'17 TN ATH Jacoby Stevens (LSU commit)

Reactions: 11 people
And I thought Aggie fans had unrealistic expectations.

If a lot of cards fall our way, we could be in the conversation, but to suggest that not winning the NC constitutes a failure is just asinine.

Look, I'm not guaranteeing a National Title. Nor did I say we would win one this year. I will just be disappointed, because this is the best shot we've had to win one in a while. I never said it would be a failure if we didn't win one.

Not even Bama should expect a damn title. Expecting to get to ATL is one thing that I agree with, but getting to the championship game is a different animal.

Pettiness isn't a good look for CFB coaches. See A&M's WR coach

I'm not talking about "sub tweeting" a recruit on Twitter.

I'm saying be very upfront and honest with the kid. If all he's gonna do is negative recruit us every chance he gets, he's not welcome to do it on our campus.

How is that petty?

Reactions: 6 people

I'm saying be very upfront and honest with the kid. If all he's gonna do is negative recruit us every chance he gets, he's not welcome to do it on our campus.

How is that petty?

Exactly...that's like inviting a disease in into your body. Why the heck would you do that? It is stupid to let this jerk anywhere near somethin like this.

How is that petty?

Assuming banning a kid from campus is even possible, it is very petty unless he's done something much, much worse than trying to get other recruits to go to the same school as him. Plus, it closes the door on any chance of changing his mind and would create problems with the kid's school, teammates, friends, etc. Do you really expect the coaches to tell Knox Catholic that they can have a scrimmage on campus but Rodgers isn't allowed?

Suggesting to do that is just asinine. You realize Drew Richmond was once doing a similar thing trying to recruit kids to go to Ole Miss with him while he was VISITING UT. Keeping an open door policy with him turned out pretty well for us in the end.

Reactions: 5 people
Assuming banning a kid from campus is even possible, it is very petty unless he's done something much, much worse than trying to get other recruits to go to the same school as him. Plus, it closes the door on any chance of changing his mind and would create problems with the kid's school, teammates, friends, etc. Do you really expect the coaches to tell Knox Catholic that they can have a scrimmage on campus but Rodgers isn't allowed?

Suggesting to do that is just asinine. You realize Drew Richmond was once doing a similar thing trying to recruit kids to go to Ole Miss with him while he was VISITING UT. Keeping an open door policy with him turned out pretty well for us in the end.

He looks like a punk

Recruits are sent home from various campuses all the time, are they not?

What's so different from precluding them from ever stepping foot?

I doubt UT & Jones would ever do it. And yes, I agree it would not be a good look.

That's not vindictive..that's just wisdom.
Wisdom: the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement

Vindictive: having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge.

Calling a 17 year old a jerk and suggesting he be barred from an on campus event with his team because he chose another school and wants good recruits to join him seems more like the latter than the former.

Also..I would appreciate it if you would quit making this personal.
You mean personal like calling a teenager a jerk and equating him to a pathogen? I think the crow may be calling the raven black here...

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back