2024 Transfer Portal

None of this will be surprising, but it’s been frantic at the AD since we won. We had a targeted list of portal players, but have since heard from A&M and Tejas players, in addition to players who are reaching out on the side prior to entry. We’ve made an entirely new board in the last two days based on the insane interest level.

I will always welcome news that is good if it slows down the timeline. This is good news. This is exciting. Can’t wait to see who we land.

There is a certain absolute stud at Georgia Tech that just finished his freshman year. His numbers are absolutely jaw popping. Can’t imagine him not wanting to be somewhere that can compete for national titles. To my knowledge, he has not entered the transfer portal yet. Will he? Hopefully.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
There is a certain absolute stud at Georgia Tech that just finished his freshman year. His numbers are absolutely jaw popping. Can’t imagine him not wanting to be somewhere that can compete for national titles. To my knowledge, he has not entered the transfer portal yet. Will he? Hopefully.
Drew Burress. One of the greatest freshman seasons ever. Slowed down quite a bit in conference play, but the kid is a stud. He has not entered the portal. Don’t know if he will. But I wouldn’t mind it at all. He would fill one of those corner OF spots.

Man, how do you balance your returning players with your incoming players with seemingly the best of the best portal players asking to join as well? Not to mention you don't even know which incoming players are even going to make it to campus. I know you take all the talent you can get, but we've seen how huge team chemistry is. This is a great "problem" to have, and if you'd told me 6 years ago this is where we'd be, I wouldn't have ever believed you.
Tony is about to make 3 mil a year to figure that very thing out.

Drew Burress. One of the greatest freshman seasons ever. Slowed down quite a bit in conference play, but the kid is a stud. He has not entered the portal. Don’t know if he will. But I wouldn’t mind it at all. He would fill one of those corner OF spots.
His slugging percentage and correspondingly, HR production dropped, but his BA and OBP remained at the same level, as did his SO% and BB %. He had roughly the same number of plate appearances pre-conference as he did conference. He’s the real deal.

Just skimmed some Cape Cod rosters and a few interesting names who are there popped out to me:

Kaeden Kent
Gavin Kilen
Drew Burress (not in the portal but IMAGINE)

There are def more guys he’s up there to see BUT I would imagine he’s going to talk to Gavin Kilen. Top 10 player in the portal currently and visited during the regional. Would love to lock him down to plug the 2B hole.

Just skimmed some Cape Cod rosters and a few interesting names who are there popped out to me:

Kaeden Kent
Gavin Kilen

There are def more guys he’s up there to see BUT I would imagine he’s going to talk to Gavin Kilen. Top 10 player in the portal currently and visited during the regional. Would love to lock him down to plug the 2B hole.
If it’s the cape cod league then it’s definitely for Kilen.

Had him here during the super regionals. Probably checking in on him.

If it was Kent then @haydnhollinnnn would've mentioned him yesterday.

Kaeden Kent
Gavin Kilen

Thanks for the great info. This is the first time I've really followed baseball recruiting. It seems a lot more complicated than other sports.

Kaeden Kent
Gavin Kilen

I have no clue on his situation so I could be totally wrong and that ship may have sailed, but Matthew Dallas is on a roster as well. I wonder if Tony will see him too.

Is that 64 analytics page transfer portal entrants?

If so, Jake Ogden is in the cape cod league and plays 3rd.

Is that 64 analytics page transfer portal entrants?

If so, Jake Ogden is in the cape cod league and plays 3rd.

I just don’t think we need a 3B unless it’s a can’t miss talent like Grahovac. I would assume if we don’t land Grahovac, Curley will shift to 3rd and Kilen/Antigua would take SS and the other 2B.

I just don’t think we need a 3B unless it’s a can’t miss talent like Grahovac. I would assume if we don’t land Grahovac, Curley will shift to 3rd and Kilen/Antigua would take SS and the other 2B.
That was my thought too. I don’t imagine we land both Kilen and Grahovac. Seems like a one or the other thing. Great problem to have.

VN Store

Back