2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does Coastal's stadium hold enough to allow them to host? I do not think the berms should be allowed to be considered seating. It seats less than 2,500 but they say they can seat 3,000 on berms. Tried to look it up. How many do you have to be able to seat to host regional?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Does Coastal's stadium hold enough to allow them to host? I do not think the berms should be allowed to be considered seating. It seats less than 2,500 but they say they can seat 3,000 on berms. Tried to look it up. How many do you have to be able to seat to host regional?

The NCAA bends over for teams now.
Maryland hosted last year and they play in a glorified public park
As a recent national champion, Coastal gets the benefit of a doubt.
Whether they play in Conway or MB, the atmosphere would be hostile.

If ECU could get back into hosting, that place would be crazy for visiting fans as it normally is.

I’ve been to coastal several times. Crazy place if school is in. Not so much when school is out. I think if we go on road in southeast there will be a lot of orange. Maybe more than host team

It's BRUTAL to get regional and super regional tickets on the road if you're playing the home team

Can someone explain to me Kentucky's RPI and NC strength of schedule? Because of Indiana State, Elon, Wright State, and Morehead State? Seriously?

They have series losses to Tennessee, Vandy, A&M, LSU and Georgia. That's half of the their conference weekend series.

How the hell are they projected to be a national seed?

(see how I put my foot in my mouth and set up an epic fail for Florida's last weekend series).

Can someone explain to me Kentucky's RPI and NC strength of schedule? Because of Indiana State, Elon, Wright State, and Morehead State? Seriously?

They have series losses to Tennessee, Vandy, A&M, LSU and Georgia. That's half of the their conference weekend series.

(see how I put my foot in my mouth and set up an epic fail for Florida's last weekend series).

I don’t math on Saturday.

Kentucky Baseball Schedule Scores & Stats | WarrenNolan.com

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I’m not seeing anything from Kentucky that suggests they are a good matchup for Gators.

That's where I found their RPI.

I've looked and I don't get it. Yes, they swept Indiana State. That's nice and all, but if that's what you are hanging your hat on....I still don't get it.

They swept South Carolina and that's a really big deal.

But, overall, I don't see the #2 RPI.

I just don't

For the most part they’ve taken care of things at home, the sweep by VU on the road…mostly, age old adage…don’t lose the series at home and don’t get swept on the road. On my end, what if we win one game versus Missouri? We didn’t and they have turned out to be who we thought they were. All I got. Sometimes, it just goes the way it goes, it’s an algorithm after all.

You good?

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo

VN Store

Back