2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Expectations were that Clark would have a major impact as a rookie. Her shooting range and passing abilities give her some skill edges over Rickea. Rickea and Angel both do most of their work in the paint and expectations were that Rickea (4th round pick) would have more immediate impact than Angel (7th pick).

Despite your snarky comment, the 7th pick overall is not low and indicates a lot of people thought she would be a good player. Time to drop the victim narrative

So, I think the comparison is legit and more so than one between PG Caitlin Clark and PF Angel Reese.

But I am trying to understand your position. You don't like post that are disparaging toward AR (understandable) and you don't like people making favorable comparisons in regard to AR (less understandable).
The issue I have is when someone is talking about a player and decides to bring up Reese in a negative way, just leave her out of it. I still think Rickea has the most upside of any player in this draft class. I can say that without diminishing another player. They say Reese was the 7th pick so she wasn’t good, so keep it that way and not mention her at all, just focus on the players at the top of the draft. And this isn’t directed at u, because for the most part I think you’re pretty neutral.

Reactions: madtownvol
Warning: This story may be upsetting to the AR obsessed. in extreme cases, this content may cause death.

I don’t think Reese supporters care about a rigged award, the only award i want her to get is WNBA Finals MVP, because that means she won another championship. just like in college she didn’t care about POTY, but she got the most important prize which was the Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four. With that said she won’t be winning any championships anytime soon with this roster.

Last edited:
Fun game with Aces and Fever so far.

There are some players out there than can flat score the Ball.

Wilson, Clark, Pulm, Clark and Mitchell are some of the best scorers in recent NCAA memory. Fun to watch!

Reactions: lvocd
Reactions: knoxvol52

Jewell called Jordy her lil homie on insta earlier. Think their relationship is super cute albeit with high expectations. Cant imagine a better situation for Jordy.

….hmmm. Friendz with privileges=super cute? I’m trying here @brittanica. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

…redons flak jacket and helmet… dives for bunker…

Not sure the Sparks will win another game all season, certainly not before the break. Led by 12 going into the 4th qtr and lost by 2. After 3 solid qtrs, no one could hit a shot in the 4th and no one could get a stop.

Rickea had 12 pts, 5 rebs, and 4 assists. Shot very well the first three qtrs, though like always went long stretchs without getting a shot, Had some really nice assists. Then late in the game when the Sparks desperately needed a bucket, got to the rim a couple of times and couldn't finish, ended up shooting 5-12. Also as always, played pretty good D except a few notable times when she got cooked, as did everyone on the Sparks. They live in mismatch hell, like Rickea trying to guard Steph Dolson on a pnr.

RJ plays very well in spurts but is struggling to find consistency and is clearly frustrated. To be fair, that's hard to do in an offense as haphazard as the Sparks. Same for Rae, she had the big 3 shown above, 1 reb and a block in 14 mins but also struggled to guard bigger players. Maybe when Stephens comes back, which is supposed to be any day it will get better. Meanwhile it's a painful slog.

Had to laugh at the feature on Kia Nurse as an Olympian. Magical for her to have been born in Canada bc she is barely good enough at this point for a bad college team. Her clumsey late turnovers cost the Sparks any chance to win this game.

Chennedy Carter and Djoni Carrington got screwed big time being left off the All Star team. Carter has been unstoppable and is clearly the Sky's best player and the reason they've been winning some lately. Ezi Magladore of the Storm has a beef about it too.

Both Boston and Mitchell rode in on CC's coattails. Neither has had anything approaching an All Star season, both wildly inconsistent.

Last edited:
Reactions: brittannica
Not sure the Sparks will win another game all season, certainly not before the break. Led by 12 going into the 4th qtr and lost by 2. After 3 solid qtrs, no one could hit a shot in the 4th and no one could get a stop.

Rickea had 12 pts, 5 rebs, and 4 assists. Shot very well the first three qtrs, though like always went long stretchs without getting a shot, Had some really nice assists. Then late in the game when the Sparks desperately needed a bucket, got to the rim a couple of times and couldn't finish, ended up shooting 5-12. Also as always, played pretty good D except a few notable times when she got cooked, as did everyone on the Sparks. They live in mismatch hell, like Rickea trying to guard Steph Dolson on a pnr.

RJ plays very well in spurts but is struggling to find consistency and is clearly frustrated. To be fair, that's hard to do in an offense as haphazard as the Sparks. Same for Rae, she had the big 3 shown above, 1 reb and a block in 14 mins but also struggled to guard bigger players. Maybe when Stephens comes back, which is supposed to be any day it will get better. Meanwhile it's a painful slog.

Had to laugh at the feature on Kia Nurse as an Olympian. Magical for her to have been born in Canada bc she is barely good enough at this point for a bad college team. Her clumsey late turnovers cost the Sparks any chance to win this game.
You saw exactly what I saw...

Reactions: glv98
You saw exactly what I saw...
RJ came into the game with a mandate to cut to the basket, and did it successfully in the first half. Also did so in the second half and was literally begging for the ball several times and didn't get it. Got frustrated and showed it a little and who could blame her? Arri McDonald is playing pretty well, but other than that, the Sparks guards just keep getting worse. Cook, Clarendon, and Nurse are just flat out awful,

Also the Sparks' vets, Hamby, Nurse, and Talbot all missed some critical free throws, a sign of a team who has forgotten how to win.

Last edited:

At this point Nurse has no business in the league. Hasn’t for years. The other guards that have been cut this season are considerably better.

Sparks could use a player like Kysre Gondrezik in a bad way. At least she can hit a shot and handle the ball.

Still think Miller will be gone next season. A lot of these owners are going to see a small profit for the first time ever. Now is the time to capitalize.

Building their game plan around Hamby was just bad business as well. She’s got a high motor but she’s an elevated role player at best. They have to run so much offense to get her in a position to score that they never get in a flow. She really can’t create on her own.

LA needs a new coach, rework their guards and run a lot more through Jackson. She’s efficient and can create her own shot with ease.

Last edited:
RJ came into the game with a mandate to cut to the basket, and did it successfully in the first half. Also did so in the second half and was literally begging for the ball several times and didn't get it. Got frustrated and showed it a little and who could blame her? Arri McDonald is playing pretty well, but other than that, the Sparks guards just keep getting worse. Cook, Clarendon, and Nurse are just flat out awful,

Also the Sparks' vets, Hamby, Nurse, and Talbot all missed some critical free throws, a sign of a team who has forgotten how to win.
Sparks need to revamp their line-up in the off season. They are mirroring the Lakers who have some good "pieces" but few that actually fit together.

Sparks need to revamp their line-up in the off season. They are mirroring the Lakers who have some good "pieces" but few that actually fit together.
The way their offseason went, I'd swear Bad Luck Kellie was lurking around there somewhere. According to Miller, Nneka leaving was a complete surprise. Then Julie Allemand, their new PG1, hurt her ankle playing in Belguim and decided to take the whole year off. Next Azuri Stevens, starting center, hurt her arm playing in China and hasn't played yet. Then Cam went down. Now Lexie Brown has had a recurrence of her Crohn's and is out indefinitely.

First they have to see the roster they thought they were going to have. Then for sure some serious revamping needs to happen. Biggest need is both guards. Paige B would be a good start. Along w RJ and Cam, that would be a strong and exciting young core.

Miller loves Hamby and Talbot so they're going nowhere. Nurse, Clarendon and Brown need to retire. Li is a good backup piece and Rae is a good utility player. Zia Cook just hasn't panned out, may have a hard time sticking it out in the league.

The way their offseason went, I'd swear Bad Luck Kellie was lurking around there somewhere. According to Miller, Nneka leaving was a complete surprise. Then Julie Allemand, their new PG1, hurt her ankle playing in Belguim and decided to take the whole year off. Next Azuri Stevens, starting center, hurt her arm playing in China and hasn't played yet. Then Cam went down. Now Lexie Brown has had a recurrence of her Crohn's and is out indefinitely.

First they have to see the roster they thought they were going to have. Then for sure some serious revamping needs to happen. Biggest need is both guards. Paige B would be a good start. Along w RJ and Cam, that would be a strong and exciting young core.

Miller loves Hamby and Talbot so they're going nowhere. Nurse, Clarendon and Brown need to retire. Li is a good backup piece and Rae is a good utility player. Zia Cook just hasn't panned out, may have a hard time sticking it out in the league.
I really don’t like Hamby on this team, maybe make her a viable in the expansion draft. I think they need to go full youth movement and let them grow together. Rickea, Brink and get Paige or Kiki and build from there. Rickea won’t reach her full potential with Hamby being the focal point of the offense.

I really don’t like Hamby on this team, maybe make her a viable in the expansion draft. I think they need to go full youth movement and let them grow together. Rickea, Brink and get Paige or Kiki and build from there. Rickea won’t reach her full potential with Hamby being the focal point of the offense.
They already extended Hamby for next year. IMO it's not Hamby that holds Rickea back, it's those dang guards. I think Rickea and Hamby can co-exist if the guards could run a coherent offense.

I love KiKi and that would be great, but they need guards first and foremost.

Yes along with Rori Harmon and Georgia Amoore. But Paige is the only one not undersized.
Forgot about Harmon, I really like her.Now she does have injury history though. Hard pass on Amoore, she's way to small and not quick enough to make up for it.

Doesn't have to be a draftee, I'd take an experienced quality PG via trade or something.

They already extended Hamby for next year. IMO it's not Hamby that holds Rickea back, it's those dang guards. I think Rickea and Hamby can co-exist if the guards could run a coherent offense.

I love KiKi and that would be great, but they need guards first and foremost.
But can she still be made a is me in the expansion draft with the extension. The guards are the problem but they could be taking instructions from the coach. That’s why they need to clean house, is they take Kiki they can still get a guard in free agency, Hamby is better suited for a veteran team, if she’s the teams best player they won’t be going anywhere.

Reactions: glv98

VN Store

Back