2024 Presidential Race

What the everloving hell do you mean 'pay for themselves'? The government is TAKING your money. You aren't PAYING for Jack ****. You act like the government is entitled to what you earn. I am happy that you want to work for the government, but the .gov can KMA. They have taken a helluva lot of money from me.
A common Republican theme is that tax cuts will pay for themselves through growth. History has shown that never proves to be the case.

You are such a dumb a$$.

Take a meat cleaver to spending first. That will do more to tame inflation when the trajectory of the debt is reversed. Quit telling the whole of America that the govt is f’ing Santa Claus.

You are such a dumb a$$.

Is he? Read your own article again. It clearly states if tax cuts are met with equal cuts to government spending, they are not inflationary. So it’s not the tax cut itself that’s inflationary.

Rather, its government deficits

Is he? Read your own article again. It clearly states if tax cuts are met with equal cuts to government spending, they are not inflationary. So it’s not the tax cut itself that’s inflationary.

Rather, its government deficits
OMG. Tax cuts are never done in conjunction with cuts to government spending. They don't pay for themselves with growth. Tax cuts are primarily responsible for the deficits.

OMG. Tax cuts are never done in conjunction with cuts to government spending. They don't pay for themselves with growth. Tax cuts are primarily responsible for the deficits.

You’re intentionally misunderstanding the point. Deficits cause inflation. Not tax cuts.

Also if it’s tax cuts that are responsible for deficits and the deficit grew under Biden and under Obama (neither of whom cut taxes to my knowledge)…

can you explain how that happened?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
You’re intentionally misunderstanding the point. Deficits cause inflation. Not tax cuts.

Also if it’s tax cuts that are responsible for deficits and the deficit grew under Biden and under Obama (neither of whom cut taxes to my knowledge)…

can you explain how that happened?
Tax cuts are primarily responsible for the deficits.

Reactions: tvolsfan
No, it's the same thing. Tax cuts create the damn deficits. The article clearly points out, as most economists will, that tax cuts are inflationary! This is so stupid.

Those are two separate things. You can argue tax cuts worsen deficits. That’s true. But it’s still not the tax cut itself that causes inflation. Rather it’s the deficit. Because the deficit has to be paid for which increases demand.

A tax cut is not always inflationary. A deficit is always inflationary

Those are two separate things. You can argue tax cuts worsen deficits. That’s true. But it’s still not the tax cut itself that causes inflation. Rather it’s the deficit. Because the deficit has to be paid for which increases demand.

A tax cut is not always inflationary. A deficit is always inflationary
My first damn post concerning this, specifically said that tax cuts are inflationary when in conjunction with an increase in spending.

This wasn't some damn hypothetical scenario either! We were talking about Trump's fiscal policy during his first term in office when he both increased spending and cut taxes. It was inflationary as hell!

My first damn post concerning this, specifically said that tax cuts are inflationary when in conjunction with an increase in spending.

This wasn't some damn hypothetical scenario either! We were talking about Trump's fiscal policy during his first term in office when he both increased spending and cut taxes. It was inflationary as hell!

Sure, deficits cause inflation. Biden’s deficit is double that of Trump’s precovid deficit.

Must be from all those Biden tax cuts, right?

VN Store

Back