2024 Transfer Portal

The beating out Vandy aspect is pretty nice. I was checking out the Commodore War Room on Rivals the other day, and they were—no joke—cheering the fact that Jordan Beck broke his hand recently. Vandy fans are the sorriest, trashiest bunch of sore losers I've ever seen. Tony Vitello has forced them all into an existential crisis.

The beating out Vandy aspect is pretty nice. I was checking out the Commodore War Room on Rivals the other day, and they were—no joke—cheering the fact that Jordan Beck broke his hand recently. Vandy fans are the sorriest, trashiest bunch of sore losers I've ever seen. Tony Vitello has forced them all into an existential crisis.
The sooner they accept the fact that their program is an ancient relic from the past the easier it will be for them.

IMG_2685.jpeg

Curious if we were involved with Tanner in high school or if he's a late bloomer. Has great size and velocity it seems.
Sorry for the late reply, I'm new to the forum. I saw him pitch in High School a couple of times. He was probably 6'3 or 6'4 220 back then. He already had a cannon. I think he was hitting in the low to mid 90s. His problem was consistency, and that's probably why he wasn't recruited by UT then. When he was on, he was absolutely unhittable. It wasn't uncommon to watch him strike out the side. However, the next inning, it could all fall apart and he would give up 3 runs. I think with the coaches we have, his development will continue and the consistency will be there. Plus, if they are planning on using him out of the bullpen, all you need is 1 good inning.

From the Florida insider on their board

“Andrew Fischer and Liam Doyle are on UT's campus now. They've met with Tony V already, will get a tour and they have a dinner in Knoxville tonight. One source told me that UT will try and get a commitment from them tonight, I don't think that will happen. Arkansas looks to be out of this one which makes it a 2 team race between UT and UF.“

“Andrew Fischer and Liam Doyle are on UT's campus now. They've met with Tony V already, will get a tour and they have a dinner in Knoxville tonight. One source told me that UT will try and get a commitment from them tonight, I don't think that will happen. Arkansas looks to be out of this one which makes it a 2 team race between UT and UF.“
So he doesn't know.

Half their fans have never been laid. Why there’s so few of them.

Did they think a broken hand would keep him from showing them the bird?

Reactions: drvenner

I think they underestimate the power of Tony's charm.

I would be pleasantly shocked if the pair committed tonite. It will be at least after breakfast tomorrow if I had to guess. Got to call home I bet.

Very excited for RH pitcher Thomas Crabtree from Pearl River JUCO to play for Tennessee baseball in 2025. In my opinion, Crabtree has the potential to be a weekend starter for Tennessee.

Crabtree started 14 games for Pearl River during the 2024 season and went 10 and 2 with an ERA of 2.96. He struck out 105 in 76 innings with 28 walks. The Collierville native is fulfilling a childhood dream to pitch for the Volunteers.

What is intriguing about Crabtree's potential is his in-game stamina, pitching one complete 9 inning game and taking a perfect game into the 8th inning. He originally committed to ETSU but decided to go to Pearl River JUCO, a perennial top 10 JUCO according to Perfect Game.
(There are 189 D1 JUCO's that play baseball and each school can offer 24 full-ride scholarships).

Welcome home Thomas! I hope you have a fantastic year.

Very excited for RH pitcher Thomas Crabtree from Pearl River JUCO to play for Tennessee baseball in 2025. In my opinion, Crabtree has the potential to be a weekend starter for Tennessee.

Crabtree started 14 games for Pearl River during the 2024 season and went 10 and 2 with an ERA of 2.96. He struck out 105 in 76 innings with 28 walks. The Collierville native is fulfilling a childhood dream to pitch for the Volunteers.

What is intriguing about Crabtree's potential is his in-game stamina, pitching one complete 9 inning game and taking a perfect game into the 8th inning. He originally committed to ETSU but decided to go to Pearl River JUCO, a perennial top 10 JUCO according to Perfect Game.
(There are 189 D1 JUCO's that play baseball and each school can offer 24 full-ride scholarships).

Welcome home Thomas! I hope you have a fantastic year.

Yep, and the cherry on top is Thomas posting this:

A771A800-01B6-4697-8078-8BCD27419504.jpeg

VN Store

Back