'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

per Callahan:
Vols didn't really have a spot for Ray. They were just willing to do whatever was necessary to squeeze in Ray, which is why they haven't gone all-out for Pouncey or Conliffe

That does not even make sense lol, if you do not have a spot of course you are not "going all-our for them" or anyone.

The hardest thing about recruiting is most of the time recruits tell other recruits and coaches what they want to hear to avoid any awkwardness or uncomfortableness on their visits. I am sure Ray told everyone at TN that we have a great shot and even the coaching staff but in reality knew he was Bama bound. It also makes is hard for our insiders because their sources are just coaches who have been told what they want to hear. Recruits don't want a bad time on a visit therefore tell all the players good things etc. This has happened with Higgins, Akers and now Ray. It just seems to me that most recruits now a days are telling all schools and staffs what they want to hear and announce on signing day so they don't have to deal with the face to face confrontations about misleadings... just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 person
Pictures from the players own instagram accounts of them with brand new cars and thousands in cash is just speculation. Okay

Yes speculation....again any proof? And what makes your suggestion even dumber is that you are suggesting they paid this kid. This kid isn't a pay for play kind of kid and neither is his family. Just comes off as butthurt. I am upset with it too, but we didn't lose him because he was paid.

I'll wallow after our class has inked the page. As of now, nobody really knows if he verbaled or not. Akers told our players he was coming. Kids lie. Maybe he is trolling. People can speculate and state the obvious but recruiting is not always obvious. Tomorrow will be fun regardless, at least I choose to look at it that way. The rest of you can carry on with your miserable, negative views on life.

Absolutely. And I'll cheer for the ones we have rather than moan and complain about the ones we don't have.

And remember The Kongbo.

Reactions: 3 people
Guys I know you think you are hearing things but I haven't heard anything yet and the coaches will not leak anything no matter where this kid goes....

Yes speculation....again any proof? And what makes your suggestion even dumber is that you are suggesting they paid this kid. This kid isn't a pay for play kind of kid and neither is his family. Just comes off as butthurt. I am upset with it too, but we didn't lose him because he was paid.

Never said it about Ray. Just said it about Bama in general. But again, you obviously don't care about the truth

I am sure we are cheating, everyone cheats. But we are not doing what Bama does, there isn't any question about that. Our guys aren't driving G Wagons and Chargers. That's a fact. If they were I guarantee you we wouldn't be finishing ranked 20th tomorrow

I agree with the cheating And I will add competing and winning 'ships will attract elite talent. MCBs will give 20th ish ranked classes

Ok on the cheating thing.

1. No need with this guy. Alabama kid, Alabama fan and they gave th full push for him. Plus, he seems a quality guy.

2. For people that don't think they ever cheat, are you f***ing serious? Have you ever been around a successful institution like this? Or any of them, including us?
Or have ever stepped outside into the real world?
Even if the school isn't ok with it, boosters really don't care.

3. It happens everywhere. The reason people get more upset with Bama is because they can push it way further than the rest of the SEC.
We have Bag Man, remember Bray?
They just carry smaller bags and get in trouble if word gets out.

With that said, I still don't think that was the case with Ray. And I wish him well.. especially in the NFL after he leaves Alabama.
Congratulations Tidal Surge

Reactions: 2 people

1. No need with this guy. Alabama kid, Alabama fan and they gave th full push for him. Plus, he seems a quality guy.

2. For people that don't think they ever cheat, are you f***ing serious? Have you ever been around a successful institution like this? Or any of them, including us?

3. It happens everywhere. The reason people get more upset with Bama is because they can push it way further than the rest of the SEC.

With that said, I still don't think that was the case with Ray. And I wish him well.. especially in the NFL after he leaves Alabama.

I agree. Again, people like Rucker would immediately speak up about it if one of our players showed up in a BMW. Let alone if it were multiple guys like at Bama. I'm sure we aren't clean, but we aren't anywhere close to what Bama is doing and that is obvious

Reactions: 3 people

This is the wisest thing you've ever posted. I must be wearing off on you.

But but the NCAA has no proof!!!

NCAA is a joke. I wonder if they (the NCAA) is getting slipped some money by them? :detective:

The president of the NCAA and Nick Saban are buddies. Emmert hired Saban at LSU and eventually made him the highest paid coach in the NCAA. Is no secret why Bama has managed to escape the wraith of the NCAA for the past half decade or so.

Reactions: 2 people
Taking commits early wasn't the problem. Not culling them when the time came was the issue

Either way, the idea that Callahan put forth, that we really didn't have room but were gonna find a way to fit Ray in at the 11th hour......strategy seems a bit odd. And that's not even mentioning Conliffe and Pouncey. It's not like this class is chock full of elite 4 and 5 star players....we got 5 of those and 23 3 stars. We better have a ton of diamonds in the rough. I think this class has potential, but it definitely falls short of expectations imo.

I'll wallow after our class has inked the page. As of now, nobody really knows if he verbaled or not. Akers told our players he was coming. Kids lie. Maybe he is trolling. People can speculate and state the obvious but recruiting is not always obvious. Tomorrow will be fun regardless, at least I choose to look at it that way. The rest of you can carry on with your miserable, negative views on life.

Life is good outside UT football. It's been negative for a while now. Losing and coming up short.....again doesn't bring alot of joy.....maybe to you. Also we don't compare TN football to what Dooley did here. CBJ has had enough time and had 2 opportunities to make it to ATL and failed and many fans have lost faith that he can take us higher and keep us there for most part Now I will say the biggest problem has always started in the administration. They have been more committed in taking ppls $ and bldg than investing in ppl. Maybe just maybe all the gets fixed up top

I do not think case with Ray either, but like Bass said just the fact they are so over the top with that they can even post pics on Instagram and not get in trouble.

VN Store

Back