2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Have to give Steph Talbot props. Big ones. That’s the most the Sparks have looked like an actual lineup. McDonald Rae. Rickea Talbot Hamby. Now if they can all play 35 mins a night.

Have to give Steph Talbot props. Big ones. That’s the most the Sparks have looked like an actual lineup. McDonald Rae. Rickea Talbot Hamby. Now if they can all play 35 mins a night.

Miller wouldn’t even be playing her if not for other injuries. He plays favorites terrible. Idk why he continues to favor Nurse over Burrell

Oh, so you can read!! Congrats.

If by 40% from 3 point land, you mean 33.7% then you are correct. Clark is shooting 39% from the 2 pt. sphere (the same as Angel Reese by the way, though in AR's case you offered her shooting % as evidence of being offensively incompetent).

The Aces game was very relevant. CC was shut down defensively and could not make a shot against a quality opponent and that has been her MO against all the elite teams in the league.

Her "incredible strength" does not seem to make these trips.
19/13/12 and a win over the best team in the league. Yawn.

19/13/12 and a win over the best team in the league. Yawn.
Thank God that Clark got her triple double. The very fate of Western civilization was hanging in the balance.

She had a really good first half. Her 2nd half regressed to her season averages (actually below)-- finishing 3 for 12 from 3 and 7 for 17 is not efficient.

I enjoy watching Clark play but my identity is not vested in her so I can more or less objectively evaluate her performance.

She did some things very well. She ran the offense effectively, made some great passes and only had 4 TOs.

Also, she hit a little turn around jumper in the lane over Sabrina. I think that is a new move for her. If she can do that consistently, that will be a great wrinkle to add to her game

She is having a really good rookie season and that was big win for the Fever.

Sorry I had to use words here. I could not find a picture to capture this assessment.

PS,

What about Coach Side hating Clark and doing everything in her power to keep CC from attaining a world changing triple double?

Last edited:
She has a really good first half. Her 2nd half regressed to her season averages (actually below)-- finishing 3 for 12 from 3 and 7 for 17 is not efficient.
This is actually debatable IMO, as the bar for "efficiency" is lower for someone who shoots a lot of 3s. True shooting percentage and effective field goal percentage do more to take 3s and FTs into account; her 53% TS% from that game would be about league average and her 50% eFG% would be more efficient than average

Jordy's Storm playing the Sky again, lost to them Friday night. Jordy had a good offensive game then, 20 pts, but got pretty cooked trying to guard Chennedy Carter, who had 33. Rematch today. Storm off to slow start, Carter and Reese doing damage already, Storm down 8-2 early. Hope better things happen going forward

RJ's Sparks play the Mercury at 7. Both these games on League Pass only

VN Store

Back