2024 Transfer Portal

Nice!

Are we looking at adding anymore bats or is it just pitching. I think it was last week that McKee mentioned we were looking to add more LHP to replace some of the arms we lost.
I think the focus in the portal has to be pitching now. Although they’ve got some stud arms coming in as freshmen too. And not just the ones who are projected as draft picks.

If he’s drafted, he should leave. He will have zero leverage next year. None. If he’s drafted Round 18 in 2024, he’ll make more money than he’d get in Round 10 in 2025. He has nothing to gain by coming to UT if he’s drafted and everything to lose.

NIL doesn’t make up for that.
Again depends on how much NIL he gets. If he gets 125k from whoever drafts him in rounds 11-20 and can come to UT and make 150k and get instruction and go to UT instead of some low A squad or FCL, he might choose the NIL and UT instead.

Maybe he comes here as he might not care about pro ball and instead wants to be a coach, I mean not all kids want to play baseball for a career, maybe he wants to coach and coming here is his best bet. None of us know the particulars of a player.

Where does Doyle top out on his FB? What are his secondary pitches? Anyone have a scout on him?
Doyle features a 90-94 mph fastball, a lethal breaking ball that comes in at 79-80 mph, and a changeup. Following the win against South Carolina, Coach Bianco offered his thoughts on Doyle’s impressive outing.

Pretty sure 4 of these 5 guys we've added in the portal so far would've been considered the crown jewel of our transfer class 2-3 years ago (definitely if you go further back than that).

Look how far we've come. We aren't just getting 1 or 2 of them, we're getting ALL the elite guys we're targeting.

LSU fans delusionally think they have the best transfer haul. Truth will hit them hard in 2025.

VN Store

Back