2024 Transfer Portal

That was my thought too. I don’t imagine we land both Kilen and Grahovac. Seems like a one or the other thing. Great problem to have.

I slightly disagree. I think you can land both. Will we? Doubtful. But there is room. Kilen will likely play SS or 2B. Grahovac could play 3B or shift to a corner OF.

I think there is a perfect world where you could have a lineup like this:

C: Peebles/Lawless
1B: LaViolette
2B: Antigua
SS: Kilen
3B: Curley
CF: Ensley
LF/RF: Grahovac
LF/RF: TBD

Like I said, that’s a perfect world but it could work.

I slightly disagree. I think you can land both. Will we? Doubtful. But there is room. Kilen will likely play SS or 2B. Grahovac could play 3B or shift to a corner OF.

Might have missed it, but are we convinced that Antigua would be content with a move to 2B?

Might have missed it, but are we convinced that Antigua would be content with a move to 2B?

I’m sure Antigua will be offered a chance to compete and win whatever position he is most interested in, but his bat has a long way to go. So, I’m sure the staff is going to upgrade if possible and bring guys into compete regardless if Antigua would be “content” with it.

With how he hit (or lack thereof) this year - he should be ecstatic if he is in the starting lineup.
He had a total of 23 AB’s all year, most of those happening in conference play. He was the front runner for the SS job coming into the season and we will see that reason next year if he is healthy

Some here have said they see the possibility of Ensley being drafted.

Reactions: volsagain
With how he hit (or lack thereof) this year - he should be ecstatic if he is in the starting lineup.
People who were getting updates last fall and this pre-season were reporting that Antigua was hitting the ball really well. Once he returned, he didn’t have much chance to get into a rhythm at the plate.

Reactions: HeadVol77
People who were getting updates last fall and this pre-season were reporting that Antigua was hitting the ball really well. Once he returned, he didn’t have much chance to get into a rhythm at the plate.
Antigua raked in fall. Kid was going to be the everyday SS. Hand injury sucked

Will have to return to form from the hand injury, but he’s the most likely SS for next year at this point

I'd put Chapman in there. I think he'll break out next year.

I will make a bold declaration. Anyone putting Antigua at 2nd instead of SS is on drugs or does not understand baseball at all. He is either an everyday player at SS or not in the line up. Sure he played 2nd some in situational baseball, very understandable. You can put your bigger bat at 2nd and they have less fielding opportunities so don't have to be as strong of a fielder. AA is dynamite at SS. I think many other pieces can rightfully be moved around.

I think Laviolette could shift to 1B if we needed him to, but in a perfect world getting all 3 Gavin’s and then Jace would be just hilarious portal haul.
The fact that we can say this without it sounding like a complete pipe dream is amazing. It's still very unlikely, but if anyone can do it, it's Tony.

I will make a bold declaration. Anyone putting Antigua at 2nd instead of SS is on drugs or does not understand baseball at all. He is either an everyday player at SS or not in the line up. Sure he played 2nd some in situational baseball, very understandable. You can put your bigger bat at 2nd and they have less fielding opportunities so don't have to be as strong of a fielder. AA is dynamite at SS. I think many other pieces can rightfully be moved around.
Typically you don’t have to announce a bold declaration before making one unless it’s regarding a sex change.

Considering we are heavily after Kilen and Curley is theoretically still at SS, I don’t think it’s fair assessment to say people are on drugs if they think Antigua doesn’t end up at SS.

I’ll repeat an earlier post because I think it is very valid. Aside from playing for a great coach in Tony V, I believe Laviolette would kill it with the short right field fence at Lindsey Nelson. I could see him hitting 30 to 35 homers playing with us.

VN Store

Back