2024 Transfer Portal

To give you an idea how imperfect baseball recruiting is - Perfect Game rated the kid #500 in the country coming out of high school. Now two SEC power programs are competing for him two years later.

Last edited:
From the Baseball Forum - RHP Anthony Eyanson from UC/San Diego has been visiting today. We want him. He visited LSU before us.

To give you an idea how imperfect baseball recruiting is - Perfect Game rated the kid #500 in the country coming out of high school. Now two SEC power programs are competing for him two years later.

AJ Russell rated perfect game #500---- Ratings are for star gazers and cash flow..........

Again depends on how much NIL he gets. If he gets 125k from whoever drafts him in rounds 11-20 and can come to UT and make 150k and get instruction and go to UT instead of some low A squad or FCL, he might choose the NIL and UT instead.

Maybe he comes here as he might not care about pro ball and instead wants to be a coach, I mean not all kids want to play baseball for a career, maybe he wants to coach and coming here is his best bet. None of us know the particulars of a player.
The issue is that if he comes here, has an incredible season, gets drafted next year…he 100% will be one of the guys that gets those disgustingly low, way below slot offers. Some teams, like the Angels, are predatory towards mid-round picks. They took a pitcher last year in the 9th round where the slot value was around $200k. They signed him for $1,000. He had no leverage…none. He had to take it or not sign and go play independent ball or something.

Damn Trippie. You want an elite pitcher for every inning. I really like this kid too.

Draft is soon. Tennessee has some lethal arms committed in this class. This pitching staff next season will be
elite.
Im a portal lover lol

If there’s a way to make the team better I’m for it.
Idk, I guess I need to learn to give younger guys a chance

Think it’s just because he isn’t as good as Galanie who also was slightly younger, I think a year younger. And Crawford wasn’t a flight risk because of age. He was a flight risk because he ended up as a 1st Round pick.
I’m not so sure age is that big of a factor these days, unless a guy is like 28.
These players are getting fast tracked through the farm systems like never before.
Gone are the days of playing 4-5 years of minor league ball, before you get a shot at the bigs.

I’m not so sure age is that big of a factor these days, unless a guy is like 28.
These players are getting fast tracked through the farm systems like never before.
Gone are the days of playing 4-5 years of minor league ball, before you get a shot at the bigs.
I agree.

A guy got drafted 282 last year, and he was 24. Granted that’s not high and won’t have any negotiation power, but he could make that up in NIL.

VN Store

Back