2024 Transfer Portal

Good too now about cal. If that’s the case, I wouldn’t be shocked if Tony looked for another catcher to add to the competition. He may choose to just let Peebles, Lawless, and Bargo battle it out, but I think he’ll want to bring in someone else for depth and to make sure we have the right guy behind the plate. It’s such an important position.
Last year I thought Starks was nothing more than a depth piece and getting Peebles was a coup. Felt Vitello needed to bench Burke, move Curley to 3rd and start AA. Now I think I need to sit down, shut up, and sip some coffee. Vitello knows what he wants. I'll just watch him work his magic and reload this roster....again.

2B Gavin Kilen Louisville
RHP Cody Bowker Georgetown
RHP Tommy LaPour Wichita State
UTL Blake Cyr Miami
Might as well be John Doe, Jerry Doe, Jeff Doe and Josh Doe. If they ain't on our roster, I don't know who these cats are.

Bats LH / Throws RH
That's what I thought. I couldn't remember his throwing hand from when he played OF earlier in the season, but he wouldn't be a Catcher/3B (two of his other positions), as a lefty.

Villeneuve, on the other hand, is a RH batter, but LH thrower, so he'd be my guess at 1B between the two.

We lose a TON. The crazy part is Chapman, Bargo, Villanueve, AA, Peebles, Curley, Backus, Ensley (hopefully) etc are still a nice core of players who could all vastly improve. Never going to doubt Tony V.
And there are guys in the freshman and sophomore classes who you haven't heard much about yet who will develop.

Look at that 2022 team. Before that season, Courtland Lawson, Jorel Ortega, Trey Lipscomb, and Jared Dickey were rarely-used or never-used backups. They became stars.

This staff will identify talent and develop players. Don't be surprised next year when guys like Eaton, High, Bates, Antigua, Sharpe, and others burst onto the scene. Might take longer for the team to come together next year, but by the end of the year, they'll be good. Just watch.

And there are guys in the freshman and sophomore classes who you haven't heard much about yet who will develop.

Look at that 2022 team. Before that season, Courtland Lawson, Jorel Ortega, Trey Lipscomb, and Jared Dickey were rarely-used or never-used backups. They became stars.

This staff will identify talent and develop players. Don't be surprised next year when guys like Eaton, High, Bates, Antigua, Sharpe, and others burst onto the scene. Might take longer for the team to come together next year, but by the end of the year, they'll be good. Just watch.
All this + the #1 recruiting class we have coming in. Obviously they got to make it to campus but I think guys like Levi Clark and Manny’s kid are going to be stars day one!!

All this + the #1 recruiting class we have coming in. Obviously they got to make it to campus but I think guys like Levi Clark and Manny’s kid are going to be stars day one!!
Texted with a friend who works for Baseball America yesterday and he thinks there is an outside chance that Tennessee could get all of them to campus. Kuhns, Seibert, and Abernathy are the most likely to sign with an MLB team, but none are projected in R1. He's just not sure pro clubs will be willing to meet bonus demands that would surpass what UT's collective offers for most of these guys, if not all of them.

The ones to watch are:

Tegan Kuhns RHP
Anson Seibert RHP
Jay Abernathy SS
Ty Southisene SS
Manny Marin SS
Trey Snyder SS
Levi Clark C
Tate Srickland RHP

The top 3 are the only ones in Baseball America's top 150. Truthfully, even if we lose 3 of those, it's still a great class.

Also, Lucas Ramirez is expected to make it to campus.

Texted with a friend who works for Baseball America yesterday and he thinks there is an outside chance that Tennessee could get all of them to campus. Kuhns, Seibert, and Abernathy are the most likely to sign with an MLB team, but none are projected in R1. He's just not sure pro clubs will be willing to meet bonus demands that would surpass what UT's collective offers for most of these guys, if not all of them.

The ones to watch are:

Tegan Kuhns RHP
Anson Seibert RHP
Jay Abernathy SS
Ty Southisene SS
Manny Marin SS
Trey Snyder SS
Levi Clark C
Tate Srickland RHP

The top 3 are the only ones in Baseball America's top 150. Truthfully, even if we lose 3 of those, it's still a great class.

IMO if we can get 2 of the 3 pitchers and Clark on that list I’ll be pretty happy!! Everything else would be Cake

Yep. Next year will be a complete rebuild. But I suspect TV will still field a very good roster that may just take a bit of extra time to gel.

On the positive side, McKee also mentioned that Tennessee is going to yet again be a very desired landing spot for portal players and he has heard there is a record number of portal players reaching out to us. He said the number has been almost overwhelming.

This. There will be other Amick's, Causey's etc coming our way. And I bet some of the top HS guys will surprise us and show up on campus. Not all of them though. Next man up.

The ones to watch are:

Tegan Kuhns RHP
Anson Seibert RHP
Jay Abernathy SS
Ty Southisene SS
Manny Marin SS
Trey Snyder SS
Levi Clark C
Tate Srickland RHP

That would be some serious star power added!

1718132830769.png

Last year I thought Starks was nothing more than a depth piece and getting Peebles was a coup. Felt Vitello needed to bench Burke, move Curley to 3rd and start AA. Now I think I need to sit down, shut up, and sip some coffee. Vitello knows what he wants. I'll just watch him work his magic and reload this roster....again.
While your sitting, do you have room for more at your table because there are a lot that will need to join you. I don't get the guys who question them even to this point. They have proven they know a "little" about the game and positioning players in the field, lineup, rotation, and even bench.

While your sitting, do you have room for more at your table because there are a lot that will need to join you. I don't get the guys who question them even to this point. They have proven they know a "little" about the game and positioning players in the field, lineup, rotation, and even bench.
Absolutely. For some reason, I always have chairs available around me. I'd enjoy the company....any company.
1718152477679.png

VN Store

Back