'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

I do not think case with Ray either, but like Bass said just the fact they are so over the top with that they can even post pics on Instagram and not get in trouble.

Well, when you used to hang out everyday with the guy now responsible for punishing you,...
Luck has a way of being on your side.

Reactions: 1 person

giphy.gif

The number of "Tennessee" fans that are giddy about us not getting Ray is nauseating.

Nobody is giddy about it. Apparently, you guys can't comprehend the difference in stating a fact and wishing for failure. It's a fact that a class that in all likelihood will finish somewhere in the 20s is not championship level recruiting for a school like Tennessee.

I want Butch to succeed, but this is his 5th year here and this class will finish similar to his first in which he had only a little over month to recruit. That's troublesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Still no word from VQ huh?

Hubbs

So let's set the table for tomorrow. The headliner will be LaBryan Ray and that won't happen till 12:40 eastern time. At this point, we know that Ray spoke with both Alabama and Tennessee multiple times today. Florida continues to swing there, but this is a two team race in our opinion. We just don't see Ray getting out of the state of Alabama even though Tennessee has continued to put the full court press on and at least four different Vol assistants spoke with Ray on Monday. It will clearly be a stunner if it's not the Crimson Tide.

Outside of that, we will be watching Jordan Murphy and Jacquez Jones early in the morning with both taking visits the last several weeks. Murphy took the secret trip to Oxford last weekend and while Tennessee has had steady dialogue with him, it's still worth watching and I wouldn't feel safe until that LOI comes across the fax or e-mail. Then there is Jones who has seen Central Florida and South Florida sandwiched around his official visit to Tennessee. If anything should go on with either of those two, then Tennessee would give Jordan Pouncey a call. Pouncey loved his visit to Knoxville and we believe wants to be a part of this class. It's going to boil down to the numbers and barring a change with Jones or Murphy, he will be on the outside looking in. The positive for Pouncey is his announcement isn't scheduled till the early afternoon hours which gives Tennessee some wiggle room.

Outside of that, expect most everything to happen by lunch and for it to be an anti-climatic day. The hay is in the barn and NSD won't feel like NSD to most of you that have followed the drama over the years. I know this isn't the type of post you want to see, but I wanted to give you guys a look at what tomorrow will look like

Reactions: 5 people
Hubbs

So let's set the table for tomorrow. The headliner will be LaBryan Ray and that won't happen till 12:40 eastern time. At this point, we know that Ray spoke with both Alabama and Tennessee multiple times today. Florida continues to swing there, but this is a two team race in our opinion. We just don't see Ray getting out of the state of Alabama even though Tennessee has continued to put the full court press on and at least four different Vol assistants spoke with Ray on Monday. It will clearly be a stunner if it's not the Crimson Tide.

Outside of that, we will be watching Jordan Murphy and Jacquez Jones early in the morning with both taking visits the last several weeks. Murphy took the secret trip to Oxford last weekend and while Tennessee has had steady dialogue with him, it's still worth watching and I wouldn't feel safe until that LOI comes across the fax or e-mail. Then there is Jones who has seen Central Florida and South Florida sandwiched around his official visit to Tennessee. If anything should go on with either of those two, then Tennessee would give Jordan Pouncey a call. Pouncey loved his visit to Knoxville and we believe wants to be a part of this class. It's going to boil down to the numbers and barring a change with Jones or Murphy, he will be on the outside looking in. The positive for Pouncey is his announcement isn't scheduled till the early afternoon hours which gives Tennessee some wiggle room.

Outside of that, expect most everything to happen by lunch and for it to be an anti-climatic day. The hay is in the barn and NSD won't feel like NSD to most of you that have followed the drama over the years. I know this isn't the type of post you want to see, but I wanted to give you guys a look at what tomorrow will look like

So what Hubbs is saying is that we should get our popcorn ready

The bluest of fonts

VN Store

Back