2024 Transfer Portal

None of this will be surprising, but it’s been frantic at the AD since we won. We had a targeted list of portal players, but have since heard from A&M and Tejas players, in addition to players who are reaching out on the side prior to entry. We’ve made an entirely new board in the last two days based on the insane interest level.

None of this will be surprising, but it’s been frantic at the AD since we won. We had a targeted list of portal players, but have since heard from A&M and Tejas players, in addition to players who are reaching out on the side prior to entry. We’ve made an entirely new board in the last two days based on the insane interest level.
Get them all. We have several positions that are open competition.

If we hear anything regarding the Clemson outfielder I may scream.

Greg might not like how Tony acts with his fans and players, but i guarantee the kids love it. Tony will have his choice on any college baseball player he wants in the portal.

Great...just great. No plan. No direction. Chinese fire drill. We're gonna screw this up I just know it. Again, we'll be lucky to make Hoover next season.

Man, how do you balance your returning players with your incoming players with seemingly the best of the best portal players asking to join as well? Not to mention you don't even know which incoming players are even going to make it to campus. I know you take all the talent you can get, but we've seen how huge team chemistry is. This is a great "problem" to have, and if you'd told me 6 years ago this is where we'd be, I wouldn't have ever believed you.

Man, how do you balance your returning players with your incoming players with seemingly the best of the best portal players asking to join as well? Not to mention you don't even know which incoming players are even going to make it to campus. I know you take all the talent you can get, but we've seen how huge team chemistry is. This is a great "problem" to have, and if you'd told me 6 years ago this is where we'd be, I wouldn't have ever believed you.
Will sound cliche, but you recruit guys from both HS and the portal who are competitors. If a kid is looking for the easy path, he's better off somewhere else. Pretty clear Vitello's path is to Omaha and that's a tough row to hoe.

VN Store

Back