2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Does anyone see Shack having a Josh Richardson type senior year? I know his offensive game has been improving consistently and I see him eerily similar to JRich in production and potential. His SR Year he blew up, we have way more options on this team but I can envision it.
JJJ type season, imo.

8-9ppg
5-6rpg
1.5 steals per game.

Think this would be a good year for him.

Started the year shooting well then had to battle through a slump. Who’s to say he won’t start out this season on fire and keep it going? Vescovi taught us that you just can’t predict how well a player will shoot in a season.
Well, that street runs both ways, though. Who's to say he won't start out the season shooting 20% from 3 and never recover?

My only point is that he had an entire season to impress, especially in light of Vescovi's own shooting struggles, and he failed to do so, shooting a career low percentage on a career low number of attempts. As a senior, there isn't a lot of inherent motivation to continue to try fostering him into that role when you've invested money and effort into additional shooters like Lanier, Dubar, and Milicic. We also have developing assets with a much higher ceiling like Carr. That isn't to say you park him and he never plays. I just don't know that he's the guy deserving of the title or minutes of 6th man if the other guys are ready. You went out and got them for a reason and Carr has much more potential to be developed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willy14
I think Gainey was providing solid D as the season progressed and has some timely steals in the tournament. He improved his all around game as the year progressed.
Maybe his late season defense helped the numbers (doubtful as his minutes still seemed to continually decrease), but Gainey had some of the worst defensive metrics on the team. Second to last in defensive rating ahead of only Estrella.

Reactions: walkenvol
Assuming we have 9 man rotation, guess would be:
Okpara - 21
Estrella - 14
Milicic - 22 at 4 spot; 5 at post (27 total)
Dubar - 18 at 4 spot: 9 at SF (27 total)
Mashack - 21
Carr - 10 at SF; 6 at 2G (16 total)
Lanier - 18 at 2G; 10 at PG (28 total)
Gainey - 16
Zeigler - 30

Apply pressure full court for entire game, push tempo, play aggressive on both ends and everyone will be happy. Knecht averaged 4.7 less minutes per game at UT vs Northern Colorado but still shot the ball more per game at UT.

Does anyone see Shack having a Josh Richardson type senior year? I know his offensive game has been improving consistently and I see him eerily similar to JRich in production and potential. His SR Year he blew up, we have way more options on this team but I can envision it.
JRich blew up in march his junior year. Still haven’t seen that jump from Mashack.

JRich blew up in march his junior year. Still haven’t seen that jump from Mashack.
If shack can continue working on his 3pt shot where he can confidently take them without any sort disapproval from coaching staff over the offseason and shoot at least at 35% clip during the season with the added shot attempts this year because he definitely passed up the shot a lot last year, he could get there

If shack can continue working on his 3pt shot where he can confidently take them without any sort disapproval from coaching staff over the offseason and shoot at least at 35% clip during the season with the added shot attempts this year because he definitely passed up the shot a lot last year, he could get there
He made huge strides from sophomore to junior year on his shot, his FT stroke was so much better, no reason to think he can’t take at least another small step forward imo.

He made huge strides from sophomore to junior year on his shot, his FT stroke was so much better, no reason to think he can’t take at least another small step forward imo.
He also finishes around the rim better than some others we've had recently and has a decent midrange shot. He just doesn't shoot often.

Should be a lot of fun 4&5 matchups this year. Feels good to have some size at the 4 with Igor and Dubar lol.

UT: Igor 6’10/ Okpara 6’11 / JP 6’11
UK: Carr 6’10/ Williams 6’10
Bama: Nelson 6’11/ Clifford 6’11
FL: Condon 6’11 / Reuben 6’11 / Micah 7’0
LSU: Fountain 6’10 / Reed 6’10

Should be a lot of fun 4&5 matchups this year. Feels good to have some size at the 4 with Igor and Dubar lol.

UT: Igor 6’10/ Okpara 6’11 / JP 6’11
UK: Carr 6’10/ Williams 6’10
Bama: Nelson 6’11/ Clifford 6’11
FL: Condon 6’11 / Reuben 6’11 / Micah 7’0
LSU: Fountain 6’10 / Reed 6’10

Cade too 6’8”-6’9” and young so may grow a bit more

If he averages 16ppg I’ll Venmo you $300.

I was trying to be more realistic lol
I'm a dreamer. What can I say? Kid is uber athletic and highly motivated. He's going to likely have starting role early on, and I suspect he'll be out to prove a lot of folks wrong. He's probably seen as a team leader along with ZZ. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him really blossom this year. Hmm....$300? Bookmarked this one.

Reactions: TrippieRedd

VN Store

Back