2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

DP called out to the man. "Where are you? Why do you hide?" The man replied "I was afraid, because we were watching the Fever play on the HDTV in the den."

DP asked "Why would you do this? Angel posted five new photos to Instagram, why did you not look at that instead?" The man replied "It was because of the woman! She turned the game on!"

And DP said to the woman "What have you done?" And the woman replied, "ESPN tricked me! That is why I watched Caitlyn Clark miss a triple-double by one rebound against the Mercury."

Are you ok Dark Phoenix? Nobody cares about CC? Only sellouts just about anywhere she has played the last 2 years. And I could go on and on, but you won't listen because every argument with you has to be an AR vs CC discussion. And why AR is better or ignored or judged. It's not mentally healthy to be so adamant against CC, when she clearly has numerous fans. I personally like watching CC and AR play, so I don't need any AR hating from you. Reading your post for a few months or so now has me worried for your mental health. Or your getting paid somehow to defend AR at every single turn.
Well, this lecture should go both ways because the other main poster in this discussion is equally adamant in condemning AR and promoting CC as the savior of all that is holy.

This thread is a classic train wreck scenario, you don't want to look at the carnage but it is just too tantalizing to ignore.

Sad, how little discussion is being devoted to former LVs in the W, particularly Rickea and Jordan, but I suppose this board reflects the broader trend in media coverage.

Last edited:
Sad, how little discussion is being devoted to former LVs in the W, particularly Rickea and Jordan, but I suppose this board reflects the broader trend in media coverage.
It's a problem that their games are generally on late, like 10 p.m., and because they don't feature either of the annoited ones, they're usually only available on League Pass.

Diamond and Izzy are on regular TV alot more, because in spite of claims that Angel's light gets hidden under a bushel, Sky games tend to make networks.

It's a problem that their games are generally on late, like 10 p.m., and because they don't feature either of the annoited ones, they're usually only available on League Pass.

Diamond and Izzy are on regular TV alot more, because in spite of claims that Angel's light gets hidden under a bushel, Sky games tend to make networks.
The only games Diamond and Izzy have on ABC/ESPN/CBS are against Indiana, they aren’t featured much at all. And no they don’t promote Reese unless it’s Indiana, I’m the one watching so I can see it.

Dear God. Saint Angel. And next she'll cure cancer and deliver a puppy, a coke, and a smile to all children everywhere.

Like most things, you could look at this both ways: she is a one of a kind generational rebounder, on the other hand, that's because she provides herself so very many opportunities:
BTW, she and Kamilla do wrestle for the rebound here, so much for St. Angel giving it up to teammates. No big deal, it happens, and certainly part of AR's dogged relentlessness on the glass. That she emerges from these scrums w the ball is incredible, It sure ain't pretty tho.

I am getting more and more on board with Angel Reese. (She did bring me a cute puppy and an ice-cold coke btw, what a gal !!!l).

Angel is listed at 6'3 -165 pounds and Rickea is listed at 6'2 - 175 pounds. I am actually shocked that Rickea presumably has 10 pounds on Reese. In terms of athletic gifts, however, they are not in the same universe. Yet, Angel is having the bigger impact as a rookie., Sure different systems and coaches but Reese has found a way to play that translates game in game out. Dennis Rodman is the closest analogue I can think of. She fully commits to rebounding and has knack for making off-balance, "how did that go in?" shots. Ceaseless energy and "I will kill my family to get that rebound" determination is a talent. Kinesthically, she clearly knows to leverage her body and has great timing and anticipation (a talent necessary to be a great rebounder).

Unfortunately, the conversation around Angel and Caitlin has been distorted by a martyr/victim/savior complex and that is carrying on in this board.

No matter how you cut it, though, Reese and Clark are having impressive rookie seasons even though, according to some, there is a global media conspiracy against Reese and the Fever's coach inexplicably spends her evenings constructing diabolical plans to keep Clark from succeeding.

I am getting more and more on board with Angel Reese. (She did bring me a cute puppy and an ice-cold coke btw, what a gal !!!l).

Angel is listed at 6'3 -165 pounds and Rickea is listed at 6'2 - 175 pounds. I am actually shocked that Rickea presumably has 10 pounds on Reese. In terms of athletic gifts, however, they are not in the same universe. Yet, Angel is having the bigger impact as a rookie., Sure different systems and coaches but Reese has found a way to play that translates game in game out. Dennis Rodman is the closest analogue I can think of. She fully commits to rebounding and has knack for making off-balance, "how did that go in?" shots. Ceaseless energy and "I will kill my family to get that rebound" determination is a talent. Kinesthically, she clearly knows to leverage her body and has great timing and anticipation (a talent necessary to be a great rebounder).

Unfortunately, the conversation around Angel and Caitlin has been distorted by a martyr/victim/savior complex and that is carrying on in this board.

No matter how you cut it, though, Reese and Clark are having impressive rookie seasons even though, according to some, there is a global media conspiracy against Reese and the Fever's coach inexplicably spends her evenings constructing diabolical plans to keep Clark from succeeding.
Why even compare Reese and Rickea, Clark has nowhere the athletic gifts as Rickea, and that’s not even close. Compare the top picks in the draft, no reason to compare someone that’s not good and picked 7th.

Last edited:
Well, this lecture should go both ways because the other main poster in this discussion is equally adamant in condemning AR and promoting CC as the savior of all that is holy.

This thread is a classic train wreck scenario, you don't want to look at the carnage but it is just too tantalizing to ignore.

I read this board daily and just was done reading over and over and over the same spiel. Should have just kept reading or skimming posts and let it be. That won't be a problem though as I have ignored some posters today.

I agree I have posted about Rickea, Jordan, even some Rae, Izzy, and Diamond. With little to zero replies. Would be nice to have a little more LV in the W discussion.

I read this board daily and just was done reading over and over and over the same spiel. Should have just kept reading or skimming posts and let it be. That won't be a problem though as I have ignored some posters today.

I agree I have posted about Rickea, Jordan, even some Rae, Izzy, and Diamond. With little to zero replies. Would be nice to have a little more LV in the W discussion.

I’ve been leaving our girls out of it because you bring them up and someone wants to bring up AR. I’m not here for it. Everytime I have mentioned Rickea here or on Twitter someone starts word vomitting about Angel.

I post about Rickea and Rae when I see something, but someone needs to bring up Clark in every post for some reason, I’m not here for it. The word vomit about Clark is nauseating.

I’ve been leaving our girls out of it because you bring them up and someone wants to bring up AR. I’m not here for it. Everytime I have mentioned Rickea here or on Twitter someone starts word vomitting about Angel.
…and there you go.

More 💩
Edit: just to be clear, DP got in a swipe before I could get the post up.

Where is Husky Nan when you need her?

Last edited:
Why even compare Reese and Rickea, Clark has nowhere the athletic gifts as Rickea, and that’s not even close. Compare the top picks in the draft, no reason to compare someone that’s not good and picked 7th.

Expectations were that Clark would have a major impact as a rookie. Her shooting range and passing abilities give her some skill edges over Rickea. Rickea and Angel both do most of their work in the paint and expectations were that Rickea (4th round pick) would have more immediate impact than Angel (7th pick).

Despite your snarky comment, the 7th pick overall is not low and indicates a lot of people thought she would be a good player. Time to drop the victim narrative

So, I think the comparison is legit and more so than one between PG Caitlin Clark and PF Angel Reese.

But I am trying to understand your position. You don't like post that are disparaging toward AR (understandable) and you don't like people making favorable comparisons in regard to AR (less understandable).

…and there you go.

More 💩
Edit: just to be clear, DP got in a swipe before I could get the post up.

Where is Husky Nan when you need her?

I am going to exit this train wreck. I am convinced that the two primary protagonist posters are both tweener or teenage girls for a whom a reasoned discussion of their respective heroes is impossible.

But I should remind that Nostradamus's last prediction was that two WNBA players, linked by a media frenzy over John Cena's "you can't see me" gesture, would bring about Armageddon. The end is nye upon us!

VN Store

Back