2020 Presidential Race

Florida Presidential General Election Poll
Joe Biden vs Donald Trump, Head to Head

Joe Biden (D) 53%
Donald Trump (R) 47%

This survey was conducted between May 8 - May 12 by Florida Atlantic University's College of Business. 1,000 likely Florida voters were surveyed.

Yeah god forbid a woman take pride in the way she looks. Better to just call her a heifer and demean her. Kind of odd that it seems to be black women in positions of power that really bring out the deplorable comments.
She keeps getting pushed, prodded and dragged up to a position she couldn't handle. She's smart but she's not quite to that level yet.

Florida Presidential General Election Poll
Joe Biden vs Donald Trump, Head to Head

Joe Biden (D) 53%
Donald Trump (R) 47%

This survey was conducted between May 8 - May 12 by Florida Atlantic University's College of Business. 1,000 likely Florida voters were surveyed.

Bowl loves polls instead of actual results. Paper champions.

Reactions: volfanjustin
Bowl loves polls instead of actual results. Paper champions.

You can read a little from the polls at this point, though.

For instance, Trump at 47% in Florida at this point is very strong.

Especially when you know the same pollster had him at 43% in October 2016.

You can read a little from the polls at this point, though.

For instance, Trump at 47% in Florida at this point is very strong.

Especially when you know the same pollster had him at 43% in October 2016.
Bad equation. Different opponent, with much different circumstances, now that Trump has a record to defend as an incumbent. Trump is trending in the wrong direction in this particular poll too. FAU had Trump in the lead 51% to 49% in March. The FAU poll found that Biden is more than doubling Trump's support in the South Florida region, including Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties - home of Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate. The FAU poll also shows Biden leading among independent voters and surprisingly, also leading among voters who are over the age of 65.

Bad equation. Different opponent, with much different circumstances, now that Trump has a record to defend as an incumbent. Trump is trending in the wrong direction in this particular poll too. FAU had Trump in the lead 51% to 49% in March. The FAU poll found that Biden is more than doubling Trump's support in the South Florida region, including Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties - home of Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate. The FAU poll also shows Biden leading among independent voters and surprisingly, also leading among voters who are over the age of 65.

Biden’s got this in the bag already.

Polling aggregates are going to give you a better picture than a solitary poll. As of now, it looks like Florida still leans Trump but Biden does have a shot.

Also, once you plunge into a single poll’s demographic subsets, the margins of error are too large for meaningful conclusions to be drawn.

Last edited:
Polling aggregates are going to give you a better picture than a solitary poll. As of now, it looks like Florida still leans Trump but Biden does have a shot.

Also, once you plunge into a single polls demographic subsets, the margins of error are too large for meaningful conclusions to be drawn.
Not sure what you are talking about... Biden leads Trump in every Florida poll on Real Clear Politics, including Fox News.

Not sure what you are talking about... Biden leads Trump in every Florida poll on Real Clear Politics, including Fox News.

If the election were today, Trump would be more worried, but an incumbent who won Florida is still in the catbird’s seat with the current situation. If his position deteriorated from here, he can lose. That’s why I’m reading it as a close race Trump could lose.

Florida going blue signifies a blowout, so I’ll be watching other states.

I do think he’s in more trouble in Arizona.

North Carolina might break the tie.

Have you conflated my 500 lb anvils of inconvenient truth with trolling?

That's unfortunate.
Wile e coyote was impressed with his 500 lb anvils too. How did that work out ?
coyote-1.jpg

Yeah god forbid a woman take pride in the way she looks. Better to just call her a heifer and demean her. Kind of odd that it seems to be black women in positions of power that really bring out the deplorable comments.
I don’t care what she looks like. Stacey Abrams is a decent lady. I know Republicans who worked with her in the state legislature that say she was good at her job. But her push makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Let her hold statewide or federal office, a cabinet position etc and THEN talk about making her the VP. Until then, don’t insult my intelligence by telling me a former state representative is the most qualified person to be the running mate for a 78 year old.

The UVA Center for Politics snapshot of the race is a little dated, but still the most accurate projection for the current moment IMHO.

CrystalBall.JPG

The biggest standout positives for Biden: Michigan, North Carolina, and Arizona.

The biggest standout positives for Trump: Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida and Iowa. All states won by Obama which will be difficult for Biden to take back.

That's why the electoral college will be so close. Since it would be the worst thing possible for the country at this point, I fully expect a 269-269 tie.

I don’t care what she looks like. Stacey Abrams is a decent lady. I know Republicans who worked with her in the state legislature that say she was good at her job. But her push makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Let her hold statewide or federal office, a cabinet position etc and THEN talk about making her the VP. Until then, don’t insult my intelligence by telling me a former state representative is the most qualified person to be the running mate for a 78 year old.

The same standard wasn’t held for Trump though. He had no prior political experience and that was talked about as a good thing.

The UVA Center for Politics snapshot of the race is a little dated, but still the most accurate projection for the current moment IMHO.

View attachment 280869

The biggest standout positives for Biden: Michigan, North Carolina, and Arizona.

The biggest standout positives for Trump: Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida and Iowa. All states won by Obama which will be difficult for Biden to take back.

That's why the electoral college will be so close. Since it would be the worst thing possible for the country at this point, I fully expect a 269-269 tie.

Once again it’ll come down to the rust belt states as it seems to every single election. Those states can swing on a dime. It’ll be interesting.

Reactions: Rifleman
The same standard wasn’t held for Trump though. He had no prior political experience and that was talked about as a good thing.
That’s like saying the pizza isn’t good, but arguing that’s ok because you had a bad hamburger last week.

I just think she’s an implausible pick for a Presidential ticket. I can’t see what value she brings to the ticket vs somebody like Kamala Harris- who even though I disagree with politically, at least makes a little sense.

That’s like saying the pizza isn’t good, but arguing that’s ok because you had a bad hamburger last week.

I just think she’s an implausible pick for a Presidential ticket. I can’t see what value she brings to the ticket vs somebody like Kamala Harris- who even though I disagree with politically, at least makes a little sense.

I agree that she isn’t the best choice but to hold her to a different standard than the guy we have in office now comes off as partisan crap.

I feel like Duckworth is the best choice. She has a very sharp mind, seems to have studied the issues she talks about, and has a real strength which is apparent when you hear her speak.

She'd be better at the top of the ticket, frankly, but maybe she doesn't want any part of this either since she has small children.

VN Store

Back