2024 Transfer Portal

Coaches see so much more than we do. They know what they have on the bench, they know what they have coming in and where they see them fitting, and they see the needs better than we ever could. But message boards invite people to make uneducated guesses.
Keyboard coaches are much smarter than regular coaches and they never make a bad decision :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Reactions: Jerry123
Cleveland State CC pitcher Austin Breedlove, who committed to Tennessee baseball In March of 2024, appears to be an impact player for the 2025 season.

Austin started 13 games for Cleveland State and had 123 strikeouts in 82 innings pitched.

Bryce Jenkins, a pitcher for Tennessee in the 23 season was instrumental in convincing Breedlove to commit to Tennessee. Breedlove, who was contemplating going Mid-major to ensure more opportunities, asked Jenkins ( a former Cleveland State Player) for his input. Jenkins who pitched 16.1 innings for Tennessee last year convinced Breedlove to commit. Jenkins was selected in the 17th round of last years draft by the Mets.

I hope Austin has a fantastic 2025 season.

Some of the players in the portal that are followed by our coaches/player development

- Dillon Lewis (OF, Queens)
- Ruger Rojas (P, UTSA)
- Arvidson (P, JUCO)
- Cade Fisher (P, FL)
- Liam Doyle (P, Ole Miss)
- Andrew Fischer (INF, Ole Miss)
- Daniel Dickinson (INF, Utah Valley)
- Cullen McKay (P, Virginia)
- Michael Ross (P, Samford)

Keyboard coaches are much smarter than regular coaches and they never make a bad decision :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
That's so true for sure. I hope most on here are like me....take every post with a grain of salt. They are just opinions anyways. Including mine. I think of all the pre-season comments made on this board that have zero impact on how the seasons actually goes. But...that's what these boards are for...just seems silly when some get all up in arms and argue mostly over hypothetical situations. Most people's opinions that i base my thinking on ....do not post on message boards 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ .

Some of the players in the portal that are followed by our coaches/player development

- Dillon Lewis (OF, Queens)
- Ruger Rojas (P, UTSA)
- Arvidson (P, JUCO)
- Cade Fisher (P, FL)
- Liam Doyle (P, Ole Miss)
- Andrew Fischer (INF, Ole Miss)
- Daniel Dickinson (INF, Utah Valley)
- Cullen McKay (P, Virginia)
- Michael Ross (P, Samford)
Lewis and Dickinson would be nice additions. Dickinson has a nice combo of speed and power.

Lewis and Dickinson would be nice additions. Dickinson has a nice combo of speed and power.

Agreed, although not sure if Dickinson is someone we would take with Kilen in the boat, and potentially Fischer, but he would be a really nice backup option.

If he’s fine with being a DH only for the first year, then that would be great. Not sure if he can play OF, if we land Fischer and put him OF, I’d rather not put two guys out there that have never played it.

Will be interesting to see what happens

I’m curious as to what position the staff is pitching to Fischer. He’s not a 1B at the next level. He’s 6-1 and a righty. Playing that position at Tennessee would cost his draft stock. But the other infield positions seem to be set. Are they attempting to get him as a corner outfielder? DHing doesn’t help him.

If they truly are all in on Fischer, I wonder if AA is the odd man out in the infield…Fischer at 3B, Curley at SS, and Kilen at 2B. 1B is either Grimmer or a true 1B from the portal.

Or maybe Curley at 3B, Kilen at SS and Fischer at 2B?

I just don’t see Fischer coming here to play a position he’s not cut out for, just to squeeze in, when he could go elsewhere or stay at OM to play a natural position at which he’s projected in the pros. That would be a bad career decision.
Any chance Curley slides to the OF?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I personally don't care if AA batting average is below the Mendoza line . AA will and should be best option at SS the kid will be a game changer in the field.
He showed glimpses of some fine leather, when he found the field this season.
The Ant man will be fine and just needs more at bats.

Sooo. I somewhat understand the current A&M guys staying since they promoted Earley to HC and they all already had built relationships with the guy. But why would transfer kids with 1-2 years to play want to go play for an unproven 1st time HC? I think we all know the an$wer to that question though.

Sooo. I somewhat understand the current A&M guys staying since they promoted Earley to HC and they all already had built relationships with the guy. But why would transfer kids with 1-2 years to play want to go play for an unproven 1st time HC? I think we all know the an$wer to that question though.
Money could be it. But they did finish 2nd in the country this year. They bring a ton back and are probably going #1 in the preseason polls. Wish he was going to be a vol. But I can't pretend why ATM would be a appealing as well.

VN Store

Back