2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Surprise! Carter had a lil sumpin waiting on he ex teammate Mabry. At 25, CC is able to change a little, but far fm completely. She resorts to dirty at the drop of a hat. Not sure how this doesn't get punished by the league:

Other things that don't change: Angel gets her umpteenth double double, another astonishing 20 rebs (yes many off her own misses), but then there's this. She was 3-12, got most of her pts at the ft line (where's she decent) and still can't hit a layup. And is also still who she , she actually hit a "too small" at Thomas after a pitful offensive performance. And the Sky lost, but in a good, close game.

Good game tonight btw Indy and Minny. The Lynx drubbed the Aces (a shell of their former selves) for the second straight time last night. Fabulous Naphessa Collier has been incredible lately, giving Aja Wilson at least a stir in MVP talk. If by MVP you mean player with the best stats, it's clearly Wilson. But helping their team succeed more? Therefore more valuable? That's Collier right now.

Curt boosts her like crazy in interviews lately, see the one I linked a few posts above. He also runs plays for her, just not consistently and esp at the end of games. He says he calls plays in those situations but they usually don't get run and the guards resort to panic chucking. But he doesn't bother to call time out and force them to run the plays that would get the ball in her hands in late game situations. Last night was just a brutal example of that.

Curt praised Rickea's first half effusively in post game, said he realized her only getting 2 or 3 shots the second half was crazy. Then resorted to the usual - gotta continue to play good D when O not going well. Last night was the closest I've seen them come to an outright tank job. He let it happen in the 4th qtr without intervention.

This one seemed to really get to Rickea, who gets brought to postgame every game lately. She mumbled through a couple of answers but basically couldn't even raise her eyes. Clearly crushed and exhausted with all of it. Another game in Dallas Sunday, another bounce back opportunity with a game that's marginally winnable on paper. The first half sure was fun, like the old days.
Yea lately it’s like we been knew what she could do could’ve sworn he stayed in Knox for a week and a couple games to see so he knows/knew..I know Hamby comes 1st but kea was trying on D end she just wasn’t getting the right touches on O so idk Curt weird

And kea isn’t used to losing like this and the game was a lil more physical than usual but yea just send encouraging words to her she’ll get through it hopefully a win tomorrow🤞🏾

I hope she has a lot of love around her. She deserved better in college, and deserves better now. She’s the best player on that team.
I've seen pics of her Mom at a few games, so I think she's around fm time to time. Sparks play in Dallas tomorrow, last time they were there Jewel Spear's parents went to watch Rickea play. Azuri Stevens seems to have become a close friend on the team. I'm sure in addition to max frustration, there's physical exhaustion; she's been playing nonstop since FIBA last summer.

I hope it's just emotional, she got really whacked on the last play she was in, took a hard fall and someone at the game said she was noticably limping. Yikes.

Great ending to the Aces/Sky game!! Carter makes a 3 with 1 second left to tie the game. Wilson then makes a last second shot to win the game. 0 bench points for the Sky. Harrison and Deshields barely even played. Reese with 22 rebounds and first in W history with 3 games in a row with 20 plus rebounds.
Aces had 1.1 seconds to execute that final play. I knew Chicago was toast. Gave me a flashback of a certain game 😭

Aces had 1.1 seconds to execute that final play. I knew Chicago was toast. Gave me a flashback of a certain game 😭
Yep, that cursed clock setting definitely got noticed at my house.

Fun game to watch. The Sky is a mess, but a dangerous mess. If Angel could hit a lay up . . .

She shot 34%, from point blank range. Did get 22 rebs, 7-28 shooting but with 42 rebs the last two games. I can't understand why they don't quit jumping with her and block her out.

Unfortunately, Diamond and Izzy both continue to see their roles and playing time diminish.

Last edited:
Yep, feeling better. 8 pts in the first minute and a half of the game! 2-2 on threes. Of course she may not get another shot . . .

Reactions: chuckiepoo
End of first qtr - 16 pts 2 rebs a steal and lock down D on Satou Sably. Doesn't get better than this. Now has to show consistency tho, not going to stay perfect shooting but got to keep scoring.
Curt needs to stop playing with Rickea. This is her team.

She has 16 points at the end of the FIRST quarter.
Curt said recently he had encouraged her to shoot without hesitation. I can see the difference.

This start after the visable disappointment of yesterday is a major gut check.

Took Rickea out to start 2nd q, understandably for rest, and Dallas cut it to 6. Coming back in now, interested to see if she can regain the rhythm.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Halftime, Sparks up by 10. Rickea sat half the 2nd, got up only 2 more shots. Both were 3s, she hit one and finally missed one. At halftime she has 19 pts on 7-8 shooting, 3 reb, 2 assists and a steal. Pretty good lol. Simms actually has 16, having a really good game against her old team.

.Arike has 15 pts on 6-12 shooting. RIckea has locked Satou down, she has 5. Some of the best D I've seen RIckea play. But anything can happen in the second half. Sure would be nice for the Sparks to hold on for a change.

Halftime, Sparks up by 10. Rickea sat half the 2nd, got up only 2 more shots. Both were 3s, she hit one and finally missed one. At halftime she has 19 pts on 7-8 shooting, 3 reb, 2 assists and a steal. Pretty good lol. Simms actually has 16, having a really good game against her old team.

.Arike has 15 pts on 6-12 shooting. RIckea has locked Satou down, she has 5. Some of the best D I've seen RIckea play. But anything can happen in the second half. Sure would be nice for the Sparks to hold on for a change.
This could be her breakout, breakout game!!!!

Unbelievable the Sparks have 90 pts at the end of the 3rd q and lead by 19 pts! But no lie they could still blow this.

Sims took over the scoring in the 3rd, along w Hamby and Stevens, RIckea only got 2 shots but hit a three and a ft so now has 23 pts, matches her career high. But what makes it alot better than the other day, she now has 4 assists, had several nice ones that qtr bc they're trying to lock her down. Also has 2 steal and 2 blocks, by far her best overall game.

Rae was in briefly but struggled. She'll probably be back this qtr.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back