'18 TN OL Tanner Antonutti (UT signee)

Yeah, I'm lost as to how they could have possibly gotten D1 scholarships with that truck load of stupid social media posts.... How many offers did you get?

My guess is they're going duck hunting together. They became buddies on the football camp trail and hunting ducks is a passion they share. You don't have to hate the guy on the other team. You don't have to sing stupid songs and record them either, but..... here we are.

I think there is a whole lot of unproductive thought processing going on in this thread.:)

If only we had a bowl to go to.....

Yeah we want a team full of players that sings f##k the team that they play for😵

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I'm lost as to how they could have possibly gotten D1 scholarships with that truck load of stupid social media posts.... How many offers did you get?

Probably as many as you. Unless you’re claiming you’re another anonymous internet sports legend that received 5 scholarships from every college in the nation. Besides, being able to play a sport doesn’t give someone a moral platform to proclaim whether someone is right or wrong. Life gives you those answers.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not saying he should be released. My guess is this gets taken care of in the spring on the practice field. Seriously doubt he sees any meaningful playing time during his career here. He will be recruited over quickly. I'm sure throwing your team under they busy and saying f Tennessee is a real good way to win over fans, coaches, and teammates, especially when your doing it with a commit to a rival school.

He’s a project anyway. Whatever he attained was going to be EARNED. If he does so, we’ll all end up happy with it. Don’t see how singing a bar from a song is “throwing your team under they busy” :wink2: Back in the day, Carl Pickens in the middle of beasting out in his final season for the Vols, did an interview with Sport magazine and ridiculed his OC Fulmer and fellow teammates. Think he has to buy his own drink in Knoxville? FOOTBALL dummies!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Yeah we want a team full of players that sings f##k the team that they play for😵

I thought it was just the one. There's a whole team of them singing that?

I imagine players have said worse about coaches during conditioning. I'd bet on it.

I miss Vols like Al Wilson... No nonsense.

Far as we know. Think he ever said “F Leonard Little! Why is he at MLB over me? He’s a DE!”, after a cold one with a buddy? Good thing they didn’t have Snapchat. :)

He’s a project anyway. Whatever he attained was going to be EARNED. If he does so, we’ll all end up happy with it. Don’t see singing a bar from a song is “throwing your team under they busy” :wink2: Back in the day, Carl Pickens in the middle of beasting out in his final season for the Vols, did an interview with Sport magazine and ridiculed his OC Fulmer and fellow teammates. Think he has to buy his own drink in Knoxville? FOOTBALL dummies!

It's should have said under the bus, not sure why autocorrect caught me there. Singing f Tennessee is throwing his school, program, community, future coaches all under the bus. Especially doing it with the enemy. If you don't think that will ring a bell with all the aforementioned, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Also, there is a huge difference in insulting your own family and cohorting with the enemy. I must have missed those bars where Cade said F Georgia.

Probably as many as you. Unless you’re claiming you’re another anonymous internet sports legend that received 5 scholarships from every college in the nation. Besides, being able to play a sport doesn’t give someone a moral platform to proclaim whether someone is right or wrong. Life gives you those answers.

What is that you do in life then? I mean, besides stalking teenage football players on social media and message boards?

I thought it was just the one. There's a whole team of them singing that?

I imagine players have said worse about coaches during conditioning. I'd bet on it.

You are implying it is no big deal. That's your opinion. My opinion is that #1- if your decision making process is that poor as to do something like this and post it, that's a big red flag. #2-if you truly feel that way,why did you sign? Either way what you assume as no big deal, to others is.

It's should have said under the bus, not sure why autocorrect caught me there. Singing f Tennessee is throwing his school, program, community, future coaches all under the bus. Especially doing it with the enemy. If you don't think that will ring a bell with all the aforementioned, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Also, there is a huge difference in insulting your own family and cohorting with the enemy. I must have missed those bars where Cade said F Georgia.

Where did you listen to the whole song? iTunes? :)

not a single person here knows the context of the video, which by the way, is a private snapchat which is meant to be sent around through friends. It's obvious someone somehow recorded the snapchat video and uploaded it to twitter, either out of spite or sheer creepiness. Could very well of been a joke they produced and sent to a group of other recruits or individuals in the recruiting world, but sure, let's go ahead and get the pitchforks ready to crucify a 17 year old for singing essentially a Weird Al song that happens to jokingly dump on the entire SEC & TN

Reactions: 8 people
You are implying it is no big deal. That's your opinion. My opinion is that #1- if your decision making process is that poor as to do something like this and post it, that's a big red flag. #2-if you truly feel that way,why did you sign? Either way what you assume as no big deal, to others is.

Tanner didn’t post it. :hmm:

Good question. It would depend on if there's an ethics clause in the NLI. I mean I think I recall recruits being cut loose after signing because of legal trouble. Let's be honest here, if he were a highly ranked, sought after recruit, he would be safe, but those marginal players don't have that equity and should be careful as they are expendable. Problem with this scenario is how the other team members look at this. If they take it the way many on here do, my guess is he's already lost the trust factor of some of the current Vols and he may find it a tough row to hoe.

The fact he was with Cade will not sit too well with some current players.

Me in Neyland next year

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=kQ2bY__amkg[/youtube]

edit: idk how to get it to show but whatever

It's possible that Tanner is merely a naive, impressionable kid, but this won't set well with guys on campus, and Imma bet he gets the Drae Bowles treatment when he lands on the Hill.

We'll see how mentally tough he is based on whether he makes it thru spring ball.

My confusion with this is the song they are singing is a Bama locker room song.

So a UGA and UT commit singing a Bama locker room song.

Very weird.

I have always loved that song, but never understood why 'bama would co-opt it as a sing along. I get the group is named "Alabama", but the song itself is literally an ode to TN.

Reactions: 6 people
It's aight eveyone. Tanner has been arrested, tried, and executed for his crimes. Continue on with your other activities. That is all.

not a single person here knows the context of the video, which by the way, is a private snapchat which is meant to be sent around through friends. It's obvious someone somehow recorded the snapchat video and uploaded it to twitter, either out of spite or sheer creepiness. Could very well of been a joke they produced and sent to a group of other recruits or individuals in the recruiting world, but sure, let's go ahead and get the pitchforks ready to crucify a 17 year old for singing essentially a Weird Al song that happens to jokingly dump on the entire SEC & TN

I like the way you think. Specially since you don’t skip the THINKING part. :w00t:

VN Store

Back