'18 TN OL Tanner Antonutti (UT signee)

Lots of self righteousness in here today. Hopefully I don't get banned for admitting that during about 8 games this past season I said Ef the Vols multiple times and questioned why I wasted about 4 hours of my life that Saturday watching them. I didn't empty Neyland since I don't live there anymore and would relish any chance to go even when we're bad, but I definitely emptied my DVR earlier than normal. hahahahaha

Reactions: 3 people
Lots of self righteousness in here today. Hopefully I don't get banned for admitting that during about 8 games this past season I said Ef the Vols multiple times and questioned why I wasted about 4 hours of my life that Saturday watching them. I didn't empty Neyland since I don't live there anymore and would relish any chance to go even when we're bad, but I definitely emptied my DVR earlier than normal. hahahahaha

VN Board Police here! Turn in your fan card; delete Rocky Top from your iTunes account; change your VN username to "NotARealFan#95298"; throw out anything orange in your house, including fruit, clothes, and cats; go get an "I LOVE CADE" tattoo on your starboard buttcheek; and buy the "Nick Saban Sings Slim Whitman's Greatest Hits" CD.

This message and your VN account will self-destruct in 15 seconds.....

Good question. It would depend on if there's an ethics clause in the NLI. I mean I think I recall recruits being cut loose after signing because of legal trouble. Let's be honest here, if he were a highly ranked, sought after recruit, he would be safe, but those marginal players don't have that equity and should be careful as they are expendable. Problem with this scenario is how the other team members look at this. If they take it the way many on here do, my guess is he's already lost the trust factor of some of the current Vols and he may find it a tough row to hoe.

Thanks for responding and I agree.

I’m just trying to keep this straight. J Jennings can do a seasons worth of idiotic things, abandon the team and then post a tirade about the coaching staff who at the time represented UT and we want him back at the drop of a hat...this kid however says what he said on social media...and us not knowing the context want him kicked off the team for it. Does that sum it up? Got it. Brilliant.

Reactions: 7 people
A dumb decision? Of course it is. Does he need to be kicked off the team? Hell no. I sing old NWA rap songs all the time. Does it mean I agree with the lyrics? Hell no. Is it a mistake sure, but lets no get to worked up. I suggest everyone go play with the Legos we got for Christmas.

Did you get accepted to the police academy and agree to go, then sing F the police?

I’m just trying to keep this straight. J Jennings can do a seasons worth of idiotic things, abandon the team and then post a tirade about the coaching staff who at the time represented UT and we want him back at the drop of a hat...this kid however says what he said on social media...and us not knowing the context want him kicked off the team for it. Does that sum it up? Got it. Brilliant.

Yes pretty much and😝😀👍

VN Board Police here! Turn in your fan card; delete Rocky Top from your iTunes account; change your VN username to "NotARealFan#95298"; throw out anything orange in your house, including fruit, clothes, and cats; go get an "I LOVE CADE" tattoo on your starboard buttcheek; and buy the "Nick Saban Sings Slim Whitman's Greatest Hits" CD.

:eek:lol: @ orange cats.

Please hand out more tickets.

One catches Hail Marys vs. UGA and crushes their souls, the other one seems like he'd jump right on board the UGA train with his bff if he got half a chance. Just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

And the cats? Dang. Why did I have to open my big mouth. I have shamed my family and my state. I will accept my exodus and disappear like the guy with the 20 bitcoins only I will be much sadder.

Reactions: 1 person
One catches Hail Marys vs. UGA and crushes their souls, the other one seems like he'd jump right on board the UGA train with his bff if he got half the chance. Just saying.

Everyone just needs to step back and take a moment. Let's not get carried away with a couple of kids/ friends acting silly and stupid. We've all had our moments of insanity. There's never been any indication that Antonutti is anything but all Vol.

One catches Hail Marys vs. UGA and crushes their souls, the other one seems like he'd jump right on board the UGA train with his bff if he got half a chance. Just saying.

One sings dumb song in car with bff, the other gets high in car with gff. Just saying.

One hasn’t shown his full value yet and the other has shown that although he can make great plays he won’t hesitate to walk out on his teammates if he doesn’t get his way, puts getting high ahead of the team, and will bad mouth representatives of the university. Which one do we want again?

What is that you do in life then? I mean, besides stalking teenage football players on social media and message boards?

Are you a teenage boy? The reason I ask, is you and whoever else is in this thread are the only people I’m talking to. To answer your question, I grapple 3-4 times a week. Let me know when you’re in the Knoxville area and you can show me what being a great athlete is all about

One hasn’t shown his full value yet and the other has shown that although he can make great plays he won’t hesitate to walk out on his teammates if he doesn’t get his way, puts getting high ahead of the team, and will bad mouth representatives of the university. Which one do we want again?

And let’s not forget. No one can say for sure that is in fact even Antonutti. Some message board warrior said it was.....so the kid has been lynched.

I believe his best option is to come out and admit what he did was stupid and apologize. Most, not all, will forgive him, and then we see how he developes as a player. Remaining silent on the situation has far more negatives than positives.

Last edited:

That narrative can't be possible. Vol fans are all a bunch of racist crackers, aight?

Everyone just needs to step back and take a moment. Let's not get carried away with a couple of kids/ friends acting silly and stupid. We've all had our moments of insanity. There's never been any indication that Antonutti is anything but all Vol.

Eh, I was just kidding, sort of. I don't think they should revoke the kid's scholarship or anything. Still not a good look for him though.

I believe his best option is to come out and admit what he did was stupid and apologize. Most, not all, will forgive him, and then we see how he developes as a player. Remaining silent on the situation has far more negatives than positives.

If he does that for the TEAM and we don’t hear about it, still good? :good!:

VN Store

Back