2024 Presidential Race

If you mean Vivek, I'm skeptical. Trump's 2024 VP pick is the automatically on the 2028 watch list for the GOP nomination.

A Hindu candidate probably doesn't excite the crucial Christian Conservative bloc of the GOP.
No I don’t like Vivek for the running mate, or Haley either. If he can’t find a suitable woman of color then settle for a gentleman of color or a woman of low melanin content. Kari Lake comes to mind. Or Tim Scott. But you got to check at least one box on the diversity agenda. If Pete Buttagieg wasn’t such an incompetent weenie, he could even be a possibility.

Southern states that have been controlled by GOP good 'ole boys have for years ignored (or tried to) federal mandates, regulations, etc and
do their own thing. They exercise a LOT of control over their states---in every way....and of course they're the poorest states in America.
the problem with you Clarence, is you want the Feds hands on everything.

I've been pretty damn consistent about the subject of federal power. It's you my friend that sways with the wind depending on the subject.

My position turns on whether the issue is a federal constitutional right or some action which arises from federal law. For example, I do not think the feds should be involved in education EXCEPT (and in some states that's a pretty big EXCEPT) to the extent necessary to ensure equal protection and equal benefits to all students, including based on race or gender. Title X being an example.

My position turns on whether the issue is a federal constitutional right or some action which arises from federal law. For example, I do not think the feds should be involved in education EXCEPT (and in some states that's a pretty big EXCEPT) to the extent necessary to ensure equal protection and equal benefits to all students, including based on race or gender. Title X being an example.
Then you are good with eliminating the Dept of Ed and let the DOJ handle any lawsuits about constitutional rights or equal access in schools, right?

Reactions: hog88 and vols40
There is nothing radical about federal agencies. Your brain is radically deluded. What oppressive "control" over your personal life does the federal government maintain? Please answer the question.

fox is more responsible for the divide in this country than anything else, with the gangster a close second.

Education is not controlled at the federal level. It's managed at the local level.

Any blame able to be pointed at Democrats or are Fox and Trump to blame for our issues?

Curious because you're claiming other people are "radically deluded" and, well... you know that's exactly what you're sounding like, right?

Reactions: vols40
Former U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley is facing pressure from some of her top fundraisers to either seriously compete with, or outright defeat, Donald Trump in next week’s New Hampshire primary, after finishing third Monday in the Iowa caucus.

“I would still like to see her get somewhere, but the mountain she has to climb is enormous,” Andy Sabin, a New York businessman and Haley fundraiser, told CNBC. “As much as I like Haley, I don’t even know what Trump could do to stop himself right now.”

Several Haley fundraisers who spoke to CNBC conceded that, unless she gets a very close second to Trump or manages to pull off an upset win in New Hampshire, the race could effectively be over for her after that.

Reactions: vols40
That makes no sense as they are called upon to enforce those.
You have layers of school control. You have your local or city school boards, then you have country school boards, then you have state school boards. How many do you need? If any of those three won't fix a constitutionally protected issue, send it to the DOJ. No need for a national "school board".

Any blame able to be pointed at Democrats or are Fox and Trump to blame for our issues?

Curious because you're claiming other people are "radically deluded" and, well... you know that's exactly what you're sounding like, right?

Rubes are always foaming about the federal government, pretending that it's a monolithic entity that oppresses them, and as with most MAGA notions, it's total nonsense.

Trump lies about everything. Claimed this was his second win in the Iowa caucus. It wasn't. Classic gangster.

Coming down those stairs rather gingerly, as well.

The only real way to calm down the radicalism is to completely overhaul the federal government, reduce it in size and scope to a point where it's almost inconsequential to the lives of the average citizen. Our federal government is to blame for the divide within the country. For decades now the feds have assumed more and more power and have too much control, often implementing one size fits all "solutions". Our polulation is much too diverse to have centralized control over such minor things as education and a freeking air conditioner.

Agree although even with its over reaching, it still has less impact than we think. Media just gets us hyped up about it more than other countries.

Isn't this comical irony? I hear conservatives on this board--and around the country--blather in their nonsensical way about the loss of traditional "values"---and yet they still claim to support the deceitful, absurd gangster who used to stink up the White House and who doesn't have an ethical bone in his stinky, horribly corrupt body.
Just like you supporting the Biden crime family and the Clinton syndicate

That makes no sense as they are called upon to enforce those.

No, the DOE enforces nothing. They have to go to court to enforce anything or cut off federal funding. It all goes back to the courts so tell us again what the purpose of the DOE is?

You have layers of school control. You have your local or city school boards, then you have country school boards, then you have state school boards. How many do you need? If any of those three won't fix a constitutionally protected issue, send it to the DOJ. No need for a national "school board".

You are not endearing yourself to trash teachers unions.

VN Store

Back