2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Storm has looked terrible out the gate the last two games. Just no energy at all.

Nneka needs to start brining it.

Thank God that Clark got her triple double. The very fate of Western civilization was hanging in the balance.

She had a really good first half. Her 2nd half regressed to her season averages (actually below)-- finishing 3 for 12 from 3 and 7 for 17 is not efficient.

I enjoy watching Clark play but my identity is not vested in her so I can more or less objectively evaluate her performance.

She did some things very well. She ran the offense effectively, made some great passes and only had 4 TOs.

Also, she hit a little turn around jumper in the lane over Sabrina. I think that is a new move for her. If she can do that consistently, that will be a great wrinkle to add to her game

She is having a really good rookie season and that was big win for the Fever.

Sorry I had to use words here. I could not find a picture to capture this assessment.

PS,

What about Coach Side hating Clark and doing everything in her power to keep CC from attaining a world changing triple double?

She threatens your personhood, clearly 😂😂😂😂

Horston still does some head scratching things. Both with her passing and on defense.

I love her so much, but it’s still so frustrating to watch.

Reactions: glv98
Whitcomb is one of my favorite shooters of all time. She is absolute draino on big shot threes. Such a competitor and a beautiful shooting stroke.

Jordy's Storm playing the Sky again, lost to them Friday night. Jordy had a good offensive game then, 20 pts, but got pretty cooked trying to guard Chennedy Carter, who had 33. Rematch today. Storm off to slow start, Carter and Reese doing damage already, Storm down 8-2 early. Hope better things happen going forward

RJ's Sparks play the Mercury at 7. Both these games on League Pass only
Was 20 a career high for Jordy?

Terrible first quarter, someone take the lid off the basket. RIckea 1-5, 3 pts a reb and an assist, Rae 0-4, no other stats. Sparks fouling nonstop. Azuri Stevens played a bit and Crystal Dangerfield is now playing for the Sparks.

Was BG always this slow?

Seatlle has pulled ahead by 10 late in the third against the Sky

Reactions: VolBall09
Great to see Azurá Stevens active today, she’s had such a tough time with injury over her career. Has Jonquel Jones type potential but just can’t stay healthy for an extended period.

Terrible first quarter, someone take the lid off the basket. RIckea 1-5, 3 pts a reb and an assist, Rae 0-4, no other stats. Sparks fouling nonstop. Azuri Stevens played a bit and Crystal Dangerfield is now playing for the Sparks.

Was BG always this slow?

Seatlle has pulled ahead by 10 late in the third against the Sky

No, BG has been noticeably slower to me this season. I think she may be having trouble with her knees. I’m wondering if this might be it for her.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see her and DT retire together next season. Especially if they win Gold in the Olympics.

A home game for the Sparks against a Mercury missing two starters/top scorers and they are losing. I'm glad I can't actually see this game. Ugh.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A home game for the Sparks against a Mercury missing two starters/top scorers and they are losing. I'm glad I can't actually see this game. Ugh.
Shooting misery and lots of fouls. In addition to being 1-6, Rickea just missed 2 fts. She's getting some good shots, not going down. Sparks just lost Steph Talbot too.

Rickea w 5 quick pts and an assist and Sparks are only down 2.

Much better qtr for RJ and the Sparks, they truly never quit. Down 3 at halftime, RJ has 10 pts on 3-8 shooting, 3 reb 2 assists and props fm announcers for D effort and energy, which is always a plus. Azuri Stevens has looked good.

When RIckea's shot starts falling the way we know it usually does, she's going to take off as a regular 18-20 pt scorer. She's also making some really nice passes.

Rae had a rough stint, hopefully better in the second. Sure hope Talbot's injury isn't serious, she was just announced on the Australian Olympic team.

Should be an interesting second half.

Last edited:
Storm about to wrap it up against the Sky.

Carter 7-21, Arike-like numbers. Must have been much better Storm D against her in the second half.

Angel got her record double double. But you know, the media won't promote it at all, right?

Jordy with the fours, 4 pts, 4 rebs, 4 assists, and a steal.

Last edited:
Storm about to wrap it up against the Sky.

Carter 7-21, Arike-like numbers. Must have been much better Storm D against her in the second half.

Angel got her record double double. But you know, the media won't promote it at all, right?

She took herself out of the game mentally. She was having a hard time guarding Jewel Lloyd in the third quarter, committed a Flagrant 1 hitting Lloyd in the head on a breakaway play. She was effectively “out of it” after that.

She took herself out of the game mentally. She was having a hard time guarding Jewel Lloyd in the third quarter, committed a Flagrant 1 hitting Lloyd in the head on a breakaway play. She was effectively “out of it” after that.
Carter's head is a work in progress I'm sure. TSpoon has done a great job keeping her under control most of the time so far. Before she couldn't even stay on a team much less contribute on the floor.

I mean we've been told numerous times individual accomplishments mean nothing if you don't win a championship. Right? Think Angel and the Sky can pull it off?

I mean we've been told numerous times individual accomplishments mean nothing if you don't win a championship. Right? Think Angel and the Sky can pull it off?
i said that about awards that are voted on, but Championships override everything in my opinion. I don’t care if the Sky win a championship because that not my team, but if I go on her track record in say the last 8 years winning 4 championships, I would guess at some point she will get it done. she won’t need a stacked team with 3-4 All Stars to do it either, just a little more help and I'm sure she can bring them a trophy.

VN Store

Back