,” he said on how his family liked it. “The people down there are great and they’re passionate about the university.”

The defensive end had two hosts over the weekend including one from the state of Alabama.

“The first night it was Jawaan Taylor and the second night it was Lamical Perine,” Ray said on his host. “He [Perine] was telling me that I can be different and be somebody from Alabama that went to Florida and did great. He pointed that out and said they’re going to be better in the future.”

Defensive line coach Chris Rumph had the chance to sit down with Ray and explain the need for him in Gainesville.

“He said there’s a chance to play early and a lot there,” he said Rumph’s message. “He says that he thinks that I can be a great player for them and that he wants me.”

Head coach Jim McElwain also had the chance to speak with Ray before he left the visit this weekend and the message was simple.

“Coach Mac said that I fit in there and that would play early,” Ray said of McElwain’s message to him. “He was saying that I could be a good player for the university and that he was going to look after me there.”

Now that Ray has finished his visit, he’s done with official visits and he says the Gators improved their chances.

“They helped themselves, it was a great trip, all of my visits were great,” he said. “It was a lot of fun and I definitely enjoyed things. This visit was different for me and it’s going to be a tough choice.”

Florida has one thing helping them out and that’s that Ray has family in the Gainesville area and he says that’s a plus.

“It’s good to have them there,” Ray said of his family there. “I think it would make things easier because you would have someone else there for you to talk too and be around.”

The only thing left for Ray to do now is to make a final decision and he knows when he will let the coaches know of his decision.

“I plan to let the coaches know the night before signing day,” he said. “I’m going to announce at 11:15 or 11:30.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Ray says he will decide between Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee. The feeling I’ve gotten is that this is a Florida/Alabama battle heading into signing day.
I'm shocked that you would have fla info.....

Reactions: 7 people
His dad didn't go with him though right? So he went to visit family in Florida is what I'm thinking here. Didn't say anything overly positive just typical "recruit speak". Don't see Florida as a threat

From GC...free content

Written by
Print Friendly

GC trying to get some clicks

I'm shocked that you would have fla info.....

Great addition to this conversation. Seriously, great addition. I posted relevant recruiting info.

I have UT season tickets every year, I live in Knoxville, my wife works for UT, and several people have met me and/or bought tickets from me. These attacks every time I post are hilarious

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back