'17 TN ATH Jacoby Stevens (LSU commit)

Should also be worth mentioning that we lead for a higher ranked safety in Gibbs. And we got Nigel Warrior in the 2016 class.

While I'd hate to miss on a top in-state player like Jacoby, if we get Gibbs, and I think we will, it's all good at the end of the day.

Reactions: 1 person
Stevens will be in Knoxville Friday as they have a scrimmage there.

Current Top 5
UGA
LSU
TN
FSU
FLA

And he added, after he commits on July 19, his only OV will be to the school he chooses. He will shut down recruiting.

Just win baby.

Then recruiting will take care of itself.

2016 Vols will likely be the most talented team Butch Jones ever coaches. He needs to deliver with this squad. PERIOD.

Last edited:
Agenda much?

I sure didn't mean it that way. I really don't think instate recruiting is going well right now. It may get better by the end I hope. I get your dig at me. I have said the same of you. I think the staff is doing all they can. I'm not blaming them. I have no anti butch agenda.

You have seriously started taking this recruiting stuff way too seriously. Especially for this time of year. You used to be a much more enjoyable read....now it's like reading Catbone part 2.

Harsh..look why is everybody slamming me for talking about how recruiting is not going great right now? It's not. I'm not trying to get attention by playing a neurotic little dweeb. This was supposed to be, according to a lot of you guys, one of our best ever classes. A barely top 10 or worse class is a major disappointment. I dont see why it is such a big deal to say that. Once again, I'm not blaming the coaching staff, nobody outworks these guys. It is just a weird situation...at this point. Hopefully you guys are right, and it turns around big time.

Reactions: 2 people
Harsh..look why is everybody slamming me for talking about how recruiting is not going great right now? It's not. I'm not trying to get attention by playing a neurotic little dweeb. This was supposed to be, according to a lot of you guys, one of our best ever classes. A barely top 10 or worse class is a major disappointment. I dont see why it is such a big deal to say that. Once again, I'm not
blaming the coaching staff, nobody outworks
these guys. It is just a weird situation...at this point. Hopefully you guys are right, and it turns around big time.
100% agree. We both have been following recruiting for a long time on here, and I'm extremely let down so far. Like you said many on here said this will be a BEAST class. So far.... Nah. And yes I know it's early.

100% agree. We both have been following recruiting for a long time on here, and I'm extremely let down so far. Like you said many on here said this will be a BEAST class. So far.... Nah. And yes I know it's early.

Thanks for agreeing with me..I'm starting to feel like Breaker Morant every time I post an honest comment.

I recall when they said "Tennessee will never beat Bear again".......

Definitely gotta beat Fla and GA cause they probably will run the table on everyone else in the East just as Tennessee should.

Fla is not running any kind of table. Uga we dont really know.

Harsh..look why is everybody slamming me for talking about how recruiting is not going great right now? It's not. I'm not trying to get attention by playing a neurotic little dweeb. This was supposed to be, according to a lot of you guys, one of our best ever classes. A barely top 10 or worse class is a major disappointment. I dont see why it is such a big deal to say that. Once again, I'm not blaming the coaching staff, nobody outworks these guys. It is just a weird situation...at this point. Hopefully you guys are right, and it turns around big time.

It.

Is.

May.

Reactions: 5 people
It's fair to say in-state recruiting isn't going great right now. We've watched several top prospects commit elsewhere, and many others are looking elsewhere as well.

But I don't really think it's that big of a deal because of the types of players that are coming out of TN this year, though. We took a ton of athletes and skill guys last cycle. Lots of these guys look like clones of each other. We can't take 6 guys who are 6'2", 210.

Besides, like everyone else is saying, win in the fall and the croots will come no matter what.

It's fair to say in-state recruiting isn't going great right now. We've watched several top prospects commit elsewhere, and many others are looking elsewhere as well.

But I don't really think it's that big of a deal because of the types of players that are coming out of TN this year, though. We took a ton of athletes and skill guys last cycle. Lots of these guys look like clones of each other. We can't take 6 guys who are 6'2", 210.

Besides, like everyone else is saying, win in the fall and the croots will come no matter what.

I would be curious to hear which ones we were truly after that committed elsewhere.

Last edited:
I admit I'm a little concerned about this class. I'm not in freak out mode because even if we don't get all of the in state guys we want, I still think we will finish with a strong class as long as the product on the field is what we expect it will be.

I guess it's a little disappointing that we don't have any of the big-time in state guys on board yet. But it isn't just that, it's the fact that, at least from my perception, a lot of those guys don't seem to have a UT vibe. In the past couple of years, even if the recruiting wasn't where we wanted it to be in May, there were guys like KMac that we knew were locks, so we weren't sweating it. I would feel better if there were a couple of guys like that. Hopefully that happens soon, but we may have to wait to see how the season is going.

Again, not panicked, but I'm a little un-easy. This coming from a sunshine pumper.

VN Store

Back