2024 Transfer Portal

I would assume Chapman would have to be in the lineup somewhere, so maybe LF or switch Fischer to LF and Chapman to RF
That’ll be different from the past few seasons where we’ve returned some home grown star power , Tony knows talent for sure and will field a good team , that lineup has potential be pretty dang good

You think Rataczak will be wearing orange and white next season? Worried about him and draft
Why take a commit from him then?

He may decide to go pro, but part of me believes the sport guys just made that article to get extra clicks.

Tony doesn’t seem like the guy to go after a transfer, waste resources/time, just for them to go pro.

Lastly, I’d just slide Grimmer into that spot if Rataczak were to get drafted

He may decide to go pro, but part of me believes the sport guys just made that article to get extra clicks.

Tony doesn’t seem like the guy to go after a transfer, waste resources/time, just for them to go pro.

I get what you’re saying (I think he’s not a big of a draft risk) but Tony has accepted commitments the past 2 transfer portal classes from guys that ended up being drafted. I think he takes the gamble of how it would pay off if they were to pass up the draft

I get what you’re saying (I think he’s not a big of a draft risk) but Tony has accepted commitments the past 2 transfer portal classes from guys that ended up being drafted. I think he takes the gamble of how it would pay off if they were to pass up the draft

That’s a little different.

Last year we had a full team of studs, who we knew was coming back. It’s fine to waste time on kids when you already have returners coming back.

Galanie wasn’t beating out Amick nor was he beating out Burke. This coming year, we have who at 3B and 1B?

If I’m Galanie why waste my time just being a DH, or potentially not even playing

See what I’m saying?

Last edited:
Reactions: MississippiVOLS
Different sport but nobody had Dalton Knecht as a draft prospect and he turned into a 1st round draft pick and just got paid, even with himself being considered “old”.
Will be drafted Higher as a 23 year old who has leverage. The guy plays this year and has same type of season as last year and is 24 with no leverage is not worth the squeeze. The guy needs to get what he can now.

Tony goes after guys all the time who may not end up on campus. Both high schoolers and portal guys. You take the commit because you might luck out and actually get them on campus. We took a commit from Galanie and he went pro.

Tony goes after guys all the time who may not end up on campus. Both high schoolers and portal guys. You take the commit because you might luck out and actually get them on campus. We took a commit from Galanie and he went pro.
You should prob reread my last post

That’s a little different.

Last year we had a full team of studs, who we knew was coming back. It’s fine to waste time on kids when you already have returners coming back.

Galanie wasn’t beating out Amick nor was he beating out Burke. This coming year, we have who at 3B and 1B?

If I’m Galanie why waste my time just being a DH, or potentially not even playing

See what I’m saying?
Tony will play the guys who earn the spots. I doubt anyone is promised anything other than a chance. And if Galanie was good enough to get drafted, he would have had a chance to play.

Reactions: Mccage and GenRRN
Per VQ, they “like where we stand” with the Ole Miss duo. Cade Fisher visited Wake Forest yesterday and should now be considered the leader in the recruitment.
Fischers last 3 follows have been Bru, Ensley, and Behnke.

Guessing he got to hangout at the golf thing going on yesterday.

Is there a possibility that an NIL offer might exceed the draft offer??? Enquiring minds ....
That’s always possible, but it’s not really a “get me the most dollars now” type of deal. It has to be what is the best a player projects as far as future earnings. More now may not project to better future earnings.

Will be drafted Higher as a 23 year old who has leverage. The guy plays this year and has same type of season as last year and is 24 with no leverage is not worth the squeeze. The guy needs to get what he can now.
Could someone explain this "leverage" that he has at 23 that he loses at 24? I've seen it referenced several times and not being a "baseball" guy, I don't know what you all are talking about.

Went and looked because I was curious

Jared Wegner got drafted last year 282 and was born 1999, so he was 24.

VN Store

Back