Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys,

I know we are SEC fans. But I just don't' get

Auburn 10
Alabama 11
Kentucky 12

I have to believe in most years, none of those teams would be hosting.

I guess what I'm saying, there's not a lot of parity right now. I looked at the #2 seeds and no one jumps out as being better than those three teams.

I have to believe there will be tons of host team losing next weekend. Especially those teams without a strong atmosphere like Kentucky, Auburn, Alabama, Boston College, Wake Forest, etc
Bama is deserving by the metrics IMO. 5-5 in league series, winning conference record, winning Q1 record w/large sample size etc. If they’re in any other league they’re likely in the top 4 of said league.

Reactions: nashvillepanther
Latest projections from D1. No changes as it relates to Tennessee. I do find it hilarious that Alabama is now the projected #10 regional host while the Vols are left out of the picture entirely. Outside of RPI, what exactly about their resume is that different from ours? Just the fact they survived a flukey single elimination game to get to Double Elim and we didn’t? We really putting that much stock in Hoover?

17-14 Q1 vs 14-17
9-9 on the road vs 4-12

That’s likely the difference.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I have to admit it’s a little funny, but they did exactly what they needed to do.
What happened to that program under Jones? Tulane was a regular contender in his first 15 years. He never fell off terribly bad, looking at records, until the last couple of years. Went from regional regulars to missing every year.

Reactions: @1RBFjr
This Tulane alum watched! An incredible surprise for this baseball team following an incredible football season.

Boom! This is fun! And beat So Cal in the Cotton Bowl. Tulane is rocking! My grad school. (I just keep hoping the Vols don't get somehow scheduled or bracketed into having to crush them 😂)

Last edited:
What happened to that program under Jones? Tulane was a regular contender in his first 15 years. He never fell off terribly bad, looking at records, until the last couple of years. Went from regional regulars to missing every year.
Yes, they did well for a great part of his tenure. When I was in graduate school there, at one point they were ranked first, and it seems like they were always making the tournament. IIRC, Jones got sick and had to take a leave of absence and I think he only came back for a little bit more.

Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back