2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

But can she still be made a is me in the expansion draft with the extension. The guards are the problem but they could be taking instructions from the coach. That’s why they need to clean house, is they take Kiki they can still get a guard in free agency, Hamby is better suited for a veteran team, if she’s the teams best player they won’t be going anywhere.
Don't they pick five players to protect fm the expansion draft?

Paige is the one I do not think will be very successful in the W.

She is weak and has never improved that part of her game. Too spindly and easy to knock off her spot.

People talk like Clark isn’t strong, but she’s incredibly strong. I’m not sure if you’ve ever shot a 30’ jumper, but it isn’t easy lol. The power in your legs required is sizable.

Harmon is too small for the W as is Amoore, they’ll fizzle out like Dangerfield and other small guards. League is just too big and too physical for players that size unless the start calling games differently.

Paige is the one I do not think will be very successful in the W.

She is weak and has never improved that part of her game. Too spindly and easy to knock off her spot.

People talk like Clark isn’t strong, but she’s incredibly strong. I’m not sure if you’ve ever shot a 30’ jumper, but it isn’t easy lol. The power in your legs required is sizable.

Harmon is too small for the W as is Amoore, they’ll fizzle out like Dangerfield and other small guards. League is just too big and too physical for players that size unless the start calling games differently.
Here you go again, talking about something you know nothing about. Paige has put on a lot of muscle while she was rehabbing. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there. If you really watched her last year, and I know you haven't, you could see the difference when she mixed it up in the paint. She played the 4 last year on defense, going against some of the best forwards in the game. She led the team in blocked shots, and either first or second in steals. She will make it big in the W, and BTW, why do you consistently comment about things you know NOTHING about. If you want to criticize a player, why don't you watch that player play instead of giving opinions that don't make sense. Great point guards are hard to find at any level, and you won't find a better all-around guard in the college game today. If she remains healthy, teams will be salivating to get her next year in the draft.

I don’t think we ( most of us anyway) are any different.
I guess the difference is that they come to a hated (former) rival's board and actually expect the fans here to adore their players. If Tennessee fans are going over to the Boneyard and expecting Husky fans to wax poetic about Lady Vol players, then that would be equally ridiculous.

I understand you are the head priest of the Church of Caitlin but this post borders on gaslighting.

We have all seen CC getting rag dolled and muscled off the ball in all of her WNBA games. She is not "incredibly strong."

You know, she shot, 1-7 from the three against the ACES and most of those misses came up short, which generally indicates a lack of lift in the legs. Some of that is fatigue but everyone, including Clark, realizes, she has to add some strength in the off season.

Clark does not have any mid-range game. That lack makes Clark so much easier to defend. At 6'0 she should be able to shoot over a lot of defenders from 8-12 ft but she can't get a shot off. When she adds that dimension, she will become a more effective scorer.

Clark's plus/minus against the Vegas was -19. Let me repeat that -19.

The one thing she does well, very well, is pass the ball. Her TOs are inflated because she has teammates who have hands of stone and her assist totals are lower than they should because she has some teammates who can't make a lay-up.

But her defense is really weak, though she is good at getting into the passing lanes, and her shooting remains subpar. It is almost to the point, without her rep, that teams would be daring her to beat them from the 3.

Paige B. will do fine in the league. As it stands in comparison to CC, she has a better handle, a better mid range game, and is comparable 3 pt shooter in terms of accuracy. She will probably struggle defensively as well in the W.

If there was an arm wrestling match between the Paige and Caitlin, it would be close but I think Paige would, right now, eek out the win.

Last edited:
I understand you are the head priest of the Church of Caitlin but this post borders on gaslighting.

We have all seen CC getting rag dolled and muscled off the ball in all of her WNBA games. She is not "incredibly strong."

You know, she shot, 1-7 from the three against the ACES and most of those misses came up short, which generally indicates a lack of lift in the legs. Some of that is fatigue but everyone, including Clark, realizes, she has to add some strength in the off season.

Clark does not have any mid-range game. That lack makes Clark so much easier to defend. At 6'0 she should be able to shoot over a lot of defenders from 8-12 ft but she can't get a shot off. When she adds that dimension, she will become a more effective scorer.

The one thing she does well, very well, is pass the ball. Her TOs are inflated because she has teammates who have hands of stone and her assist totals are lower than they should because she has some teammates who can't make a lay-up.

But her defense is really weak, though she is good at getting into the passing lanes, and he shooting remains subpar. It is almost to the point, without her rep, that teams would be daring her to beat them from the 3.

Paige B. will do fine in the league. As it stands in comparison to CC, she has a better handle, a better mid range game, and is comparable 3 pt shooter in terms of accuracy. She will probably struggle defensively as well in the W.

If there was an arm wrestling match between the Paige and Caitlin, it would be close but I think Paige would, right now, eek out the win.

You are such a gasbag. It’s always just too much. 😂

But her defense is really weak, though she is good at getting into the passing lanes, and her shooting remains subpar. It is almost to the point, without her rep, that teams would be daring her to beat them from the 3.

If there was an arm wrestling match between the Paige and Caitlin, it would be close but I think Paige would, right now, eke out the win.
Thank you for taking the time to compose a relevant, well reasoned and fact based response. 🙏😎

Thank you for taking the time to compose a relevant, well reasoned and fact based response. 🙏😎

Relevant to what? I never mentioned the game with the Aces in the post. Rambling in response to something she doesn’t agree with doesn’t make it relevant.

The original post pointed out that it requires significant strength to regularly shoot jumpers form 30’. She’s 40% from that distance. Cumulative stats > one game.

I maintain Bueckers is brittle and too spindly. We’ve hardly seen her play against physical teams. When she does, she gets wooled around like a rag doll.

Clark’s lazy defense needs to stop though.

Relevant to what? I never mentioned the game with the Aces in the post. Rambling in response to something she doesn’t agree with doesn’t make it relevant.

The original post pointed out that it requires significant strength to regularly shoot jumpers form 30’. She’s 40% from that distance. Cumulative stats > one game.

I maintain Bueckers is brittle and too spindly. We’ve hardly seen her play against physical teams. When she does, she gets wooled around like a rag doll.

Clark’s lazy defense needs to stop though.
Oh, so you can read!! Congrats.

If by 40% from 3 point land, you mean 33.7% then you are correct. Clark is shooting 39% from the 2 pt. sphere (the same as Angel Reese by the way, though in AR's case you offered her shooting % as evidence of being offensively incompetent).

The Aces game was very relevant. CC was shut down defensively and could not make a shot against a quality opponent and that has been her MO against all the elite teams in the league.

Her "incredible strength" does not seem to make these trips.

Last edited:
Oh, so you can read!! Congrats.

If by 40% from 3 point land, you mean 33.7% then you are correct. Clark is shooting 39% from the 2 pt. sphere (the same as Angel Reese by the way, though in AR's case you offered her shooting as evidence of being offensively incompetent).

The Aces game was very relevant. CC was shut down defensively and could not make a shot against a quality opponent and that has been her MO against all the elite teams in the league.

Her "incredible strength" does not seem to make these trips.

😴

VN Store

Back