2024 Presidential Race

Marsha is full of $hit.

Polling data clearly shows that opinions of Trump's prosecution fall completely down party lines. I do not believe for one minute that there are Democrats who voted against Donald Trump in 2016 and 2020, but are going to vote for him now, just because he was convicted in New York.

If you want to say that Independents have been swayed over to Trump's side because of this? I might accept that ... but it is ridiculous to suggest that Democrats will turn to Trump over it. This is exactly what we have been waiting and hoping 3 years for.

Agree. I don't think this changes much on voting side. Now whether a convicted felon can continue the Presidential campaign is questionable to me.

Being a convicted felon doesn't preclude you from running or taking office.
True. RFK Jr. has been a convicted felon for 40 years. He was caught boarding a flight with heroin in 1984 .... on his way to drug rehab, no less.

If there is a debate between all 3, Joe Biden will be the lone non-felon among them. What a choice we have in 2024. Our founding fathers would be so proud of what they have wrought.

Last edited:
True. RFK Jr. has been a convicted felon for 40 years. He was caught boarding a flight with heroine in 1984 .... on his way to drug rehab, no less.

If there is a debate between all 3, Joe Biden will be the lone non-felon among them. What a choice we have in 2024. Our founding fathers would be so proud of what they have wrought.

You know its weird. I probably saw about 8-10 articles on RFKJR when he was being considered for a Cabinet Position under Obama. The felony was never mentioned. I wonder why that was.

Well, if Trump wins then Ukraine is pretty much f'd in the A. I think we can all safely assume that.

With Israel, Trump may well get the US back into a deepwater situation in the ME, over time. He'll align himself 100 % with Netanyahu and the wheels will come off any sort of diplomatic solution.
What? No, He will just call Putty Pute and have them pull out. They are buddies,remember?

Reactions: KptVFL
You know its weird. I probably saw about 8-10 articles on RFKJR when he was being considered for a Cabinet Position under Obama. The felony was never mentioned. I wonder why that was.
RFK and Ethel had a thundering herd of kids .... and only a couple of them have stayed out of trouble.

Things would have probably been a lot different for them if their dad had lived .... and for the country as well. RFK would have defeated Nixon in 1968.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I was thinking this over on my nightly dog walk, as I apparently spend much less time concerned about/obsessing over Presidential issues than *some* folks around here...

This could, honestly, be the straw that breaks the camel's back. The sham trial and convictions are most definitely going to be appealed, given some stay, and likely all overturned. At the same time, this virtually guarantees a Trump victory in November, by motivating voters who may have been apathetic or ambivalent. At that point, the Left will claim that he's a felon and must not be allowed to take office. I fear that this could be the point that stuff could potentially get real.

Of course, that's best case scenario. Worst case, more Banana Republic action, someone tries to jail him and prevent him from even continuing his campaign. That would push the die-hard Trump fans over the edge (arguably with cause). I don't even want to think about what happens here.

Anyway, it was a beautiful evening. Hope y'all were able to get out and enjoy it. Won't be long before we are at 90% humidity and 85+ degrees at sunset.

VN Store

Back