2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Part of the reason Reese shut down is because she knew she was out of the running for Rookie of the Year. Reese is proficient at one thing only - rebounding.

Harrison can more than adequately take her place in the lineup if she stays healthy.
oh lord. She did shut down because of that. That’s just stupid to even say.

Reactions: dlhx and madtownvol
I posted a DIRECT QUOTE FROM ANGEL.

Did you graduate?

See, there you go, just like Angel. You’re the one with a race problem, have fun with your miserable life.

From USA TODAY
Angel Reese could have waited, and played through pain. But that would likely come at a great cost, doctors warned.

So one of the top rookies from the 2024 draft decided surgery was the way to go.

Reese, the No. 7 pick by the Chicago Sky and the best rebounder in the league at 13.1 boards per game, announced Sunday that she would miss the remainder of the season.

The culprit: A hairline fracture in her left wrist that, if not treated immediately, could lead to a completely shattered bone.

Maybe you and other detractors should stay the hell out of an athletes medical situation. This latest line of attack on Angel Reese is a new low.

I need a template to make this easier. Rickea had another great first half, has 13 pts on 6-6 shooting against the league's best D. Unfortunately no other Spark can hit the broadside of a barn, although Rae hit a 3 just before halftime. Sparks down by 11.

Twitter's going to go ape bc Curt took RIckea out for a bit early in the 2nd qtr and that's when the Sparks fell behind. But she's played 40 and 38 mins in the last two games and they have another game tomorrow night. She'll probably sit some in the second half, esp if they get way behind. I'm ok w that, she's made her point.

While certain individuals here race to the bottom, CC set an example of decency.

"It's definitely sad whenever you see anyone go down with an injury, especially people that you came into this league with," Clark said Sunday. "You want to see her finish out this year. Obviously, she's had a historic year, and she's done some incredible things.

"For me, getting to play against her, her motor is up there -- if not the best in the league. She just doesn't stop working. I thought she had a tremendous year. I thought she came into the league and really did what she's done well her entire career as long as I've known her. It's really devastating. It's never anything you want to see from a player."

Azuri Stevens had 17 rebounds tonight. Which was good bc Rickea had zero rebs. That's her new area to work on.

Rae has had a struggle since moving into the starting lineup. She was 1-5 shooting and also had no rebs and had 3 t.o.s. Her other starts have been similar. She may need to be the energizer off the bench

Azuri Stevens had 17 rebounds tonight. Which was good bc Rickea had zero rebs. That's her new area to work on.

Rae has had a struggle since moving into the starting lineup. She was 1-5 shooting and also had no rebs and had 3 t.o.s. Her other starts have been similar. She may need to be the energizer off the bench

Coming off the bench has ALWAYS suited Rae better for some reason. Think she just needs to see the game and assess where she can impact before she gets out there.

Of course she was great as a starter at UT as well, but she was one of the best energy/6th man players we’ve ever had. Instant energy and offense.

Coming off the bench has ALWAYS suited Rae better for some reason. Think she just needs to see the game and assess where she can impact before she gets out there.

Of course she was great as a starter at UT as well, but she was one of the best energy/6th man players we’ve ever had. Instant energy and offense.
I just hope it's enough to get her a spot on the team next year. Curt said a while back what he's looking for fm her is offensive efficiency and so far she hasn't been able to bring that.

Not sure Rae's offseason plan, usually plays overseas then AAU.

Rickea vs Jordy tonight, close game throughout, as so many times this season the Sparks fought valiantly in their 3rd game in 4 days but came up short 90-82. Same two teams play in Seatlle Sunday.

Rickea had another great game, 22 pts, 7 rebs, 3 assists. Rae had a very good game w 14 pts but missed some crucial fts late in the game. Both Rickea and Rae shot over 50%.

Jordy played 12 mins, had 2 pts 6 rebs, 2 assists in that time which is very good production. But Gabby Williams has at least halved Jordy's playing time. She and RIckea guarded ea other some. Mercedes played 10 mins, had no points or rebounds.

Last edited:

Remember when Lou Brown just blasted Kellie and the staff when she left? Said they laughed at her mistakes and made clear they were only playing for the future that year. It was odd bc it sounded so unlike them and she's the only player I've known of (and there may be some I don't know about) who left w really bad feelings. Her new teammates, Jordy and TK both adored KJH. Maybe they just won't talk about it lol.

Remember when Lou Brown just blasted Kellie and the staff when she left? Said they laughed at her mistakes and made clear they were only playing for the future that year. It was odd bc it sounded so unlike them and she's the only player I've known of (and there may be some I don't know about) who left w really bad feelings. Her new teammates, Jordy and TK both adored KJH. Maybe they just won't talk about it lol.

And I believe her. Pretty obvious that camp played favorites to the Nth degree.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I was always hopeful that the main laughing culprit was maybe one who ended up leaving Tennessee, and that it was a hard-but-well-learned lesson learned by everyone else. We may never know, but it was certainly the worst thing I remember hearing about a Lady Vols staff.

Actually, my main hope was that it was somehow a huge misunderstanding/misinterpretation of body language or simply a projection of her own insecurities during a badly timed laughing moment.

But Lou was really angry, so she was very likely to have had good reason. I was angry FOR Lou and was glad she spoke out. And like I said, I was hopeful that her having spoken out taught not only our staff, but others, too, who heard the story to not be immature, insensitive idiots around their players.

VN Store

Back