2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Knoxvol52 answered it without answering it. He said the projected bracket that came out today will never happen because there have always been two super regions that no SEC team would be a part of or could be a part of. The one that came out today only has one and that is the region 8&9 super regional.
Your right I went back and looked there is only one Regional without an SEC team so yes it here could possibly be 7 teams in CWS if that is way brackets come out Monday

Consider this. All 14 teams from the SEC could make the tournament and the NCAA could set it so no more than 6 SEC teams can make Omaha.

Your right I went back and looked there is only one Regional without an SEC team so yes it here could possibly be 7 teams in CWS if that is way brackets come out Monday
I say it will not be that way because the ncaa is not going to take that chance. They will protect Wake from sec in regional and supers.

So these brackets, are they D1 brackets? If so, they’re making an educated guess. Those guys will be the first to say we don’t know what the committee puts the most stock in.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Consider this. All 14 teams from the SEC could make the tournament and the NCAA could set it so no more than 6 SEC teams can make Omaha.
I see it the committee like it when 7 or 8 SEC teams host that way they can control Super Regionals by matching Florida and South Carolina,but when you get 5 or 6 not hosting at all in Regionals then it's plug and play harder to manipulate pairings

I guess I don’t understand if this is a purely academic question, a purely fantastical question, etc…there are certain scenarios that make sense in Tennessee’s case. They could send us to Wake, send us to like a Coastal, even Miami. Would they send us to the west coast, I guess they could but would they?

This seems like a fair time to ask this question? Is the committee going to hold our road/neutral record against us. With that in mind, do they put us in a Super with another SEC team, so one of us weeds the other out? It’s happened.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I guess I don’t understand if this is a purely academic question, a purely fantastical question, etc…there are certain scenarios that make sense in Tennessee’s case. They could send us to Wake, send us to like a Coastal, even Miami. Would they send us to the west coast, I guess they could but would they?

This seems like a fair time to ask this question? Is the committee going to hold our road/neutral record against us. With that in mind, do they put us in a Super with another SEC team, so one of us weeds the other out? It’s happened.
I went back and looked at 2018 there was 10 regionals with SEC teams and 6 without,Supers had 6 SEC teams all matched against each other

Reactions: vol66
I went back and looked at 2018 there was 10 regionals with SEC teams and 6 without,Supers had 6 SEC teams all matched against each other

Yep, it’s a thing, I don’t think it’s a conspiracy as much as the SEC has been pretty solid and from a geographic stand point it’s inevitable we end up in logical places. How pissed would we be if we ended up at Stanford or Oregon? That’s not really good for anyone. In Supers

I truly believe they will send us like the first seed out so I think we're going to Larry Bird country

Yep, it’s a thing, I don’t think it’s a conspiracy as much as the SEC has been pretty solid and from a geographic stand point it’s inevitable we end up in logical places. How pissed would we be if we ended up at Stanford or Oregon? That’s not really good for anyone. In Supers
In 2021, lsu was sent to Oregon for the regional, they won it, then came to LNS to get swept.

Force them to watch Vanderbilt football games for an entire week.
In their defense the question was asked durng a downward spiral of the season and it's common nature to think perception is reality.That being said they jumped off the ship to quickly

Reactions: VolPack22
In their defense the question was asked durng a downward spiral of the season and it's common nature to think perception is reality.That being said they jumped off the ship to quickly
I show no mercy to them. I was steadfast in saying we were playing some of the best teams in the country at the time. Give any other team that stretch of LSU, Florida, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt and see how well they do.

I show no mercy to them. I was steadfast in saying we were playing some of the best teams in the country at the time. Give any other team that stretch of LSU, Florida, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt and see how well they do.
Ive gotten soft in my years lol only don't show no mercy in LVols forum they already started running those jaws

Yes, this combined with all of the new faces was not rocket surgery.

VN Store

Back