2024 Transfer Portal

I get where you’re going, but you do understand that next year first base, second base, third base, left field, and right field and catcher could be portal guys for us. +2 of our top three pitchers.
preacherman, you think Curley stays at SS?
Because I think the kid has a very bright future and am not as sure as everyone else that he moves to 3rd.

I've yet to figure out completely how I feel about the portal. It is a huge part of recruiting. The portal is no different than bringing in freshmen out of HS, juco guys or any others.
I don't get that most UT fans hated Chase for going to WF and yet they don't feel the same about Dallas. I think if you don't like players that don't stay then it should be the same no matter where they go and when they go and how much they played. Mine is if you are not happy here, then go. I won't cheer for you but I probably won't cheer against you either unless we play you. I like the portal from the extent that many get somewhere and realize they made a mistake and don't have to just live with their choice.
You're a great poster, but you're so close to the source it blinds you. Chase was viewed as a star, leader, TN guy who turned his back on us (irrelevant if he did or not, that's the perception). Dallas is a guy who pitched minimal low leverage innings, a lot of casual fans don't even know his name. And I know everyone likes to call these guys kids. Man the **** I went through at 20-21 and no one gave a damn about hurting my feelings. Not sure why Chase or anyone else cares about a few knuckleheads opinions on the Internet for. I don't wish them ill, but I also don't give a crap about any player who isn't a Vol or chooses to stop being a Vol.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeCrush32
Do you have any info on how many position players and arms the staff is pursuing with fervor and a belief they are truly attainable? Not sure HOW you keep attacking BEFORE the MLB draft is done and roster spots are pretty well defined. Hoping for a few pass on the draft surprises with a good mix to fit needs.
🧐

🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: knoxvol52
You're a great poster, but you're so close to the source it blinds you. Chase was viewed as a star, leader, TN guy who turned his back on us (irrelevant if he did or not, that's the perception). Dallas is a guy who pitched minimal low leverage innings, a lot of casual fans don't even know his name. And I know everyone likes to call these guys kids. Man the **** I went through at 20-21 and no one gave a damn about hurting my feelings. Not sure why Chase or anyone else cares about a few knuckleheads opinions on the Internet for. I don't wish them ill, but I also don't give a crap about any player who isn't a Vol or chooses to stop being a Vol.
Take a deep breath bro, it’s not that serious

preacherman, you think Curley stays at SS?
Because I think the kid has a very bright future and am not as sure as everyone else that he moves to 3rd.
I witnessed Correa come up. Was in PR working with someone that watched him grow up in San Isabel. Then the transition to Pena.

Antigua has that smooth cannon and can cover an amazing range.

His bat is better than has been perceived. He will excel.

I witnessed Correa come up. Was in PR working with someone that watched him grow up in San Isabel. Then the transition to Pena.

Antigua has that smooth cannon and can cover an amazing range.

His bat is better than has been perceived. He will excel.
Watching him pre-game the way he “gathers” the ball is special. For us older guys, he has that “it” factor that is undeniable. He does have amazing range, but an aggressive range as well. He never lets the ball play him. Special to watch these next 2 years. Also, lots of respect because he didn’t pout and supported his teammates. No portal for this young man. He’s a VFL.

With the portal commitments, Is there a thread discussing our possible lineup? I'm having trouble figuring out where all the pieces fit, but Im not sure which of the transfers can play in the OF.

With the portal commitments, Is there a thread discussing our possible lineup? I'm having trouble figuring out where all the pieces fit, but Im not sure which of the transfers can play in the OF.
C: Peebs
1B: Rataczak
2B: Kilen
3B: Curley
SS: Ant
LF: Chapman or Backus
CF: Ensley
RF: Fischer

Fischer could also play LF and Chapman/Backus could play RF

I mean you could do

1B: Rat
3B: Fischer
SS: Curley
LF: Backus
RF: Chapman

But you run the risk of losing Ant.

Watching him pre-game the way he “gathers” the ball is special. For us older guys, he has that “it” factor that is undeniable. He does have amazing range, but an aggressive range as well. He never lets the ball play him. Special to watch these next 2 years. Also, lots of respect because he didn’t pout and supported his teammates. No portal for this young man. He’s a VFL.
Another year with Q and next season Ant will look totally different physically than he does now.

I thought Fisher committed, I already had him gone.

There are two guys with the last name Fisher/Fischer we are recruiting with slightly different spellings. I frequently get the spellings mixed up but Cade Fisher is still uncommitted and is a pitcher but Andrew Fischer has commented to us, yes.

There are two guys with the last name Fisher/Fischer we are recruiting with slightly different spellings. I frequently get the spellings mixed up but Cade Fisher is still uncommitted and is a pitcher but Andrew Fischer has commented to us, yes.
For some reason I already had Fisher to WF confirmed...my bad

Reactions: HeadVol77
1B: Rataczak
3B: Curley
SS: Ant
LF: Chapman or Backus
RF: Fischer

Fischer could also play LF and Chapman/Backus could play RF
Taking a stab at batting order (for fun) should this be the lineup. Of course if any of the stud freshman arrive and push, this all goes out the window.

1. Kilen
2. Fischer
3. Curley
4. Rat
5. Ensley
6. Chapman/Backus
7. DH (Bargo?)
8. Ant (I expect his hitting to improve dramatically next year - his spot is a caveat)
9. Peebs

VN Store

Back