'17 TN ATH Jacoby Stevens (LSU commit)

Kirby took him around the area to find a church home on his trip. That impressed him. That's a huge deal to JaCoby.

I'm so skeptical of moves like that. Stevens said in an interview that he got a call from their DC as he was leaving a Bible study just prior to his trip to Athens.

Kirby may have taken him around to find a church but Kirby's language would make Kevin O'Neil blush. I have heard him personally.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh well..I wrote Stevens off a long time ago, so this is nothing new to me. Recruiting sucks this year so far. At least in contrast to what it was supposed to be. If they can just pull together a good class like last years by signing day, it will surprise me.

Oh well..I wrote Stevens off a long time ago, so this is nothing new to me. Recruiting sucks this year so far. At least in contrast to what it was supposed to be. If they can just pull together a good class like last years by signing day, it will surprise me.

Why? Why would Coach Jones and co. doing exactly what they've done here every year so far surprise you? They have assembled the most talented team we're about to field in more than a decade maybe, and it would surprise you if they were able to do it again?

I understand the concern, but if there's one thing Jones and staff have proven themselves time and time and time and time again in, it's that they can recruit elite level talent year in and year out. If we win big time on the field this year, it will just get that much better. Let's focus on the upcoming season first and go from there. :)

Reactions: 6 people
It sounds like Georgia has some momentum with Stevens, but none of these kids are "reeled in" until they actually sign...especially if Ole Mi$$ is getting involved. Georgia is selling early playing time for certain positions. Safety is one such position. Mauger and Sanders will likely start, but after those two the depth chart isn't great. Clemson is always a threat because they have a solid coaching staff and really nice facilities.

Don't forget....you also get to wear a paw on the side of your helmet if you go to Clemson. I've heard rumor (can't verify though) that they even let you say grrrrrrrr.

Reactions: 4 people
It's out on Bleacher Report this (Sat) morning that Stevens is announcing his committment choice on Jul 19. He, Stevens, is making another quick round of visits before announcing his decision........but, UT was not mentioned among the schools he wants to see again.

We are loaded with young secondary players.He might have to sit a while if he comes here.I want him to come to UT but it won't make or break this class.If a kid isn't all Vol and don't want to play at UT so be it.I would rather him go to LSU than Ga.though.

Reactions: 1 person
Whether you want to believe it or not, he likes Tennessee but he doesn't want to be there. Simple as that.

Whether you want to believe it or not, he likes Tennessee but he doesn't want to be there. Simple as that.

This. He has no feels for the Vols. Probably respects Butch and company but doesn't want to be a Vol. He grew up during the worst times of UT football in the last 50 years and he can't get the stank out. Shame he can't look forward instead of backwards.

Since Stevens is dead and gone why don't we treat him like Jalen Ramsey. We didn't get him and that didn't keep us from getting better...

Just sayin'

Sometimes everyone knows the kid ain't gonna pick us cept the kid himself...see Drew Richmond.

Just sayin'

Reactions: 2 people
I really don't feel like this kid ever really wanted to come to UT. Just keeping us in his top schools to keep people off his back. A lot like Jalen Ramsey...just wanted to get out of the state.

I really don't feel like this kid ever really wanted to come to UT. Just keeping us in his top schools to keep people off his back. A lot like Jalen Ramsey...just wanted to get out of the state.

Not really. I think the minute we hired Shoop we were 50/50 with LSU. He fell in love with UGA after that.

When Tennessee starts winning big games and SEC championships I believe that some of the instate kids will feel differently. It's funny because where I live in SC some of the highly touted kids would feel they were being rude or something if they didn't go to Clemson or USC.

VN Store

Back