'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

Maybe Pouncey the WR from FL gets the spot if we miss. His commitment ceremony is conveniently right after Ray's.

Maybe Pouncey the WR from FL gets the spot if we miss. His commitment ceremony is conveniently right after Ray's.

I think it's been said he'll notify the coaches the night before. We should know what it is by how other dominoes fall IMO.

Butch should've pursued Conliffe really hard because of the little possibility of Ray signing with Tennessee.

Perhaps Jones has a little better of an understanding of exactly what the possibility is. If not, then I agree with BV that Jones has gambled big and screwed the pooch here.

Reactions: 7 people
Also a good point. Lots of dominoes to fall in the next day. Should be an eventful NSD like last year at least.

I agree. I kind of would perfer Pouncey over Jones. I think the staff likes Pouncey better. Jones is looking else whereand I dont think he is in this class

Also a good point. Lots of dominoes to fall in the next day. Should be an eventful NSD like last year at least.

It sounds like the opposite to me and thats what Im trying to find out all our options. There has to be some drama some where because as of right now I feel its going to be pretty boring.

So here is to landing Ray so we can call it a day

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It sounds like the opposite to me and thats what Im trying to find out all our options. There has to be some drama some where because as of right now I feel its going to be pretty boring.

So here is to landing Ray and so we can call it a day

Actually I think there is still some suspense out there for us. But I think at the end of the day we will have a solid class

Reactions: 1 person

So here is to landing Ray so we can call it a day

Possibly adding a DE and/or a WR and/or losing 1 or 2 WR's. Seems like there is drama to be had in all of that to me.

Callahan said if he had to put his CB in right now, it would go to Alabama, but that some people close to UT still have optimism so he is going to wait until tonight/tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 people
I have no idea what the coaches know, but it concerns me that we have some other solid players that might want in and we will not let them since we are awaiting Ray's decision. We need Conliffe and Pouncey's offer list is very impressive. I'm afraid if we miss on Ray, then we also missed on the chance of making the class better with Conliffe and Pouncey too.

But I still believe Butch has somebody in his pocket. He knows how important it is to make a splash on NSD.

I have no idea what the coaches know, but it concerns me that we have some other solid players that might want in and we will not let them since we are awaiting Ray's decision. We need Conliffe and Pouncey's offer list is very impressive. I'm afraid if we miss on Ray, then we also missed on the chance of making the class better with Conliffe and Pouncey too.

But I still believe Butch has somebody in his pocket. He knows how important it is to make a splash on NSD.

Agree and Jones hasn't disappointed in recruiting, so I would be surprised if he went all in on Ray while letting Conliffe go without being pretty darn confident that he would land him. I'll continue to believe in Jones (recruiting wise) until he proves us wrong.

Waiting a bit longer to make my pick. If I had to make one right now, it probably would be Alabama. But some sources close to Tennessee's program still are holding out a little bit of hope that the Vols might be able to pull off the major upset, so I'm not ready to make my pick just yet.
-Callahan

There is the post

Reactions: 3 people
Callahan doesn't wanna CB to bama cause he doesn't want to be wrong

Doesn't wanna CB to TN cause it would clearly steal the kids moment

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back