2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some of ya'll are just doom and gloom. We are a horrible team and our pitchers can't pitch and we won't hit. Ya'll are already planning for an elimination game. I'm out of here if this is what all week is going to be like. Want to beat the RPI? Win every game or almost all and you are #1.

I don’t think we’re a terrible team. I think Clemson is very, very good. Big difference. We got a rough draw again, that’s all. We should have been in Terre Haute.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Just booked a hotel in Auburn, see ya’ there…….

Anyone know the Super Hosting rules, when Tennessee makes a farce of the ACC, and if Auburn loses, I think we might host the Supers as we’d be a potential higher seed than anyone besides Auburn
I agree. We would be a higher overall seed than Southern Miss so I think they would go based off that since our stadium capacity is nearly identical and they saw how great of a Regional/Super Regional host Knoxville is the past couple of years.

Just booked a hotel in Auburn, see ya’ there…….

Anyone know the Super Hosting rules, when Tennessee makes a farce of the ACC, and if Auburn loses, I think we might host the Supers as we’d be a potential higher seed than anyone besides Auburn

According to the rules, the committee will apparently review hosting proposals made by both us and USM (if they win) and make a decision for which site would be better suited for a Super. USM has the nicer park, but you’d think Knoxville would be a better fit for hotel and travel accommodations.

Or the rest of college baseball could still be in their feelings and deny us a hosting spot in that scenario. Either way, I like our draw to potentially get to Omaha. The pitching will be there and I think our bats will be hot. They’ve had a lot of time off this week to get some swings in.

Or the rest of college baseball could still be in their feelings and deny us a hosting spot in that scenario. Either way, I like our draw to potentially get to Omaha. The pitching will be there and I think our bats will be hot. They’ve had a lot of time off this week to get some swings in.

Our regional is a lot tougher than I think we deserved, but our Super is very manageable IF we make it there. Auburn is arguably the weakest of all the hosts except ISU.

Clemson is not as good as some on here are making them out to be. I can see them losing to Tennessee and Charlotte by a decent number of runs. Lipscomb is well...Lipscomb.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Oklahoma State, Auburn, and Kentucky are going to have extremely tough regionals. I will probably be betting against those teams if they make it to the regional finals. None of those teams have reliable bullpens or pitching to go 3-5 games.

Last edited:
They shouldn’t even be in the tournament imo. Regular season champions should get the automatic bid.

It will be much tougher to get that rule across lol. Conference tournament apathy would become more noticeable. The top teams already don't really care. You would have to find a mechanism to make it mean something.

If this happens more frequently, I would be in favor of a rule change. It was originally intended to recognize bubble teams that were playing hot at the right time (+make sure every conference gets at least 1 team).

Last edited:
It will be much tougher to get that rule across lol. Conference tournament apathy would become more noticeable. The top teams already don't really care. You would have to find a mechanism to make it mean something.

If this happens more frequently, I would be in favor of a rule change. It was originally intended to recognize bubble teams that were playing hot at the right time.
It really should only be for solidifying seeding and sorting out the bubble teams.

Worst part of the day so far is having to watch this stupid "Get Up" show waiting for the selection show to start

We get it, ESPN overpaid for NBA broadcast rights! But that does not mean it's the only @#$%!#$%#$! sport your worthless network should talk about.
Ouchie? More coffee? ☕

VN Store

Back