'17 TN ATH Jacoby Stevens (LSU commit)

I admit I'm a little concerned about this class. I'm not in freak out mode because even if we don't get all of the in state guys we want, I still think we will finish with a strong class as long as the product on the field is what we expect it will be.

I guess it's a little disappointing that we don't have any of the big-time in state guys on board yet. But it isn't just that, it's the fact that, at least from my perception, a lot of those guys don't seem to have a UT vibe. In the past couple of years, even if the recruiting wasn't where we wanted it to be in May, there were guys like KMac that we knew were locks, so we weren't sweating it. I would feel better if there were a couple of guys like that. Hopefully that happens soon, but we may have to wait to see how the season is going.

Again, not panicked, but I'm a little un-easy. This coming from a sunshine pumper.

There are. 5 stars Tee Higgins and DeAngelo Gibbs.

I think almost everyone will be shocked if we don't land them.

How did you get this out of what I wrote? Read between the TWO lines much?

It sounded like you agreed that he must "at least" win the East. I assumed consequences. So if he doesn't "at least win the East" what will happen to him? I honestly think there are a lot of people with outlandish expectations of minimum performance levels. Those other teams are trying pretty hard too. They should be competing for the championship but one injury or one bad bounce can dictate the ultimate winner.

Reactions: 4 people
Vols' target @jacobystevens7 with the orange gloves as Oakland & Catholic get set 2 scrimmage in UT's indoor complex

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: 6 people
It sounded like you agreed that he must "at least" win the East. I assumed consequences. So if he doesn't "at least win the East" what will happen to him? I honestly think there are a lot of people with outlandish expectations of minimum performance levels. Those other teams are trying pretty hard too. They should be competing for the championship but one injury or one bad bounce can dictate the ultimate winner.

I got ya.. I guess I meant if we don't win the East it would be a let down, some (not necessarily me) might say the season would be a failure.. I suppose we could still have a good season and not win the East.. I do not, however, think it should cost Butch his job..

Reactions: 1 person
If we miss on a few in state talents so be it. We tend to pluck some pretty good players out of GA, FL, SC, and so on. Can't get them all when they all want immediate playing time.

If we go 11-1, we should win the East. If not, I would still be extremely happy. So would anyone else if you had told them in 2013 that would happen.

If we go 11-1, we should win the East. If not, I would still be extremely happy. So would anyone else if you had told them in 2013 that would happen.

11-1 without winning the east would mean we beat Alabama. I'd be good with that season. If we beat Florida I'd be ecstatic over that season.

VN Store

Back