2020 Presidential Race

All these caucuses are not Democratic because they exclude too many people and destroy the sanctity of the secret ballot. They were well-intended initially, but they should all go away at this point.

If your state can't afford to be serious enough to roll out actual voting with a paper trail, then you shouldn't participate in the nomination process.
I'm personally not a fan of caucuses at all.

Some of the county chairs were doing that last night. Total CF.

In some ways, but some of this over-reaction by the media who built this all up too much in order to sell lubricated catheters and are angry that viewers tuned out.

It sounds like there were discrepancies that meant they had to confirm by looking at the paper trail, which isn't uncommon. But, since this sounds very close between the top two it would be better to not replay the 2012 Romney Santorum Wins debacle that to announce in a timely manner and be wrong.

I like them, never have participated in one but I like the system.

It seems like a decent process if there’s a couple different candidates you’re willing to go with but like everything else the Dems are too inept to run the show.

Reactions: hog88
The Drudge Report has a link to a story and video of a woman wanting her ballot back from a Mayor Pete precinct captain because she just found out he is gay. Good back and forth in the video between her and the precinct captain. Top of the left column on Drudge. I guess she is what the libs refer to as a "low information voter." Not now. LOL!
So dems don't want a black or gay people to win the nomination? Hmmmm

Reactions: tennvols77

They are great. Unless:

* you are elderly
* handicapped
* an esl speaker
* have a sick parent at home
* work at night
* have small children
* or don't want your years of carefully avoiding politics at the water cooler casually cast aside so now your cubicle wing man hates you because you wouldn't make Andrew Yang viable. "I'm sorry Tony! You know I love math as much as the next guy, and I know that 1,000 dollars a month would have gotten your deadbeat brother-in-law out of your basement, but Elizabeth Warren took 14 selfies with me. 14, Tony! She's basically my ride or die now! I can't tell where she stops and I begin!"

Yeah, it makes no sense whatsoever.

They are great. Unless:

* you are elderly
* handicapped
* an esl speaker
* have a sick parent at home
* work at night
* have small children
* or don't want your years of carefully avoiding politics at the water cooler casually cast aside so now your cubicle wing man hates you because you wouldn't make Andrew Yang viable. "I'm sorry Tony! You know I love math as much as the next guy, and I know that 1,000 dollars a month would have gotten your deadbeat brother-in-law out of your basement, but Elizabeth Warren took 14 selfies with me. 14, Tony! She's basically my ride or die now! I can't tell where she stops and I begin!"

Yeah, it makes no sense whatsoever.

the counter is that it gives citizens a chance to hash it out and persuade each other.

I see some benefits to it

Reactions: hog88
This, on top of the Gallup poll that showed Trump’s approval at an all time high and the turnout numbers from last night, it seems everything is going swimmingly for the Democratic Party.

Reactions: 615vols
How embarrassing for the average Iowan!

How many votes might this cost the eventual Dem nominee in the general?

The Drudge Report has a link to a story and video of a woman wanting her ballot back from a Mayor Pete precinct captain because she just found out he is gay. Good back and forth in the video between her and the precinct captain. Top of the left column on Drudge. I guess she is what the libs refer to as a "low information voter." Not now. LOL!
I dont know why this matters to people. Especially Democrats.

I'd like to see them tweak it...one ballot and you have to list 1 through however many is running...then you are free to go and the campaign teams and officials can sort out the rest...I don't think voting should ever be easy like having a voting app on your phone and a 30 day early period

Until I was about 25, the American Psychiatric Assoc considered homosexuality a mental illness. That woman is old enough to remember that.

It was nearly 50 years ago that the American Psychiatric Association removed that language from the DSM and issued a statement in support of gay and lesbian civil rights along with many apologies for being categorically wrong. The man in my avatar would have been smeared with that fake diagnosis, and was undeniably one of the sanest people to ever play for the Vols. Admittedly, my uncle who saw him play live did say he exhibited a pathological need to hurt Bama running backs, but that sounds reasonable to me.

This poor woman may not have the mental or ethical faculties to move forward/research a candidate, but 50 years is plenty of time to get a clue.

It was nearly 50 years ago that the American Psychiatric Association removed that language from the DSM and issued a statement in support of gay and lesbian civil rights along with many apologies for being categorically wrong. The man in my avatar would have been smeared with that fake diagnosis, and was undeniably one of the sanest people to ever play for the Vols. Admittedly, my uncle who saw him play live did say he exhibited a pathological need to hurt Bama running backs, but that sounds reasonable to me.

This poor woman may not have the mental or ethical faculties to move forward/research a candidate, but 50 years is plenty of time to get a clue.
I was in school with Jackie Walker. I am just supplying context. I think her problem with Pete was based more on her religious beliefs. She has every right to them, regardless of what you think she should believe.

VN Store

Back